“LOVED This Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Decorah
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The name "Rubaiyat" derives from a collection of poetry written over 1,000 years ago. The poems are a testimony of living life to the fullest with the help of good food, fine wine and together the joy they can bring to life. Owners Andy & Kim Bonnet invite you to share in their love of great food and wine as you experience fine dining at its best in downtown Decorah. See you soon!
Mason City, Iowa
“LOVED This Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We happened upon Rubaiyat on a recent birthday trip to Decorah and stopped in without a reservation but were able to be seated. By the time we left the place was filled and we knew why!!! What a fabulous find!!!
Our waitress, Mandy, was attentive and helpful and our food was served in a timely fashion. I tried the "flight of 3 wines" which was a great way to sample some I had never had before. Our starter was an incredible blackened brie which was by far the best I have ever had. Our waitress even asked the chef what was used on it!!!
Our salads and entrees were wonderful---just the right amount and seasoned perfectly. I can not remember a meal that was as nice as this one in quite awhile---especially in a small location as Decorah.
We finished off with a shared dessert---Creme Brûlée and it was plenty for both of us. We left the restaurant happy and filled and anxious to make a return trip!!! A great place for a celebration or just a nice evening of dining!!! Mandy even put a sparkler in my Creme Brûlée!!! Happy Birthday to me!

• Visited April 2013

Cresco
“great food, but out of my budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I went here with my husband for my birthday. It's a very nice romantic setting. We had a good time, but I felt so guilty when we got the bill. They use local produce and and do a great job preparing it. It's just way out of our price range.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, CO
“Unexpectedly good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Decorah is a lovely town, but I did not expect to find such a nice restaurant here. We had dinner at Rubaiyat and it was as good or better than restaurants in much bigger towns. The quality of the food was outstanding, and the service was as good as it gets. You could transplant Rubaiyat into most large cities and it would compete with the best. Thanks for a lovely evening.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Iowa
“Packed! But, worth the wait.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We've begun to enjoy the bar scene of busy weekend nights at Rubaiyat. If you're not looking for the dining room experience (which is excellent but often full), try sitting in the bar or at the bar. The gals are busy but attentive and the atmosphere is loud and fun. Great selection of beer on-tap and good mixed drinks. A good place all-around!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
minneapolis
“as good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

kym and andy have become friends over the years my son went to school there and we keep going back to visit because we love the town and the food here is as good as it gets. Service is great, ask for Mandy Tons of beers and martinis, very good innovative menu, try the pasta rubiyat. great wine list and sunday morning breakfast is special. It is expensive for a small town standpoint but a bargain by Minneapolis standards. I havfe never had a bad meal in probably 40 that we have had there. I look forward to eating there.

• Visited February 2013