“Extremely Diappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Davenport
Titusville, Florida
“Extremely Diappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I travel on business regularly and I typically stay at Marriott Residence Inn properties and this is by far the dirties Residence Inn I have ever stayed at. When I checked in and was assigned a room, when I smelled like a pool hall from cigarette smoke. I called the front desk and told them I would not stay in the room and they assigned me a second room. That room also smelled like smoke. I called the front desk again to verify that I was on a no smoking floor and they assured me at the rooms were no smoking rooms. I had to spent a week at that hotel because i could not find another in the area for the same government rate, I was not a happy customer. The smoke was one issue, my room was also extremely dirty and I had roaches in the kitchen. The hotel is in need of a cleaning, furniture update and grounds maintenance. I strongly recommend that you don't stay at this hotel. If you want to stay at a Marriott Resident Inn during your visit to the Quad City, I strongly recommend the Moline Resident Inn, it a brand new property that is close to Rock Island and the airport.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

My room's AC was leaking on the floor, ice maker didnt work, toilet handle broken, and tub clogged. Room and hall also smelled of cig smoke even though they say they dont allow smoking. My friend who also was staying there was waiting for his luggage to be delivered by the airport. He asked the front desk for two days if it had arrived. It had been there the whole time. The people at the front desk were just lazy and stupid and didnt look in the right place in their office. Dont stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
washington, d.c.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

This RI is sufficiently off the interstate for a quiet location. The King suite was partitioned, as I recall, spacious, updated, and with all you need for a comfortable overnight stay, Staff is friendly and helpful. Mid-week snacks and breakfast are included. If you like Tex-Mex, try nearby Azteca 2 for an inexpensive and comforting dinner.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
atlanta, georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel for my graduation from Ashford University in Clinton, Iowa. Even though the hotel was about 40 minutes from the school it was a straight shot and very easy to get too. We were five minuted from the Northlake Mall which had a million stores seem like and it was a straight shot 10 minute ride down to the river front to the Rhythm City Casino. The hotel was extremely friendly and courteous, very clean and quiet and we were greeted each morning for breakfast with a hearty good morning and other conversation. I highly recommend this hotel and they referred us to have dinner at the Thunder Bay Grill, again 5 minutes away and it was fabulous! Even my 10 year old granddaughter said she liked the restaurant when we could finally drag her away from the hotel pool which was inside and heated by the way. Don't think twice about staying here

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
South Central Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I have stayed here several times on business, usually for 4-5 nights at a time. I appreciate the breakfast where one can make healthy choices. The Mon-Thu evening receptions offer wine/beer and small entrees that I supplement with vegetables/salads stored in the room fridge. Not only is the staff friendly - everyone smiles when they say hello - but the friendliness has spilled over onto the guests who greet one another with a smile or leave the elevator with an entreaty to have a good day. I wish everywhere I traveled had a hotel like this.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

I stayed at the Residence Inn in Davenport, Iowa, again recently while on government business. The staff is extremely accomodating and very friendly. They have great hot breakfasts with a large variety of choices. They serve a dinner reception, including beer and wine, Monday through Thursday evenings. Once, I left my swimsuit hanging up in my room and the Manager Brian was so kind to send it Priority mail to me so I could have it for my vacation the following week. I work odd hours sometimes which can cause me to have to leave extra early in the morning and they will put together a breakfast and put it in my room refrigerator. If you can't make it back to the hotel in time for the reception they will put a plate together and put it in your room refrigerator too. The assistant manager Howard is just a hoot! So friendly. And Sunny who works the desk goes above and beyond to help in any way she can. I can't say enough nice things about the staff here. The rooms are spacious and warm. It's almost like having a small apt away from home. I have called to make reservations before and found the "Government rate" rooms set aside to be fully booked but they have always extended the govt rate to me anyway. How accomodating!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Carlisle, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

from our first contact with hotel personal,giving us the beds we wanted,even an additional baby crib,to moving chairs around to different rooms,and having the pool towels all scattered around in any of the four rented rooms we had ,they were wonderful,even at check out time. this was one of the best hotel stays we had ever had and the best price ever for the rating of this wonderful marriott.

• Stayed April 2009

Been to Residence Inn Davenport? Share your experiences!