“Too noisy....” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Genoa, Illinois, United States
“Too noisy....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

check in was smooth and quick. room was acceptable. bath tub walls were dirty. the sleep number bed was awful. hated it. not comfortable at all, no matter what number I tried. but the worst part was the noise that came from the atrium. people yelling, slamming doors. we stayed there on a Saturday night, with high hopes of enjoying the noon check out by sleeping in a bit. but that didn't happen. the atrium gets quite noisy with people. oh and the band that starting playing at 10:30 in the morning!!! so we did not get to enjoy the peace and quiet of being away from home. and I agree with the other review that the skywalk was nice to use because it was quite cold out, but it was confusing on which way to go. I won't stay here again. if you go, try a room that is not in the atrium. it would have been nice if the staff would have said something at check in about the room being in the atrium, we would have tried to get an outside room. lesson learned....

Room Tip: try an outside room, not in the atrium.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Receiving feedback from our guests enables us to improve in areas of concern. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were attending an event at the Adler Theater nearby. Being winter, the completely indoor skywalks to the Adler were a deciding factor in choosing the Radisson. The prices of the Blackhawk were another reason for choosing the Radisson.

Pros:
Nice room, quite large, appeared to be well kept. Coffee pot in the room. Beautiful lobby (though I I don't pick hotels for their lobbies, I sleep in the room not the lobby). River view room on the 4th floor is above the mechanical equipment kept on the roofs on that side of the building.

Cons:
Windows don't open, physically locked shut, we would've liked some fresh air in the room at one point.
The pool ... well ... I don't mind a small pool which this one is, but ... it was kinda murky and I got the impression something wasn''t 'right' with the filtration, entirely too much 'stuff' in the water. I know pool filtration, something wasn't right. The pool room was quite warm (that's ok), but the water wasn't warm enough. I got half way in and got back out, too cold and too murky. My wife put her feet in to her calves, she likes things cooler than I do, but she wouldn't go in further. We discussed the pool temp, and the condition of the water, and went back to our room. No point in complaining to the desk, it takes longer to get the water cycled thru the filters properly than we had time to spare.

Spa: MISSING! No hot tub in the pool room. This was really our biggest disappointment.

Parking: At check-in they gave us parking pass - not mentioning the open air unattended and unsecured parking lot behind the hotel was going to cost us $7. In a town the size of Davenport, really, it's a small town, you're making plenty of money without charging for parking ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY.

The coffee pot:
Apparently not used much, there's a couple 'pods' to use to make coffee, godawful coffee, possibly the worst tasting coffee ... yeah, just the worst, yuk, horrible coffee. And a couple 'creamers', one of which had started to congeal - oh come on now.

Summary: The room was nice, the room was clean, the mechanicals functioned, the location for the Adler or River Center is second to the Blackhawk, but it's cheaper.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Belleville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My mom went down to Davenport to see an event at the Adler Theater. There is a skywalk connecting the building to it (although somewhat confusing). We were checked in very quickly. The cards to our room didn't work, so we had to go back down, but that was minor. The rep quickly resolved the issue. Our rooms were nice and big. Big TV. The bathroom was kind of small, but the tub was big, so that was good for me. I found the bed extremely comfy since I put my Sleep Number bed down to 30. My mom, however, didn't and admitted she didn't read the part of the hotel manual that shows how to use the bed. It might be nice for people who don't actually look through the long hotel instructions, to have something right on the nightstand showing how to use the bed. We did not eat at the resteraunt they had, but we did indulge at the bar for a few drinks. The barstaff was extremely helpful and smiley. When we got back from our show, I asked the hotel staff where we could eat, since their place was closed at 10pm. It might have been good to keep the room service open until 10:30 or 11am. But she called a local place for us, then directed us to another that was still open where we got some grub. When we checked out the next morning, it was again, super fast and everyone was so friendly. The lobby and eating area is very well kept up. And our rooms were immacualately clean! I am one of those who look everywhere. I tipped our maid because I was so impressed. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful to have taken the time to inform us of the recent experience you had with our staff and the service provided. Guest satisfaction is key to our industry, and I am happy to hear that we met your expectations. Once again, thank you for selecting our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at Davenport's River Center and found it to be a pretty decent hotel for either family or business travel. It was lively too. There was a high school Class Reunion, a wedding or two, and another conference. Families on vacation. Lots of kids going up and down the elevators on their way to/from the pool. However, next time I'm in Davenport, I will try the Blackhawk. I did not realize it was such an architectural gem, and closer to the main conference facilities. The Blackhawk's ground floor is wrapped by a classy bar, cute coffee shop, services and shops, truly evocative of the grand heyday of the Mississippi River when it was a central trade and travel route. Next time...

Room Tip: 3rd floor or higher on the river facing side gets you above the roof line so you don't have a vi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I like the Radissons and this one in particular has a very nice inner part. There's plenty of light and the environment is very fresh. During my last experience I noticed that my bed didn't have the mattress control to adjust its comfort. The breakfast is also something that can be improved and a buffet would be a good choice...

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in July. Neither my son nor I cared for the Sleep NUmber beds, which isn't the hotel's fault, but my son's remote control for the mattress wasn't working, and he was terribly uncomfortable. At 2 a.m we requested a roll away bed. They wanted to charge us for it! But they quickly backed down when I protested, so kudos for that. The venue is quite lovely and has a terrific location close to the water front and right across the street from Chocolate Manor. Staff was polite and helpful in a situation that arose that could have gone badly. We did not use the pool or eat at their restaurant or bar, so no opinions on that. There is a charge for using their (out in the open, no attendant, only a gate) parking lot on top of their nightly rate, which I suppose is typical of any downtown hotel, but I will never find those charges fair. We'd stay here again if they could provide a room without a Sleep Number bed...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel. Receiving feedback from our guests enables us to improve on how we can accommodate all of our guests a little better upon each visit. I am happy to hear that your inconvenience was rectified in a timely manner. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.
Forest City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with this property! The hotel's public areas are very attractive and clean, the rooms are very comfy and clean, and the gift shop was very reasonable in price. Room service was great and the free WIFI was a nice addition. Service was very good. Only two complaints and both deal with parking:

1. Parking is in the garage across the street and it is a bit of a labyrinth walk to the lobby and back to the rooms.

2. We were charged for overnight parking on Friday when the garage was completely open and free on Saturday. If we would have said we didn't have a car, we wouldn't have had to pay. The hotel should be up front about this.

Room Tip: On the outside wall of the building away from the main courtyard, especially if there is a party or...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!