“great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed at the best western plus in davenport on business recently. the staff was great, wanting to make sure everything was fine with my room and service I was receiving. the food in hotel was very good, especially breakfast. no issues. would stay there again and recommend it to others,

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jodi H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Steeplegate Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear joyce b,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the customer survey regarding your recent stay with us. It is through comments and suggestions from our guests that we are able to improve our facilities and service.

I am pleased to see that you found your stay with us to be an enjoyable one. Thank you also for your nice comments on the restaurant, the breakfast, and the service!! Our goal, as a staff, is to provide each of our guests with exceptionally clean and comfortable accommodations in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and I invite you to stay with us once again. The staff and myself will look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Davenport area.

Davenport, Iowa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Bettendorf, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Helpful staff made stay very pleasant. Nice accommodations. Sun deck a lovely little used perk. Strongly recommend to anyone looking for quality place to stay. Appreciate extra efforts made by Emily and Aaron.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear DMJCASE,

I am pleased to see that you found your stay with us to be an enjoyable one. Thank you especially for mentioning Emily and Aaron, they are always on task and are amazing asset for our customers. Our goal, as a staff, is to provide each of our guests with exceptionally clean and comfortable accommodations in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

st louis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

recently stayed at the hotel for business trip. staff was courteous, friendly, gave excellent service. rooms clean comfortable, roomy. food in restaurant was good. would highly recommend staying there if in the area.

Dear Joyce M,

I am pleased to see that you found your stay with us to be an enjoyable one. It sounds like you were able to use our restaurant Prairie Grille as well. Our goal, as a staff, is to provide each of our guests with exceptionally clean and comfortable accommodations in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here on a visit with family. Shocked the hotel did not have an elevator, which was a problem when some in our party needed one. Got past that. Biggest problem was that we came back around 3pm, to find our room was not made. We left at 4:30, and came back 11pm, our room was never made that day, at all.

We complained. The on the day of check out the maid knocks on our door to make the room at 9am. We were still sleeping in, from the night before. Not sure why they would want to make a room so early on the day of checkout, and screw up other days. I think there is a lack of communication between management and maid staff.

Personally the hotel was not worthy of a 3 star rating. It's older than most hotels. The rooms are clean, though.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Ben C,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I would like to address a couple issues and apologize for any confusion. We do not have an elevator since we are only a two floor property and all of our handicap accessible rooms are on the 1st floor. I did investigate the issue of your room not being attended to by housekeeping with our housekeeping manager. She has logged that you had a Do Not Disturb flag on your door, as a rule we do not enter any room that has this signage on the door so that we do not disturb your room. She also had a request that your room was addressed 1st thing the following morning because you did not receive service and that is your room was approached at 9:00 am when the housekeeping department starts their day. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

very nice rooms and very comfortable beds. The free breakfast is great. Would highly recommend. We have stayed here several times and will keep coming back. They also have a very nice pool area and restaurant and bar.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear 619kelliek,

I am pleased to see that you found your stay with us to be an enjoyable one. I share each customer survey, including the comments and suggestions made, with the entire hotel staff. Our goal, as a staff, is to provide each of our guests with exceptionally clean and comfortable accommodations in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Upon arrival, I experienced a fast check in. Because I am a Best Western Rewards diamond member, I was up graded to a Jacuzzi suite without me asking. Though I did not use the whirlpool, it was a nice room. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. Also, in the room was a TV guide listing the programs for the week. All the staff I spoke with were polite and friendly. Derek, the person at the front desk, even let me use the exercise facility at 10:15 p.m. (It closed at 10:00 p.m.) I made sure that I was very quiet. The gym had a True treadmill, a stationary bicycle, a stair-stepper rowing machine, a weight lifting machine, and free weights plus a bench. I had an excellent workout. The only negatives I experienced during my stay was that since this was an older building, the walls were "thin" which means you could easily hear outside noise. (People talking and doors shutting.) Moreover, there was no USA Today newspaper for the guests, and no elevator at this hotel. In the morning, I took a relaxing hot shower. The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs and other hot items. It was an excellent breakfast given the price - free! Upon departure, I experienced a quick check out. When in the Davenport area, I will again stay at the Best Western Plus Steeplegate Inn.

Room Tip: If you do not like to climb stairs, ask for a first floor room since there is no elevator at this Be...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear MrLorin,

I'm glad that as one of our diamond members you were recognized at check in, your loyalty to our brand is very appreciated. We very much appreciate your review as it is written is such a polite candor. We do provide USA today newspapers (complimentary to rewards members) but they are only at the front desk, I'm sorry that this was not told to you. I'm pleased that Derek was able to help you get your workout in! I am very pleased that overall your stay was an enjoyable one.

Avoca, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

As always, this hotel has proven to be an excellent location for us to stay. We like everything about it. The restaurant has been amazing. The staff has always been good and helpful. We were going to find a different restaurant to try, but felt we couldn't beat the quality and quantity of the food and atmosphere here. We also appreciate the morning buffet. It is always well stocked, with fresh food and employees are there to keep it full. All in all, it is a wonderful hotel and with it being so close to the school our child is going, we will be frequent stayers.

Dear dkshelby,

I want to thank you for taking the time to fill out another customer email survey. I can image just how busy you must be – there are never enough hours in a day – and the time you have spent filling out our surveys has been very appreciated.

I'm also very pleased to hear that your stays have all been wonderful. Our goal, as a staff, is to provide each of our guests with exceptionally clean and comfortable accommodations in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and I am very glad that you will back with us again in the near future. Myself and the staff will look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Davenport area.

Davenport, Iowa

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Steeplegate Inn? Share your experiences!