“One of the Better Best Western Chain Hotels” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Davenport
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“One of the Better Best Western Chain Hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The problem I have with the Best Western chain is you never know what you are going to find. Some are just awful and others are very nice with little consistancy.. The Davenport property is one of the better in the chain. Featuring a cocktail lounge and resterant on property along with a large atrium pool area, this property should be popular for both families with children as well as business travelers. Property was clean and desk staff were nice. Its an older property but its clean and kept up. Only issue is it can be a little tricky to enter from a long fronatage road that is in very poor condidtion. Big sign is easy to spot from the Interstate.

Room Tip: Pool-side rooms may be good for families but a little loud for business travelers.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rochelle R, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Steeplegate Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hello Port-A-Fan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property!

I'm glad to see that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. I noticed your comments on the clean property and the desk staff being nice. Our staff works very hard to provide clean and comfortable accommodations in a friendly environment for each of our guests. I will be sharing your comments with the rest of the staff to let them know that their hard work is paying off. Thank you for taking the time to recognize this.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, and I would like to invite you to stay with us again. The staff and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Davenport area.

Davenport, Iowa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Elk River, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel rooms were very clean, the inside and outside of the hotel were in great condition, the staff was helpful, happy and upbeat, it was a great stay! I would highly recommend the Best Western PLUS Steeplegate Inn for business or pleasure! We'll be back again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Chris!

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us!

I'd like to thank you for recommending our property for both business and pleasure! I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and noticed your comment on the helpful, happy, and upbeat staff. I feel very fortunate to work with such a great group of people here at our hotel, who work very hard to provide great customer service at all times.

Again I want to thank you for the great review you gave us! The staff and I hope to see you on your next trip to the Davenport area.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We couldn't have been happier with the price, quality and customer service were outstanding. The food at the restaurant was excellent. The Fish fry which they are known for was wonderful and the Brunch on Sunday was incredible as well as the breakfast buffett every morning. The only thing I would complain about is the smell of smoke in the hallways near the smoking rooms. The rooms was wonderful, clean and comfortable. We've paid more at other places and received much less so we couldn't have been more happy. It definately exceede our expectation and we will pick here everytime we come to Davenport. Great job!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rochelle R, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Steeplegate Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hello Sooknutz!

Thank you for your fantastic review of our property!

I'm happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our restaurant during your stay. It sounds like you really enjoyed our fish fry and our Sunday brunch. I will be passing along your excellent comments to the staff. I also noticed your comments on the clean and comfortable rooms. Our staff works very hard to provide a clean and comfortable atmosphere for all of our guests. Your comments let them know that their hard work is paying off.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. The staff and I hope to see you on your next trip to the Davenport area.

Cambridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The husband, the kids and I decided to have a night away from home and thankfully this place was pet friendly, the pups got to come too! The place was booming when we got there and the pool room was packed, very nice to see coming from a small town! We all swam and enjoyed the hot tub very much! The room was beautiful and very modern, clean and well managed! We didn't eat the breakfast in the morning, slept inn, but was able to order out that evening. Wonderful Chinese place! A bonus was the noon c/o, most hotels check outs are 11am, so that was nice! We plan to come back maybe once a month just to get out of the house! Would definitley recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rochelle R, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Steeplegate Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello Meghan!

Thank you for writing a wonderful review on TripAdvisor!

I'm happy to hear that we were your destination for your family and pets on your night away from home! I'm glad to see that you were able to take advantage of our later check out time as well. Your comments on the clean, well managed rooms did not go unnoticed, and I will definitely be passing along your positive feedback to the housekeeping department.

Thank you again for the wonderful review! The staff and I would like to invite you and your family back to stay with us the next time you need to get out of the house.

Kogarah, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Arrived to check in and front desk attempted to "downgrade" from 1 King room to 2 Queen room. I opted for my reserved non-smoking 1 King room. As I headed towards the 400 wing and opened the door to enter the hallway and was immediately hit in the face with acrid smell of stale cigarettes. I returned to the front desk for an explanation of smoke smell in hallway and was relocated to the 2 Queen room across from the pool and around corner from the bar. Very noisy until bar closed and was awakened early in the AM with people going to get breakfast. At 0630 I packed my car, skipped "breakfast" and checked out at 0700 - I just didn't care to listen to everyone slam doors, talk loudly and interrupt my morning any longer. Overall without a discount and no other options I would probably not return.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the 444/644 wing - it smells like stale cigarettes.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rochelle R, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Steeplegate Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hello Amanda!

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. It's through our guest's comments and suggestions that we are able to improve our facility, and I'm sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations.

I noticed your comment on the smoke smell in the hallway. I want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for notifying the front desk about this issue so that they were able to take actions to correct this. I also want to apologize for the noise from the lounge keeping you awake late.

My expectations for our staff, as well as for myself, is to have every guest leave our hotel feeling that the service they received and the accommodations they paid for were exceptional. I apologize that this was not the case for you. I would like to invite you back to stay with us on your next visit to the Davenport area, so that we may have a chance to redeem ourselves.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We decided to stay for the Valentine's night have a little get a way we are local and stayed in alot of hotels and they are either dirty or just not worth the $ I found that this hotel was perfect for us very clean and classy! We loved the bar and the atmosphere was perfect for our age! We enjoyed our stay and would loved to stay again, but we did have one problem with housekeeping knocking loudly on the door at 9 a.m we didnt have the DND sign out but check out isnt until 12.... I find it rude and inconvenient when i have to call the front desk and complain that I am pissed and all the front desk attendant says is thats how it works pretty much and she didnt appreciate me cursing at her.... Needless to say I have been in the hotel buisness and that wasnt a way to assure things would be taken care of or a way to talk to a guest.. We didnt have a sign on the door and we didnt think about it.. We rarley get to sleep in so we were pretty upset when we were woken up before our alarm went off! Loved the bed! Thats the best I slept in years! Maybe thats why I was so upset my sleep was distrubed! And I would like to say that the 3rd shift guy was a real nice guy! N I have never heard of hotels not having fans bc of insurance purposes but i dealt with it.

Room Tip: If you want a clean room this the one to stay at!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rochelle R, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Steeplegate Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello Corlinda!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your Valentine's Day getaway and taking the time to review our property!

I'm pleased to see your comments on our property being clean, classy, and perfect for your Valentine's night! Our staff works very hard at maintaining our property's appearance. Your comments reassure them that their hard work is paying off!

I want to apologize for any inconvenience the knocking on the door may have caused you. The front desk is always very willing to work with and communicate to the housekeepers if there is a reason not to disturb a guest, otherwise our policy is to knock on any door that does not have a Do Not Disturb sign at 9am in order to start getting them cleaned. I don't feel that our front desk agent was trying to be rude, but was merely caught off guard by the colorful language that was being directed at her. I sincerely hope that you will give our property another chance on your next opportunity for a night out.

Marion, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Overall, nice hotel, with friendly and helpful staff. Clean room, nice pool and restaurant, However, we were awoken at 2:00 a.m., by a banging door, of the room across the hall. We also heard knocking and voices. After 20 minutes of this, I went to the hall, to see what the problem was. A security guard stated that an occupant of that room had passed out in the room, and the other members of the party were attempting to enter the room, and couldn't. I assume the passed out member of the party had locked the safety latch, preventing others from entering. The security guard was polite, but the banging continued for several more minutes after I returned to my room. Instead of trying to awaken a passed out occupant and disrupting other guests, I wish an alternative approach (calling the room, finding alternative accommodations for the other members of the party) would have been taken. This truely disrupted my family's sleep for the night. Also, our room faced the interstate, so we did hear the semi traffic passing by. Not terrible, but if you're a light sleeper, get a room that doesn't face interstate I-80.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rochelle R, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Steeplegate Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hello Terry!

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor!

Your comments on the overall service of our hotel being nice are exactly what we work so hard to achieve. I would like to apologize for the commotions at 2:00 am. I know that my manager has reached out to you via the Best Western website, and offered compensation for the inconvenience, and I would like to offer my sincere apology as well. Our staff works very hard at trying to provide excellent customer service, and I assure you, this is not the experience we would like you to remember. We will be taking this feedback and using it as a training tool to try and prevent this happening in the future.

Again, I would like to thank you for the review on your stay, and I also want to invite you back to our hotel. The staff and I hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to the Davenport area.

Davenport, Iowa

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Steeplegate Inn? Share your experiences!