“Very Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Davenport
Dexter, Michigan
“Very Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This is, as several reviews before me have said, a nice newer hotel. It is not anything crazy, but it is always nice to find a clean and friendly hotel that you can stay at. The breakfast was nice in the morning. We were just there one night and managed to find this place thanks to TripAdvisor the same day we were looking for a place. When we arrived they upgraded us to a larger room (probably partially because we were only there one night) which was really nice and not necessary, which made it an even nicer gesture. I would recommend this to others venturing into the Quad Cities.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

I spent a few nights here last week and was pretty impressed. This newer-looking hotel was a little ways from downtown, but in a nice part of town. Check-in was a breeze, and the room was much larger than I expected. The work area was nice (although the chair was too low and I couldn't figure out how to raise it), and connection to the wireless was simple.
In the morning, breakfast was the standard, which is fine. There is a movie theatre and several restaurants within walking distance, so there is plenty to do if you need to get out of your room at night.
Overall, I was very happy with this hotel and would stay here again if I had work in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I've been to a good number of various incarnations of Hampton Inn and this one is one of the nicer ones. Building looks like relatively recent construction, as opposed to a refurbished old hotel of some other franchise brand, and the location is great. Walking distance to a Walgreens, located near an abundance of restaurants of varying cuisines and price points (also within walking distance), and near a supermarket. Surprisingly this location does not have in room fridges, which I thought was standard issue, but not a deal breaker. Definite in room wireless which so far seems like to have a strong and consistent signal. Overall a definite place I would return to for future business stays.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

This was a great place to stay. Good location. Walking distance to movie theatres and restaurants. Plenty of shopping in the surrounding area. Employees were very friendly. Room clean and comfortable. Good breakfast included in room price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

New and clean. Felt very comfortable. Nice free breakfast. Free USA today weekdays. Local restaurants deliver to hotel. I thought it was expensive for the area. With tax I paid around $145. The business center was nice and free to print. I needed a late check out and they were really nice about it. There was no iron in my room and I had to go down stairs and get it myself which I thought was crappy for the money I was paying.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for Christmas this year. We've always spent Christmas in the Quad Cities and have done so at several different hotels in the area. This hotel is by far the best - the staff is superb and they are very accomodating. Anything we needed - they were right there to give it. Not a single complaint.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

I stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday while visiting some family in the Quad Cities and I was VERY impressed. As a Hilton Diamond member I see many Hampton properties during the year and this is probably the best one I've seen this year. Not only was the staff supurb and super friendly, but the rooms are clean, spacious and in great condition. The hotel itself is about two years old and in a perfect location. There is a movie theater across the parking lot along with a Walgreens. Across a busy street you'll find shopping along with a grocery store (Hy-Vee). The best part is there are TONS of restaurants within a one-mile radius and several within walking distance (Texas Roadhouse, Red Robin, Los Agaves and Biaggis are just a few that come to mind). When I checked in I was given a 10% off coupon for the Texas Roadhouse. Although I didn't use it over the holiday, it was a nice gesture. The Hampton breakfast here was a little better than I've received at other Hampton properties. I specifically remember the first morning when they served mini breakfast pizzas on a muffin which were VERY tasty. Overall without question I would return here when I come back to the area and I highly suggest this property for others.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Davenport? Share your experiences!