“filthy!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Davenport
Bourbonnais, Illinois, Usa
“filthy!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The most filthy disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in! Was told they can't get good help for 7.25 per hour! Will never stay or recommend this hotel again! We had blood in our bath tub, black hairs in the bed and soap scum all over the bathroom sink!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We arrived at the hotel checked in and all was good for the most part. I did notice that someone had wrote the wrong check-in date on my card, however the lady fixed it while I was standing in front of her. We went to our rooms as we had been on the road for 24hrs and were exhausted. Came down the next morning the breakfast was wonderful for a hotel breakfast. They had plenty to choose from and it was good. That evening my family and I are resting for a bit in our room and in walk two people that we did not know. Some how they had double booked our rooms and we had guest we did not invite. So I walked down stairs to see if there was anything I could help with or that I needed to verify and the girl at the front desk assured me all was good. Well upon leaving on Sunday I was told that I was charged 26.00 but that they had refunded it to my card. Ok well there was nothing I could do about it but they did refund me. So anyway, Sunday, after graduation I go to get gas and get a low balance alert on my card, come to find out Crossings had charged me over 300.00. There was no reason for them to charge me at all seeing how both of my rooms were paid for in advance a month before we headed to Iowa. I exploded on the hotel staff, not very classy I know but they were dipping into my pocket book taking my money to get home. I arrived home on a Monday and it took almost a week to get my money back into my bank account after trying for hours to explain to the hotel manager what had happened. She kept telling me we did not charge you we did not charge you. However, given the fact that I could present her with bank statements to prove otherwise I kept fighting. While I was at the hotel the manager sent word through her employee ( manager was on the phone) that the guy working the front desk had been there for 3 years and knew what he was doing. HA!! Someone had no clue what they were doing. Anyway, it took a little while but in the end I did get my money back and the same manager that had been rude to be a few days before was very nice and helped me over the phone, maybe it helped that I called their headquarters?? I don't know but what I do know, is I will never give this hotel the chance to steal my money again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is a rip offf I payed for my room 1 adult an 3 children and 4 hours latervI get a call from the front desk telling me I owe them more money because my 13yr old child an my 15yr old are considered adults so my $59 rate turned into $98 my 2 neices showed up an they were not in the room 3minutes an the front desk was calling accusing me of having a party an then I was charged more money for my neices to swim this place is a joke I have no privacy an I feel like I rented a room with roomates this is serious they are extremely rude DO NOT GET A ROOM HERE they are liars and thieves I would have left but they wont give me a refund this is the worst ever please listen to me this is not a deal it is not worth it go to the next hotel close by please beleive me this is horrible

• Stayed June 2013
Indianapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I called early on our way into Iowa to ask about an early check in and was assured our rooms would be ready by 1pm, instead of the usual 3pm check in. When we got there, only one room of the 2 was ready, and we weren't able to check in to the second room until AFTER 3pm. Both rooms smelled overwhelmingly of smoke, despite being non-smoking rooms. Only one of the 3 lamps in the room worked, there were no comforters on the beds, just a thin white blanket. The dust ruffle was completely bunched up under the matress. There were several bags of trash left out in the hallway by housekeeping that we had to walk around. Those sat there for over 2 hours. The door to my room wouldn't shut unless it was slammed. I couldn't get out of this hotel fast enough. (I didn't think to take a picture of the trash, but I added a picture of my bed, as it looked when I walked in.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Marshfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

House rules elevate the chance of having a good stay. Spotless. Aroma-free. Attentive desk staff. A nice place. Excellent price. Long ways from roughing it or taking chances with security. Close to Cracker Barrel and Thunder Bay Grill. No sanitation threat here. Single bulb over the wash basin was not working but ambient light from other fixtures suffices for usual uses. I asked that it not be repaired while I was here, but that repair should wait to be done between guests, i.e. after I leave, but before the next stranger arrives. As I wear a beard, I don't shave. As my wife is on vacation, she does not do makeup. We just wanted peace and quiet in a clean dark area for rest. The TV was big and sharp. The refrigerator is plugged in for use and unpluggged for energy conservation. Breakfast is adequate. The place is unremarkably up to standard with a price relief. If I were to change anything, I would include maintenance requests in the same drawer as the Gideon so that the desk staff would not be bothered with house maintenance problems and the housekeeping staff would be able to keep up the good work.

Room Tip: #108 is just a few doors down the hall from reception. The AC and heating works like new. If I had...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Taylor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The pool heater and vent system failed and backed carbon monoxide through the entire motel. We woke up with the fire department pounding on our door, ordering us to immediately leave the motel. I managed to get my pants on my wife was still in her PJ's but managed to grab her coat. The fire fighters were fully dressed and had oxygen masks on. There were at least 9 emergency fire trucks and rescue units. It was a scary situation. Some of us waited out side the front door, It was a cold and rainy night. We were waiting for managment to explain what had happen and hopefully help find another motel. Management never showed up. Most of left. We were lucky and found a hotel with 2 available rooms. In the morning we returned. I asked for a refund of $89.59 for the safe motel. The front desk refused. Without my knowledge I was refunded $71.64. I asked to speak withe manager. The front desk called her but she did not bother to answer. I asked the front desk to call me within 3 days. No phone call.

Room Tip: Even my GPS could not find the hotel by name.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I think going to a hour rate hotel would of be cleaner and nicer..poop on the iron board. rude front desk people. the maids was nicer then the front counter people. Pool was closed the two days we where there and was not told why after asking. smoke detector was broken in the room if we didn't get a maid in to fix it most likely would of be blamed on us. called and asked for more towels and the girl at the front desk asked me to come down and get them. only thing warm at the free "breakfast" was the coffee. World's loudest shower I've ever taken in my life the shower head no matter how many ways you moved it kept getting louder! Shower floor was moving! with every step. so if you want nasty bad and rude this is the place to come too!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Davenport? Share your experiences!