“could be better,but,then again,it could of been much worse.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quad City Inn

You added Quad City Inn to your Saves list
Quad City Inn
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   6111 North Brady Street, I-80 at Exit 295A, Hwy 61 at Exit 59, Davenport, IA 52806 (Formerly Motel 6 Davenport)   |
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Davenport
Bentonville, Arkansas
“could be better,but,then again,it could of been much worse.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

This hotel used to be the Motel 6 and it is now the Quad City Inn,it is just like the motel 6 on a dirtier scale,the staff was nice,but,they really need to get on the ball about,linen cleanliness and also about unsupervised children running around all over the place and making all sorts of noise and also getting pet owners to pick up after their dog,would I stay here again? no,I would look around and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
qisgeneralmanager, Director of Sales at Quad City Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, we were just taking over the property and have made several improvements since your stay in February. We have renovated 30% of the rooms so far, with new carpet, new painting, and some minor changes in the bathrooms. We have also been working with our guests to make the property more appealing to travelers.

We also have purchased all brand new linens for the hotel as of this month, and have put in new Queen beds in our Queen Rooms.

We are still in the process of renovating the property, and would like to invite you back to try us out again. Our return guests are very happy with what they are seeing take place with this old Motel 6 property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Carpinteria, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

I'm on a budget and chose this hotel based on the price, but it is dirty and I would recommend paying the extra money to stay somewhere else. The carpet is stained so badly I was afraid to walk barefoot, there was a dead bug lying on its back in the middle of the bathroom floor, someone had left a bracelet thing behind the toilet (I guess the cleaning crew missed that although it was big enough for me to notice), the queen bed was noticeably sagging in the middle and uncomfortable to sleep in. My neighbors were noisy, there appear to be people living in this motel as evidenced by the mini-charcoal grill outside of one room which had cereal and junk food on the window sill. I'd been in my room for about an hour when the front desk called to see how my room was -- a mild attempt to be customer service oriented -- I asked if there was a way to adjust the thermostat which was broken, crossed off with a sharpie and set to either 50 or 80 degrees. Get this -- the front desk girl suggested that if it got too cold that I should turn the A/C off! Rather than to get up and walk on the dirty carpet while half asleep to turn on/off the A/C I slept cold. Not pleasant. A very run down place with a unclean feel.

Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
West Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

I have stayed at this motel 6 several times including just recently (July 9) and it just seems to be getting more worn down each time. I don't expect much for the price to begin with, i am only there to sleep. For me personally I have never had any problems with the place or the people who work there but it is obvious they have not made any improvements to the place in years and have no intention to.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Lake Villa, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Real nice check in staff, very personable. Clean bathroom, dirty sleep area. Air conditionor barely kept room cool. Nice location. Just off Interstate 80, short drive to shopping and restaurants. Rooms open to parking lot, making it easy to unload and reload our motorcycles. No coffee pot or fridge in our room, pretty basic, but the price is right. Pay extra for Wi-Fi. Motorcycle friendly. Free am coffee, no breakfast.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

We checked in and were a little weary of the other customers, but we checked in. We went to our room and I quickly discovered the toilet was backed up & began to overflow! I ran out of the room to call the front desk. As I was leaning to phone I was hit with the overwhelming smell of urine       between the beds. We left the room and they have us a new room.  Honestly, I almost made it to the  room, but the way the customers  were staring at me made me turn  around and demand a refund. We  went to the super 8 across the  street which was wonderful.
The women who checked us in couldn't  have been nicer & I do not envy her job.

• Stayed July 2010
Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We ignored the negative reviews already posted and regretted it, having just stayed in a very, very nice Motel 6 in a town about 300 miles away the night before. Facilities are dirty, not well kept. When we checked in, we were told all that were left were non-smoking rooms (great for us) but when we entered our room, it was clear from the smell that we had been given a room that was used as either, depending on the needs of the hotel for that evening. Many cigarette butts scattered on the ground outside. Loud foul-language neighbors weren't the fault of the hotel, but they just added to the poor experience. We paid $47 total for two of us for a Monday evening in June. Other choices in the local area. Would suggest looking there first.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We booked this hotel with what we thought were rational expectations for a Motel 6: no frills just a clean room in a safe environment. However, this is not what we experienced. The room was a waking nightmare; a musty odor filled the room and a damp atmosphere permeated the space. All surfaces were moist to the touch. The carpet was a kaleidoscope of spills, soil, spots and stains. One of the two beds was bottomed out and broken, I dared not give the bed much more scrutiny because I was too fearful of what I would discover. The second day brought a visit from housekeeping; we knew he/she had visited because some materials in the room were tampered with, however there was no other evidence of upkeep (new towels, made beds, refreshed soap). The patrons of the motel were aggressive and hostile, at one point while I walked past the breezeway a man opened his door and made kissing noises at me. Many people gave us intimidating glares. It was a very rough trade. We checked out on the second day. It was disgusting and seemed dangerous.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quad City Inn? Share your experiences!