“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
San Diego, California
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here while moving across country. They were pet-friendly and affordable. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The air conditioning worked very well which was necessary in the 95+ degree heat! The breakfast was surprisingly good...there were hardboiled and scrambled eggs, sausages, and yogurt, in addition to the regular hotel breakfast fare of muffins, bagels, and cereal. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; we are pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be comfortable and an enjoyable stay. We certainly do take pride in our suites and work especially hard to ensure that all our in-room cooling devices are in great working order. Glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast; we certainly do go above the standard to ensure that our guests find a hearty way to start their day with a wide selection of free breakfast options. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Four of us stayed here one night on the way home from a western vacation. Room was large with two queen beds and a sofa bed. Room was quiet and comfortable. Don't know anything about the area but would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking time to review our hotel and are pleased you had an enjoyable stay during a road trip in July. We are a great location for guests that are merely driving through the area on the way to another destination. We work hard to make sure we provide a clean, safe, and comfortable stay and if your travel plans bring you back through the area we would love to welcome you to stay with us again.
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at many Comfort Suites Hotels and to be honest, this one was probably our least favorite. The beds and pillows are outdated and in need of replacing. The second floor guest laundry facility was out of order the entire time we were there. The prices were high considering the condition of the beds and pillows. I CAN HONESTLY SAY, MY HUSBAND AND I TOSSED AND TURNED THE TWO NIGHTS WE WERE THERE. The maids however, were the BEST!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
KC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently stayed here. The room had a bad odor to it and the smell of chlorine when you walked into the front door like to knock you over. With this being said the food area was right around the corner from this. So needless to say I did not eat anything they offered. The comforters on the bed were stained with bleach. The sheets were bleached so much that I broke out in hives! More is not better! The carpets need changing the fridge needed changed out the phone did not work.
For the money this is not your typical Nice upscale Comfort Suites Inn. I am very surprised they have allowed them to keep the name. I am very picky where I stay. I will not be staying there again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed on a Sat night with some friends.It had some new features,however the old features shown through.The odor of chlorine was so strong we could smell it on the 3rd floor.I can say the room was clean.This is the type of hotel that you would stay at if you were traveling through and needed to sleep and get going right away in the morning.They did have a complimentary breakfast,I did not go to it.I'm not planning on staying here in my near future.If I did have my kids with me,I wouldn't of let them in the pool or hot tub.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Lincoln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

the staff were all friendly, the room was comfortable the air conditioner was quiet as well as the rest of the hotel. We were pleased with our stay here. The only thing that didn't work out was the wifi wasn't working when we tried to get on. The staff told us the building was having a few issues with it and that it was kinda hit and miss. The office staff was nice and looked up the store we were trying to locate and gave us directions, address and store hours. The breakfast was nice as it had a few options that other hotels oftan don't offer. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Carlton,MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I'm sorry to say but this hotel needs many updates for being a Comfort Suites. Wall paper coming off of walls in many places. Carpet very stained. Bathroom very small. Air conditioner must be as old as hotel and loud. I would not recommend this to anyone. I do have to say employees were very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very nice and that is probably only good thing. I do believe the persons who clean the room did best they could with condition it was in. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!