“Pleasant staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Pleasant staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our stay here was very nice. The hotel was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The room was sparse (2 beds a desk and a chair), but sufficient for our needs.The staff was especially nice. Complimentary breakfast was the normal fair, coffee was good. When I tried to call for a wake-up call I discovered that our phone did not work, but since I had my own alarm clock I didn't bother to report it until I checked out in the morning. I was asked to wait a minute before leaving and to my surprise I was handed a new receipt with a monetary credit for my inconvenience. What a lovely surprise!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hi Sonia719,
Thank you for the nice review of the Council Bluffs Fairfield Inn and Suites. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our coffee but I am so sorry that you had issues with the phone not working. I completely understand this being an inconvenience. Thanks to your report that morning, this has been fixed. I hope we will see you again next time you are in Council Bluffs.

Kind thanks,
Diana
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

At the last minute we called for a room, it didn't start off so well, she told us she was real busy and having a bad day and didn't know if she had a room Hold On ! I thought that was a little funny. I could tell in the tone that she wasn't having a good day, she came back and must have regrouped herself and yes they had a room, we stopped checked in, and all is well.

Room Tip: The air kept turning on and off on the bottom floor rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Tommy,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us at the Council Bluffs Fairfield Inn & Suites. I am so sorry that your stay got off to a rocky start during the reservation. I understand how this can make you weary of your stay and I apologize. I am very glad that we were able to recover and provide you great service once you arrived.

Diana P.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I wanted a place that had a nice pool for the kids to swim in after being cooped up in the car for 8 hours. I picked this hotel because the pictures showed a nice pool and nice rooms. I WAS WRONG!! My reservations were for 5 people (2 adults and 3 kids). Our room was equipped with 3 medium towels and 3 small towels. We were given ONE tiny bottle of conditioner and ONE tiny bottle of shampoo. The TV had very poor reception. We had to watch squiggly lines and white spots. The rooms were NOT nice!! The pool was closed for cleaning. When I told the older woman with spiked hair behind the counter that I made reservations at that hotel because of the pool for the kids, she was VERY rude and said, "Well that's the way it goes, we don't guarantee the pool will be opened." The fact that she was so rude and disrespectful about it made me decide to review this dumpy hotel. Hopefully I can save a few people the same BAD experience and prevent their vacation from being ruined!!

Room Tip: Do NOT choose this hotel at all.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Kim,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs. I want to apologize for the negative experience you had at my hotel. I understand how frustrating it would be to look forward to using our pool just to find out that it was closed. I want to apologize for the behavior of my front desk associate and assure you that I will be speaking with her. I also wanted to let you know that if at any time you need more toiletries to please let us know and we'd be more than happy to bring them to you. If you should find yourself in our area again I do hope that you will give us another opportunity.

Diana P
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

On a recent family vacation we stopped in Council Bluffs for the evening and stayed at the Fairfield. It is a easy to get to and surrounded by shopping and restaurants (many in walking distance). The room was very nice and clean, as was the bathroom. The kids enjoyed the pool and I enjoyed the fitness center...but clean and well maintained, too. The breakfast was nice and there were many items that pleased the family (with some picky eaters). I normally stay at Marriott Hotels or Courtyard Hotels in the Marriott chain, so I was pleasantly surprised to find such a nice budget hotel. The five stars is for a Fairfield, so please keep in mind it is a budget hotel review. Overall, I was impressed with the rooms, facilities and staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Diana P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hi Andrew,
Thank you so much for the 5 star review! I am so glad that you enojyed your using some of the amenities we offer to our guests including the pool, fitness center, and breakfast. I hope we see you again on your next trip though the Iowa.
Cheyenne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Last minute stop... thought the price was a decent rate, not the cheapest but not the most expensive. Check-in was fast and staff was great. The room was clean, bathroom was kept up nice, beds were comfortable and temp of room was fantastic.

Check-out was perfect... free breakfast had many options and was one of the best I have come across.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and could hear folks walking around on the 3rd.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Diana P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hi Richard,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us including our beds, our free breakfast, and our great staff. Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I will be sharing your kind words with other staff members. Its so nice to hear from our guests. We really appriecate reviews!
Hudson, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed the night while travleing cross country. Easy access to highway and close to a number of places to eat. The hotel and room was very clean and appeared new. Free breakfast that is typical of Fairfield's. Friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for the nice review. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your cross country trip. We are located just off the interstate and make a great stopping place for those long car trips. We hope that we will see you again!
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

When traveling on a budget and trying to find decent places that do not nickel & dime you to death, you have to love the Fairfield Inn's by Marriott. Complimentary breakfast, clean efficient room, free wifi, free parking, free use of their business center to print boarding passes or surf. Does it get any better?

This hotel is located near lots of stores (home depot, kohls, menards, walmart) and various restaurants ranging from fast food (McDonalds to Olive Garden). Something for everyone.

Overall, very nice stay, couldn't have been happier. Room was very comfortable, overall appears of the hotel, room, dining area is very nice. Front desk staff very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Diana P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hello, Thank you so much for the kind review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again the next time you are in Iowa. Thanks again!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!