“Best Western - Council Bluffs - So-so experience” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Western - Council Bluffs - So-so experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Rooms were fine, but the fitness area was lacking. This area was very hot and humid and did not lend itself to being used. The fitness room did not open until 7 AM and required a separate key that you had to get at the front desk. The hotel room itself was comfortable, but nothing exceptional.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Imperial Beach, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is an older Best Western, but has been well maintained. There is some construction nearby, but that will be done. Room was nice and clean. Check in was quick, but not overly friendly. Breakfast was good with biscuits and gravy, very good gravy, with all the standard cereals and such. Good value as we had a coupon from a coupon book obtained at rest stops.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Westbrook, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We picked up the coupons from the rest area when entering Iowa, and found a great coupon for the best western crossroads--brought the coupon in and were given a very nice room. This location has construction going on and has lots of very busy truck stops close by, so was not as easy getting in and out of as I like, but it is right off the interstate. The clerk asked if we wanted first or second floor and we said we didn't care..didn't realize that they don't have an elevator, so it was kind of hard to get all of our stuff hauled up the steps. There were also a lot of working people staying there and they were close to our room..they were very polite but a little noisy when getting going in the morning. The breakfast was good and well maintained..a nice big area. We didn't use the pool--looked very nice, and where we might have tried the hot tub, it was under maintenance, so didn't get to try it.. All in all, great room for a great value, would definitely recommend this hotel and stay again...make sure you check the rest areas of each state for these lodging coupon books...they have some great deals...also, this hotel is very close to the horseshoe casino, so if you like to gamble or visit casinos, this is a great location

Room Tip: ask for main floor-no elevators and maybe closer to front of hotel..I think they have lots of people...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a complaint against Best Western, Council Bluffs, Iowa, for overcharge. I had made a reservation for 2 nights, 2 weeks in advance, with some sort of internet promotional discount. I even had a printout of the confirmation. When I tried to checkout the night before my departure, the man at the desk, by the name of Ali (I think an Indian guy. He would not give me his full name) the price that was stated on my confirmation for the 2 nights was supposed to be for 1 night. When I emphasized what was printed on the confirmation was for 2 nights, he was so rude and asked me to re-produce the booking with the same discount before he would honor it. Of course the internet promotion was not there anymore. When I asked to speak to the owner, he only gave me a business card of a person with another Indian sounding name. When I tried to call the number on the business card, I got Ali again, who then told me the owner did not usually come to the hotel and there was no way to reach him. When I said he should not charge me double, he said since he had my credit card number already at check in, he could charge me whatever he wanted without me having to sign to approve it. This is totally unacceptable. I will take this matter to Best Western Corporate, the BBB and will definitely dispute with my credit card company. Everyone should stay away from this Best Western in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Grand Island, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I booked my room on line through the Best western 800 number. I was quoted $45. The guy who checked me in told me the room was supposed to be $89. I said, "Yea, it was a great price, that is why I booked it." The next morning, the new clerk told me that I was billed the full amount and she would not change it. I requested the manager call me. He never did. When I returned from my trip, I asked about it again and was referred to the bookkeeper, Ali. I called him and he again said that rate wasn't possible. I called back to the 800 number for reservations and they showed they had confirmed the rate of $45. I am disputing with my credit card company, but you can't do business like that.

Room Tip: Get your e-mail quote in print before checking in!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jacksonville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This motel is conveniently located so I stay here pretty often and that's the only reason. The only absolute positive is the truck parking.

The rooms are ok, the beds ok, the bathroom ok, the staff range from ok to excellent. The internet connection is ok to great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Crossroads of the Bluffs? Share your experiences!