“Works for our purposes” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
“Works for our purposes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The motel is older, the rooms are good sized. There are two TV's in the room, a desk with internet and a sofa. There is a pool which is fairly small. We use this location because it is on the transport route from the casinos and the dog track. You can ride the casino bus for free (tip the driver) and visit every casino in Council Bluffs or the dog track just by riding the bus and have drinks and then return home on the bus. There is a family neighborhood Italian restaurant (Sam's Italian) within walking distance from the motel which has great food. There are also fast food locations within walking distance. The interstate is right outside so you can get to downtown Omaha in about 3 minutes.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms in the front of the hotel, the highway noise can be loud. The pool is located in th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel is a bit off of I-80 and 680 and was a little tricky to get to. However, our stay was great from start to finish! The front desk staff was very friendly and the check-in process was very easy. This hotel was nicer than some other Quality Inns I have stayed at in the past. The room was nice and big with 2 LG HDTVs. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint about the room was that the shower was dated, but it was still clean. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mt. Pleasant
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel is very dated and due for a redo badly. The service at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were good size and clean. Beds were very comfortable and had very nice down pillows. Breakfast was typical hotel fare.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lula,Ms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hard to get to from the interstate, but nice motel . Not best surroundings but better than first impression! Fantastic staff very friendly and helpful-went above and beyond to help! Rooms were average but clean, comfortable bed, fridge, microwave. Great stay for the price! Definitely recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nice but older hotel. Very clean and comfortable room. Located adjacent to a busy gas station but my room was very quiet. There was no hot tub but the hotel has a very large indoor pool area which guests were enjoying. Staff was friendly and took care of all my needs. The usual breakfast fare but the eating area was a bit cramped (not unusual for an older hotel.) Access to and from I-25 can be a bit confusing but was no problem using a GPS.
I would definitely stay here again on future trips through the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We visited family in Council Bluffs and Omaha for eight days and stayed at this facility. It is a good location for travel to both cities - near the Iowa end of the bridge across the Missouri. The staff was helpful, courteous and friendly. Beds were comfortable. We plan to return to the area in Spring 2014 and will most likely stay at the same place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New England, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel itself would rate poor but add in the service & its terrible. Driving through the area to get to the hotel, I knew I had made a poor decision not to cancel my reservation after reading poor reviews on here. The building right across the street is literally boarded up. It was raining when I arrived to check in & they have a tiny covered area. The lady who checked me in was rude. I had reserved a smoking room & she said I had not even though my confirmation shows I did. Ended up in a smoke free room. Asked if she had a bottom floor room available since there is no elevator & they didn't but asking seemed to disturb her. When I asked her if there is a designated pet area, frustrated she responded that they can just go on any grass but to pick up after them. She didn't tell me how to get to my room & when I asked she seemed irritated. She explained that there is 1 door on each side of the building & told me which door would be better for us to go in. I thanked her for her time. She didn't say anything positive like thanks for staying with us, or enjoy your stay, or anything. Parked near the door she suggested, unloaded the dogs, & some small bags. Neither key card opened the door & no cover over the walkway to the door. I leave my husband with 2 dogs in the rain to walk around the building in the rain to the front desk. I waited in line & then explained that neither card would open the outside door. Her exact words were " I figured that would happen. I will tell maintenance in the morning to fix that." She asked if we had tried the door on the other side of the building. I said no it's raining & we were half way unloaded. She gave me 2 new cards after tossing the other 2 & said gook luck with these in a snarky tone. She did tell me how to get to my husband through the building. He had already went back to the truck to stay dry. Put a trash can in the doorway so I could go get them. Next morning door still didn't work with cards but my husband found another door down a ways we could use. It would have been nice to know about that door the night before. No smoke alarm in our room. The building is old & ran down. No updating. Just threw some flat screens up. At $110 a night, I expect way better. Worst hotel experience ever!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!