“Great hospitality!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Sioux City, Iowa
“Great hospitality!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is our second time staying at this hotel. I had to catch an early flight out of Omaha and decided to stay here again. The front desk lady (Sara) was fantastic! Very friendly and genuine! We had gone out to dinner and returned with some adult beverages that required a bottle opener (which we of course we did not have!) so we asked Sara and sure enough she had one at the front desk. We had asked for extra pillows. It took a little while to find them (they were booked that night), but they did bring them up to our room. I was taken to the airport in the morning by another one of their staff members, which is so nice! My boyfriend was able to sleep in and not have to worry about taking me to the airport.

Room Tip: The rooms are somewhat small, I don't think more than two people could fit comfortably in there...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oswego, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had to stay here for a baseball tournament that my son had. The place is pretty old and run down. Breakfast was terrible. The rooms and furniture were very out-dated. On the bright side, the room was a good size that fit our family of 5. The location was also extremely convenient since we were able to get in and out of Omaha quickly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This room was booked while we were on a road trip. The air conditioning was nice and cool until we were in the room long enough to hear the crashing/clunking noise it made about every half hour. The bed dipped in. They had recently spray painted the tub...and the tile floor. I suppose you would expect some of this for a place rated two stars, but not at $90. One more thing; my husband noted that the lock on our door didn't work. From the outside, even if the deadbolt was on, when you turned the handle it opened the door!

Room Tip: I would pass this one up.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I don't know if we were just lucky or not compared to some of the recent reviews, but I have minimal complaints about the room (dated sofa bed). The staff was perky and charming. They even upgraded us to a suite when we checked in, and it was during the College World Series, so they were swamped. The swimming pool area was stuffy, but comfortable otherwise. The breakfast area was a bit cramped, but at least it was free. If you get a good deal on this place, take it.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Westwood Los Angeles County, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Hard to believe that they were charging 169 for a room worth maybe 39 (they did drop it to 19 when I complained, but still hugely overpriced....old, very smelly (not sure what, but it was gross)....looks and feels like a relic from the 1950s. Maintenance and housekeeping are obviously not items of concern. Read some of the earlier postings and believe them......My travel agent booked it, if I had read the reviews first, I would definitely have avoided this place. Enough said.

Room Tip: Not sure that there are any.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We have NEVER complained about hotel accomodations before. We only stayed for an hour and had to leave. The mattresses were sagging, and the bedding felt damp. The room smelled musty. The bathroom floor and shower were dirty and covered with hair. The couch felt like it was from the 70's and we didn't even dare look at the pull out sofa-sleeper. There was no way we were going to stay, much less tuck our children in there. For a $200-plus hotel room it was unacceptable. The only saving grace for this dump was the very friendly and accomodating desk clerk....she should find employment at a hotel that has quality somewhere besides it's name!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear DayCareMomma,
I am sorry to hear of your recent experience, and I appreciate your feedback from your stay. I assure you that we have taken care of the issues you have outlined, and I am pleased to announce that we are awaiting the arrival of our new bedding for all of our guest rooms. We would love to accomodate you again in the future. Good luck on your travels!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

So we stayed down there for a baseball tournament and I decided to ignore all the bad reviews but that was a mistake this hotel is OLD the shower was disgusting the suite we got felt like a motel for $40 bucks . We booked for 2 nights we ended up staying 1 and went to the fair field in Marriott this hotel is worth the suite just saying . The breakfast was HORRIBLE selection and the lady microawed the eggs :/ horrible the smoking room was the only suite left and the sheet was burnt

• Stayed June 2012
, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Gunart,

I know how uncomfortable a smoking room can be for a non-smoking guest and I wish we would have had one of our non-smoking suites availible for you on the eveneing of your stay. I personally went and inspected the room you stayed in, and I appreciate your feedback about your accomodations.

I wanted to take the time to assure you that our full, hot breakfast is cooked fresh each morning and that we prepare all of our hot favorites in accordance with the manufacturers suggested preparation guidlines. Along with our sausage, scrambled eggs, and hashbrowns, we serve a spread of donuts, rolls, friut, yogurt, oatmeal, bagels, and many other cold favorites daily.

Sara

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!