“Easy stay” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early - Save 10%
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
“Easy stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The hotel is close to interstates and not too far from the airport. Room are nice sized and clean. Showing some signs of wear in the rooms but they are completing an upgrade. The lobby us nice and the breakfast area is also nicely laid out. Nice property. Oh, and Bass Pro Shops is right next door. Nice.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Alicia S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us and other travelers your feedback on your most recent stay with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Council Bluffs.

We are very delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope that you will come back and see us again in the future when our updates are complete.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had a nice sized room with comfortable beds. The front desk was friendly. The sofa pulls out to make a third bed, but there was something yucky all over the couch (looked like mud splatters.). We took off the cushions and kept them off, so that worked. I called for a blanket for the pull-out, and after waiting an hour, I called a 2nd time and they came quickly. The cleaning staff seemed like he was super busy and just couldn't keep up with the demands, so I felt bad for him. The kids liked the pool. They were out of towels, so I had to get some out of the work out room. We enjoyed the breakfast...fresh strawberries and cantelope, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, waffle maker, muffins and bagels. There was construction going on, but it was quiet in our room. If you like casinos, it was close to the Horseshoe.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Council Bluffs.

Everything that we do at the SpringHill Suites is to ensure that our valued guest enjoy their experience. You indicated that you had a mixture of pleasurable experiences with us and some areas that need to be addressed. Please be assured that we are looking at these issues to make some corrective action steps to ensure that they do not accure again in the future.

Thank you again for giving us your feed back we look forward to serving you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I booked a reservation here on a long business trip by car and was desperately in need to stop for the night after 8 hours if driving back from Colorado. I had never stayed here before but was on my path and counting on Marriott quality I wasn't let down.

Excellent clean and updated rooms which are an excellent sight to see after a long journey. Since I arrived late, and I was happy to see they didn't give my reservation away, I didn't get a chance to use much of the hotel other than the room.

Early departure also meant no evaluation of the breakfast, etc.

One negative is it seemed a little difficult to get to from the Interstate. Definitely plug it into your GPS as it is not straight forward after exiting.

But once you find it you will be happy with your choice.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us and other future guest your feedback on you most recent experience with the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Council Bluffs.

We are delighted to see that you stay with us was enjoyable. Everything that we do at the SpringHill is to ensure our guest satisfaction. We thank you again for staying and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Fort Dodge, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Our recent stay at this Marriott property was another great stay. The property is well maintained. The building does have renovating occurring such as new carpet among other things. I didn't think the building looked very old so I was surprised to see the renovating. The employees were very friendly and hospitable. The room we stayed in, roomy and clean. The bed was comfortable, always an important must. Breakfast in the morning was delightful and had plenty of choices. I definitely will be staying here again when I'm in the neighborhood. :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Alicia S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent experience. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Council Bluffs was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Internet was down for 3 days. The toilet leaked and refilled noisily late at night and I found a cockroach in my bathroom. If I had to do it over I'd choose another place. I was, overall, disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014
Alicia S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the SpringHill Suites Council Bluffs.

You indicated there were a few things that were unsatifactory on your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your or our own expectations. We wont you to know the internet was our number one prioity in getting it back online and we were finally successful. We completely understand how affective not have it on your stay was and again want to offer our sincer apologies. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

We truly value you as our guest. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss your experience with me.
712-256-6500
Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I am a Marriott Silver Elite member, which means I've stayed at my fair share of Marriott properties. I was hesitant to stay here, since SpringHill Suites are not my favorite, but choices were limited since we planned a trip to the area during the College World Series and, apparently, some high school baseball championship games. Plus, there were a lot of good reviews of the property. From the outside, it seemed promising. However, the minute we walked in it was like getting hit with a wall of mildew. There were signs everywhere asking guests to excuse the mess and dust as they begin to renovate. It was hard to overlook it. Within our first few hours of being in the hotel, none of us could breathe. We all woke up the next morning with sore throats and our sinuses were on fire. In the end, our three night stay was only two nights. We just couldn't handle the stink of the hotel any longer. We thought about leaving after the first night, but after a full day at the zoo we were too tired to drive home!

Second, the room we were in was horrible. Following another tip found here, I did call ahead and request a room on the top floor, facing away from the interstate. I was glad I did, especially after seeing the hotel was taken over by high school baseball players and their parents. We had a room that could sleep 5, but it was one of the most crowded rooms I've stayed in. Not only was it small, but they had started renovation work in there. I had to ask for the room to be vacuumed again, as there was so much debris left behind from work on the walls.

Finally, the breakfast must depend on the day. Our first morning, I thought it was the only redeeming quality of the hotel. My family was happy with the selection, and the food was hot and decent. The second morning we went down at 8:45 a.m. (Breakfast ends at 9:30 a.m.) Nearly everything was gone, and there were a lot of people coming in behind us. I asked if they were going to refill the buffet and received a mumbled response that it wasn't worth the time since they closed in 45 minutes. They were - literally - out of oatmeal, nearly out of eggs, had three grapes left out of the fruit selection, and had 6 muffins left. There was a line-up of baseball players and other families behind us and no one was happy when they realized there was no more breakfast coming. It was over breakfast that we made the decision to call our trip to the area short a day and go home. While my family ate, I went and notified staff we were checking out a day early.

I will say that the hotel staff was very nice and I actually felt bad saying that we were leaving early because the hotel sucked.

I would recommend NOT staying at this property. There are several properties close by that may be better options. I could have honestly overlooked the size of the hotel room, and even the shortcomings of breakfast, but the smell of the hotel it too much.

Room Tip: Top floor, facing away from the interstate
Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Saraya R, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear HCM94,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the SpringHill Suites Council Bluffs and Trip Advisor viewers. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking steps to avoid this issue in the future. I would also like to apologize that our breakfast quanitity was running low.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Winterset, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here in early June. Checked in & was told the hot tub was closed due to the state/city had not called to approve the reopening of it. Not sure what that meant. First thought was it had bacteria in it but I didn't want to assume. This was a disappointment though. We were looking forward to using it but could not. There are signs around the lobby saying they are spring cleaning. The only difference I noticed (we had stayed here last March) was there were a few rooms that were being painted. The room itself was larger (like all Springhills are). Studio style. Was pretty clean, however there were no wash cloths anywhere in the room. Would have contacted front desk but didn't notice until was ready to get in shower. Also, air conditioning unit in room was extremely noisy. Told front desk about this at check out & she apologized but only offered extra points on the Marriott Rewards card. Would have rather had a few bucks off. Which leads to: received an email when I got back from our trip about completeing a survey about the property. I stated my opinion about the hot tub & air conditioner & they offered to take off $20 from the bill, which they did. Will give this place another try the next time we are back in the area. Always in the past, we had a perfect stay. This time not as good, but still not horrible & it was corrected by management later. That is good customer service & so therefore, we will be back. Plus about hotel is it is close to casino, which we had a fun time at.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
#7 of 25 in Council Bluffs
4.0 of 5 stars 240 reviews
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Council Bluffs
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29

Been to SpringHill Suites Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!