“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Atchison, Kansas
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here for a short weekend trip to the zoo and ball game. We had a very nice stay. My only complaint is that the walls are a little thin, you can hear your neighbors very clearly and the air conditioner is very noisy when it cycles on and off. You cannot just have the fan on continually for the noise. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choices and there was quite a lot of setting. They even opened up the meeting room next door to take care of any overflow.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

With a number "2" rating on TripAdvisor this hotel ended up being a major disappointment. This facility might be good for families, but that's it. The desk and breakfast area were understaffed. The rooms are a little tired. No hot water in the shower. The breakfast offering was very weak and barely edible...just going through the motions and not offering quality (maybe this is typical for the chain...don't usually stay at Marriott properties).

Not recommended for couples, singles or business travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wichita Falls, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Everything about my stay was good until I woke up at 4:30am for a 6:10am flight out. I turned the shower on and waited and waited, no hot water. I thought, shave first and then surely I will have hot water, still no hot water. I can say this is the first time in a Marriott property, but you are never ready for a cold shower at 4:30am.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family stayed here after we visited the Omaha Zoo. The room was very clean and spacious. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub area as well. The breakfast was nice with a lot of options. My wife and I want to say a special thank you to Sue who was maintaining the breakfast area. Our 3 year old son has severe nut allergies, and she was extremely helpful in checking labels for us. We will definitely be staying here again the next time we visit the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We live close by but chose this hotel after getting a groupon for it that cut the price in half. We used the one night stay on a weekend to celebrate a child's birthday party. Knowing that many, many groupons had been sold for this hotel and needed to be used within the month we were expecting an over-ran, loud, and crowded place--but that isn't what we got. It certainly was full but surprisingly the entire hotel wasn't loud at all and never seemed crowded. The front desk was very kind in changing our room for us right after check in so that we could have a connecting room with one other family who joined us. The rooms were very nice, very clean, and quite roomy. Each of us had 5 people in each room (2 adults, 3 kids) and neither was cramped. The pool and hot tub area were clean and we used them a lot. Water temps were great. In the morning we all enjoyed the free breakfast (hot/cold cereals, fruit, pastries, breads, yogurt, juice/milk/coffee/tea, eggs, meats-which we made breakfast sandwiches out of) as it was very good, fresh, and was being kept very well replenish considering how many people were there. All staff we encountered were friendly. We didn't choose the hotel for location as we are locals but it does sit next to (walking distance) to Bass Pro Shops, Mid America Center, Horseshoe Casino, a couple restaurants, and then a short drive across the interstate some shopping and more restaurants. Definitely would stay here again if we needed a weekend get away!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Alicia S, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We are so honored to be apart of your Anniversary Celebration! Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feed back.
LINCOLN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the SpringHill Suites overnight last weekend, March 9. It was clean, had a very nice breakfast, check in was very relaxed, and the sitting area was nice to sit and chill and watch a movie. Totally enjoyed our evening get away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carroll, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My daughter and I decided to stay here instead of Omaha; since I work for the government in Iowa, I was able to get the government rate. The room has a cupboard with glasses and a countertop with a coffee maker, plus a fridge underneath it. I really wish it would have had a freezer, too, as I am recovering from a total knee replacement and really needed to freeze my ice packs. Trying to keep them frozen in an ice cooler doesn't work. I was in a lot of pain through the night and had to have my daughter go get ice from the machine, that started leaking out of the ice bag when it melted. There is a nice sitting area with a couch and a desk. The flat screen tv can be turned so you can view it from either the bed or the couch. The sink is outside of the bathroom, which I find a little gross. I don't like not washing my hands before touching the door handle. The bed is definitely the smallest king bed I have ever seen. I had read it in other reviews, but thought perhaps they were mistaken. My daughter and I had to share this bed and I am thankful we are not bigger as our bodies would have been touching! There is a mirror directly across from the bed, so it was a little discerning to look up and see yourself when you aren't expecting it! We did use the pool and hot tub and they were amazing! The pool water was warm and the hot tub was relaxing! I would have given this a 5 star rating if not for the small bed. We didn't eat breakfast there so I cannot comment on that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor away from the ice machine