“Hog Stop, a must stop!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 124 Restaurants in Council Bluffs
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Hog Stop, a must stop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I ate the buffet. The buffet had several choices on it. All was very good! If I had one complaint, food could of been warmer, but taste was very good. Sauces are excellent as well. Brought my 4 year old, and we really enjoyed the sweet corn from buffet. If in Council Bluffs, a must stop if looking for BBQ.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Buffalo, New York
“Good BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The pork and beef were both delicious. The sweet potato fries were some of the best I've had. The mac and cheese needed work - too creamy for my taste. Good value, good service, and good location!

Visited July 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Focus on the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is one of the best BBQ places I have found! My favorite is the smoked pork sandwich and coleslaw. My friends love the smoked mac and cheese and cornbread.They cater and also have their food available at other restaurants, like Rodeos, downtown Council Bluffs. They are open for breakfast though I've never been then. Atmosphere - nothing too fancy, but friendly.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beirut, Lebanon
“Wow, going back a 100 years in time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Frankly, quite horrified by this place but there wasn't anything else near the horrible Days Inn we stayed at in Council Bluffs. The waitress was nice but a lot of the stuff we tried to order from the menu was not available. The sweet potato fries were good but my grilled cheese sandwich was poor--not grilled and cheese hard to find. My husband's fillet was passable. The ladies at the bar were loud and obviously tipsy. Definitely not our type of restaurant and will not spend any time in that area again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Everything I expect in a great BBQ place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Excellent ribs. Meaty, juicy, tender, and smoky to the bone. Brilliantly seasoned. I've never ordered anything else, and I have never been disappointed. The cornbread casserole is another of my favorites. The rest of the place is completely no-frills, but clean. It's a neighborhood bar, essentially. All the magic in this place is on the plate, but for me, that's more than enough magic to make this my favorite restaurant in Council Bluffs.

• Visited May 2013