This trip was due to a junket from CA for 18 to attend the UCLA-Nebraska football game. Part of the reason for going was the football tradition in Husker territory & the other part was the box provided by Harrah's for viewing the game. It needs to be said that this Harrah's did an excellent job of shepherding us from arrival at the airport to shuttling us back & forth to the game in the least amount of time possible since delays due to game traffic were less than an hr. To illustrate the diificulties faced, we all flew in at different times from different parts of CA. On our shuttle bus from airport to hotel our driver acted as a tour guide as we passed various landmarks. We checked in after midnight so had to dine at the 24-hr Backstage Grill which turned out to be pretty good & prices were very reasonable. Room seemed to be standard for Harrah's. I stay at a lot of Harrah's so I'm mentally comparing it to LV Harrah's: about the same size but here all the lights work & it's an LCD TV. Property-wide Harrah's has been on a kick about all employees making you feel welcome & the same goes for here but you have that Midwest genuineness to add to it. When the security guard greets you he means it & doesn't seem so forbidding. I won't say there's less to do than in LV because what there is to do is just different. So checklist for next trip: across the river in Omaha is Henry Doorly zoo, college World Series, national swimming championships & an atmosphere that invites you to kick back
NB Harrah's has another property called Horseshoe a few miles away. They run a 24-hr shuttle between properties. The shuttles will do pickups at nearby locations of guests & others if you call in.
All in all it was a great trip & il'll admit the 41-21 score in favor of UCLA had something to do with it but the people here had a lot to do with it!
- Also Known As:
- Harrah`s Council Bluffs Hotel Council Bluffs
- Harrah`s Council Bluffs Hotel
- Harrahs Hotel Council Bluffs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether business or pleasure takes you to the Omaha and Council Bluffs area, staying at Harrah’s is your key to a fun, friendly time. Check in to our luxurious accommodations, including exquisite suites and deluxe rooms. Plus, you’re just step away from the action with slots, table games, fabulous dining, shopping and live entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Harrah's Council Bluffs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.