“Ours was definitely a "four star" room” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Harrah's Blvd., Council Bluffs, IA 51501   |
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Waterford, Wisconsin
“Ours was definitely a "four star" room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very large comfortable and clean room. This room had a luxurious Bathroom and had a throw rug which you just don't see in hotel rooms these days. In addition to Harrahs casino there was a shuttle to Horseshoe, just minutes away

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at this Harrah's location several times. The rooms have been clean and well supplied. The font desk service has been efficient and friendly. The buffet is average quality. However, a quick shuttle trip to another property, the Horseshoe in Council Bluffs us worth checking out. The buffet there is much better in quality and more selections. The casino area is also much larger. We like the the Harrah's location or a long weekend and use it as a headquarters for shopping, dining, and other attractions in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. We'll continue to stay and play here.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mankato, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel itself was in fairly good shape, but reservations and front desk service leave much to be desired. Rooms were decent and although the beds were VERY soft, some people like it that way, I guess. We had a party of 6 rooms and we all were charged very different rates, although all of us gamble about the same. Tried to coordinate discounts on the room rates for Sun for the rest of the party and the front desk was less than helpful about it.
Also, when I checked out, they tried to charge me triple what I had verified the rate to be at check-in. I had to prove with a piece of paper (thank god I printed it out) what my correct rate should have been. As well as waited around about a half hour for them to try to produce a receipt with the right amount.
The casino at this place was very smoky and smelly (sewer). It is an old riverboat and it has seen better days. Would not recommend to spend much time at this casino.
The diner type restarurant had good food for breakfasts and late night; although $3.00 for a baggie sized cheese popcorn was a little outrageous. The buffet was lackluster and would not go back to that for a 2nd try.

Room Tip: they have rooms that face the river....they are more expensive, but ask to upgrade at check-in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kearney, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I just attended a conference at Harrah's and was pleasantly surprised. My hotel room was significantly larger than I expected with an equally large bathroom. The room was extremely clean and very nice looking with one of the most comfortable beds I've ever had the pleasure of sleeping in a hotel. It's easy to hear noise in the hallway and through the walls but the bed made it easy to fall asleep. The conference rooms were what one would expect - very cold. I never ventured to the casino, so I can't suggest one way or the other, however I could smell the smoke coming from the casino floor as soon as I entered the lobby which was very disappointing but expected. Hotel staff that worked the conference were very friendly and helpful, however the front desk staff were iffy - the check-in woman was less-than-thrilled to get me checked in or confirm my nights and payment but the check-out woman was very pleasant and willing to answer questions.
Overall, I was satisfied with my trip there for the purpose of my conference, but I doubt I would stay there for any other reason due to my lack of interest in the gambling regardless of how awesome the bed was.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator to decrease the noise you hear in the hallway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gainesville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We loved staying here and were happy to have a view of the Missouri River. We were a little disappointed in how small the rooms were, but at least the bathroom had plenty of room to walk around in. The tub is the normal small bathroom and not really good for an adult to soak in, but serves it purpose. Nicely updated with flat screen TV and very comfortable pillow top mattress. We had great room service and prices are very reasonable. The Casino is very small to what we are use to and the entire top floor is not a casino, so there are only 2 floors. Slots are very tight, so stick to the tables.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the river for a nice view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Audubon, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Each year I visit a new Caesar's owned property in a different state with my Mom and sister. This casino was small, and I hadn't realized it was a riverboat when we booked. At check-in the clerk never welcomed us, never confirmed how many nights, rate, etc. Room was average - had to call down every single day to tell them we needed 3 towels and wash rags. We booked for 3 and you would think they would know that - especially after the 3rd call in a row. Room was a little noisy, could hear the people talking in the room next door and also each morning heard stuff from room above us.

Buffet was ok, especially on Tuesday when it was B1G1F for >55 years. Staff at buffet were the friendliest in the whole place. The little 24/7 diner is pretty good and has very reasonable prices.

Been there, done that, no need to go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ankeny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Rebecca at desk was great!! She gave us a room with river view.

The room was large and very clean . They have flat screen T V since last time. Room was very quiet. We would stay here again..

Need free Wi Fi

Room Tip: Ask for river view, nice to see river going by.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!