“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Huntsville, Alabama
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I enjoyed staying at the HI for business in Omaha. The rooms were spacious and nice. The connection to Ameristar made it easy to get to restaurants and the casino without going out in the cold. Proximity to Omaha made it simple to get to meetings in a few minutes. Looked like the nicest hotel on the east side of the river.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bill V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear trippin_it_up,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time here in the Omaha\Council Bluffs area with us. We really appreciate your business. Your comment about us being the nicest hotel on the east side of the river really means a lot to us. There are quite a few hotels in Council Bluffs and the fact that you see us that highly really speaks volumes on how much you enjoyed your stay. I also appreciate you showcasing for everyone our central location to Omaha, the casinos, and dining options as well as our large guestrooms. If you are ever in the area again for business or pleasure we would love for you to spend your time with us again!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is located on the Missouri River with a nice view from the lobby and lounge area as well as from the rooms on the river side of the building. The area shows signs of its obviously industrial past. (For example, there’s a grain elevator close by the hotel.) But the area is clearly undergoing a transformation as a result of the casinos that have been built. In fact, this hotel has a direct, indoor connection to the adjacent casino/hotel complex with the associated dining and entertainment options. That would be very convenient if inclement weather precluded going elsewhere. The room itself was large and very nicely furnished, including a sofa.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bill V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear CFH_NOLA,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time in Council Bluffs with us. We really appreciate your business. It is great to hear all of the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel. River-views and our indoor passageway to the casino complex are two of our best features and we appreciate you letting everyone know about them. I am glad that you found your room spacious and well-appointed. We have just completed a renovation and it is wonderful to know that everything was to your liking. If your travels bring you back to the area again in the future we would love to have you with us again. I hope to see you again soon!

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is a very nice facility. Our room was large and very nicely furnished, including a sofa. The hotel is located on the Missouri River with a good view from the lobby and lounge area as well as from the rooms on the river side of the building. The area shows signs of its obviously industrial past. (There were a number of 18-wheelers taking the same exit, and there’s a grain elevator close by the hotel.) But the area is clearly undergoing a transformation as a result of the casinos that have been built. In fact, this hotel has a direct, indoor connection to the adjacent casino/hotel complex with the associated dining and entertainment options. That would be very convenient if inclement weather precluded going elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn this week. The check-in process was quick and the staff was friendly and helpful. My room was clean, the linens were nice and the bed was very comfortable. My room faced the river and I have to say the downtown city lights, coupled with the moon beaming off the river was beautiful at night. The hot breakfast had an excellent selection and was well stocked even towards the end of serving time. The hotel lobby decor was tasteful. Our conference room was clean and well stocked with snacks and beverages during our meetings. My only complaint is that there were many cracked floor tiles in my restroom. I will stay again, should the occasion ever arise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bill V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Bubbles8990,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that your conference here was a success! I will relay to our sales and conference department how well they did. I am also very happy to hear that your time in your guestroom left such a good impression. River-views are one of our best features and you painted a wonderful picture for everyone how amazing the view of the Omaha skyline can be during the evening. It is great when our guests let us know when we do a good job and I will make sure the front desk staff knows that they made your stay more enjoyable. We would love to have you back with us during your next business or leisure trip and we will make your next stay even better than your last!

central Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our room was good and staff were courteous. The things that took this from a very good to average was the back of the hotel and the remote in the room. We had breakfast and thought it would be great to eat on the patio along the river. The view of the river was good but the housekeeping was pretty bad back there. They had attempts at flower beds that had obviously not been maintained in a very long time. Other little clutter items just added up to an air of "Beverly Hillbillies". You have a gem in that river side patio, make use of it. The other thing was the remote for the tv's in our rooms. Either the batteries were dying or they were bad and when we tried to put new batteries in ours to check we couldn't because they have them locked down or something. We wanted to watch the Olympics and wasted a long time trying to get to the channel. I hate messing with little stuff like that in a hotel.

Other than those things our room was large and clean. The lobby was nice and breakfast okay. It was next door to the Ameristar and we won enough there to pay for our room so I guess we made out. Attention to detail could easily make this a much better experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bill V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear chriscentralIllinois,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I am very happy to hear all of the positive things you had to say about our hotel. Our river views and our proximity to the casino are definitely two of our biggest assets. I also appreciate you bringing it to my attention that there is a little to be desired in regards to the condition of our back patio. I will make sure that this big selling feature of our property doesn't continue to be overlooked. I am also very sorry about the difficulties with the remote control and I will reinforce how important this is when our staff is doing their rounds of all of our rooms. I am very happy to hear that you did so well at the casino too. Your luck is better than mine! We would love to have you back to the hotel if you are in town again and are very grateful you chose us for your travels.

Story City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Horrible experience. Room smelled like mildew, staff was rude, floor smelled like cigarette smoke, had do not disturb sign on door and staff still knocked and woke up my son. Overall bad experience and then when I got home I find that my credit card has been charged twice!!!! Such a headache!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bill V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Tripsalot_80,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time in Council Bluffs with us. I truly am very sorry that this stay was such a negative experience for you. I assure you that any feedback such as yours is addressed immediately with the appropriate parties in the hotel. We care very much about our guest experiences and I am very sorry that the problems you had with our services have let you down. Each of your concerns have been addressed within the hotel and these types of experiences are not typical for our hotel. If you come to town again please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I will make special arrangements to make your time here a much better one. I will ensure that if you chose to give us another try that we wouldn't let you down again.

Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel was very nice. It has a beautiful river view. It is right next door to a casino, if you are interested in that. Service was great. We didn't have any complaints. We would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: You should request a riverview room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bill V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear mckapke,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time in Council Bluffs with us. We truly appreciate your business. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Cleanliness and service are two of the things we pride ourselves on the most and I appreciate that we did an outstanding job in these areas for you. We are also happy that you enjoyed the view of the Missouri River - that is one of our better features and I thank you for sharing it with everyone. We would love to have you stay with us again and we will make your next stay even better than your last one!

Assistant General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29? Share your experiences!