“Comfortable Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Buffalo, New York
“Comfortable Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were on the first floor, so we didn't have to worry about the elevator working. Room was clean enough, except for a large dark stain on one of the mattresses that we flipped while checking for bugs. No bugs though!
Front desk person was always friendly when we were coming in or out. Convenient location to Harrah's.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DICF, Manager at Days Inn Council Bluffs, IA 9th Avenue, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We thank you for your candidness. We've appreciated your business in the past and hope you will feel comfortable enough to try us again in the future if you would let us know when you are traveling to Days Inn city again. Thank you again. Manager Jackie Collins.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am a single woman traveling alone cross-country. This was a last-minute decision to stay at this hotel. I had been traveling cross country for the last 13 hours and saw that this was the closest hotel coming up on my GPS. I am writing this review in the Days Inn hotel room as we speak. The parking lot was dark, there were a lot of older teenagers congregating around. I will be pleasantly surprised if my car is not vandalized in the morning. There were two choices of rooms. The "first" floor Turned out to be a BASEMENT unit below ground. You had to walk down a flight of steps to get there! My only other choice was a third floor unit Which I opted for. THEY SHOULD LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT AN ELEVATOR BUILDING! I am a 54-year-old woman and I had to walk up three flights of steps with my luggage. The room itself was clean. You get what you pay for. PLEASE- Pay $30 more per night and stay somewhere that is safe! Only two buttons worked on the Television remote (0n/off button and the number 3).

Room Tip: I cannot suggest any options as you have to walk down flights of stairs whether you were on the firs...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Thank you for rating our hotel and providing your comments.We take great pride in Guest Service and Customer Satisfaction.Although it is our goals to meet the needs and expectations of each and every guest we serve, we realize that a few of our guest may not be completely vowed. Thank you, Manager Jackie Collins.
Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Horrifying. We stayed there because it was getting late but never again. In fact we'll never stay in another Days Inn anywhere. No elevator so we had to struggle with stairs, doors that opened out as we brought a lot of stuff into the inn while the desk clerk ignored our plight and read his newspaper. Only nearby choice for food was the Hog Stop BBQ which was equally horrible. Our impression of this area is not positive and we'll not stop there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DICF, Manager at Days Inn Council Bluffs, IA 9th Avenue, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for rating our hotel and providing your comments. We take great pride in Guest Service and Customer Satisfaction.Although it is our goals to meet the needs and expectations of each and every guest we serve, we realize that a few of our guests may not be completely vowed.Thank you, Manager Jackie Collins.
Hallsville, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My second stay in the Days Inn - Council Bluffs maintains the value I found the first time a couple of years ago. The location isn't glamorous but it is convenient to fast food dining, mass market shopping, a lake and park, and Interstates 29 and 80, and it's not too far from casinos, a movie theater, and the Union-Pacific Railroad Museum and other attractions downtown.

There is plenty of parking close to the various doors. It looks safe to me.

The 3-story facilities are adequate and clean but not luxurious. There is no elevator and access to the 3rd floor is only at the ends of the building. Temperature control in my 3rd floor room in early July was perfectly functional. Bed was clean and comfortable (I assume, since I fell asleep so fast I didn't have time to savor it). Bathroom and shower features are smallish but adequate and the washbasin and mirror are in the main room.

Wireless Internet access was reasonably speedy, reliable, and easy to connect to from Windows 8.1 and CentOS Linux but (inexplicably) not Solaris X86 (OK, I'm a computer nerd).

Free breakfast was served at and for a reasonable time, in a room with sufficient space but an inconvenient location in a corner room on the bottom level at the north end, and featured juices, milk, fruit, pastries, name-brand cereals, coffees, bagels, breads, usw. A waffle maker would have pushed it to my highest approval short of buffets with eggs and bacon and pancakes.

There appears to be an excellently equipped exercise room which I have never been able to use due to its 10 A.M. to 10 P.M. schedule.

Checkout was fast and trouble-free.

I have tried one other moderately priced chain motel in Council Bluffs and would rather stay in this one in the future.

Room Tip: I wasn't bothered by any outside noise but it would be louder on the east side I guess.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
DICF, Manager at Days Inn Council Bluffs, IA 9th Avenue, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for your great comments. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to the Days Inn and we look forward to welcoming you back to Council Bluffs again soon. We hope you'll stay with us again and wish you a wonderful day. Thank you, Manager Jackie Collins.

Been to Days Inn Council Bluffs, IA 9th Avenue? Share your experiences!