“Quality for $58” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
South Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Quality for $58”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Spent one night here on a trip to Denver, it wasn't the greatest hotel, but for $58 it was well worth the money and we got a very good night sleep. I would not have picked this hotel if I was going to be in the room for more than 12 hours, but for the 9 hours we were there it was well worth the money. The staff was very friendly, we checked in after midnight and the gal working the front desk was very cheerful.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for, if you want a cheap night's sleep pick this place.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brunswick, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

On my annual road trip west, I occasionally stay with Motel 6 - good value for the price. This property was upgraded by the then owners, Accor Hotels, and is in keeping with their properties - Mercure, Ibis, etc. - in Europe and elsewhere. Tastefully decorated, excellent bed, great shower. I hope that the new owners on Motel 6 will replicate this model in the rest of their motels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We are traveling accross the usa east to west, we've tried Super8s and no names. For it's price range (in this location anyway) Motel 6 has been the best one so far. The room was clean, the bed was clean and there were clean towels. A few complaints though: 1. You pay 3$ extra for a wifi password. If you are a couple with several devices, only one can be connected at once. 2. Our room had hard wood floors which was a welcome change to the carpets in other motels, BUT I think they had to replace the room's previous carpets because the room smelled like cat pee. 3. They do not have a AAA or CAA discount. 4. They charge extra for couples (about 10$ more). 5. There is no coffee machine or microwave. Overall however, it was pretty good. We even did our laundry here.

Room Tip: Check your rooms before paying people!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cody, Wyoming, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was my first visit to this Motel 6. I chose it after reading the positive reviews here. It was indeed a nicely renovated motel within a short drive of shopping, food and coffee. Wi-fi was $2.99 per night, which I didn't feel was unreasonable, especially since I got a 10% AARP discount on top of the $49.99 low price, and with a large dog in tow. My only negative observation was that there was a slight urine smell in a corner of the room, some hairs on the towels from the "dusting needed" cubbyhole where they are stowed and on the bottom sheet - almost as if it had not been changed. I would stay here again and see if these have been corrected (I left word on the comments card) before passing a firm thumbs-up or thumbs-down. Overall I was comfortable and felt safe here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This ia a very plain and basic motel, but I was very happy with the service. The room was very clean and the floor was laminate instead of carpet. I frequently travel with my dogs to training camps and dog shows. They do not have an extra fee for dogs and just require that you notify them when you make the reservation that you have pets.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I just did a trip over 17 nights throughout the US and stayed at a range of hotels and resorts. This was a quick overnight but I experienced the best Service of my entire trip here!
The Hotel is economy, but they have redone the rooms with kind of an Ikea theme, not too bad. They are priced typically for the area and chain, But the front end staff went out of their way to accomadate me and seemed truly concerned about serving you the best they can including the manager. Great Job.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Webster City, Iowa, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

If I would have read these reviews before I stated here, I wouldn't have stayed. Glad I didn't as I would have missed a fine Motel 6 experience.

They must have done a complete remodel. I found the room to be the exact opposite of what is described in the other reviews. It didn't even have carpet, it was a laminate floor which was very clean. The walls were freshly painted and the hall was freshly carpeted and freshly painted.

Maybe I stayed in the wrong place, but I think not. The front counter girl was very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Motel 6 Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!