“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 25 hotels in Council Bluffs
Victoria
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I just did a trip over 17 nights throughout the US and stayed at a range of hotels and resorts. This was a quick overnight but I experienced the best Service of my entire trip here!
The Hotel is economy, but they have redone the rooms with kind of an Ikea theme, not too bad. They are priced typically for the area and chain, But the front end staff went out of their way to accomadate me and seemed truly concerned about serving you the best they can including the manager. Great Job.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Webster City, Iowa, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

If I would have read these reviews before I stated here, I wouldn't have stayed. Glad I didn't as I would have missed a fine Motel 6 experience.

They must have done a complete remodel. I found the room to be the exact opposite of what is described in the other reviews. It didn't even have carpet, it was a laminate floor which was very clean. The walls were freshly painted and the hall was freshly carpeted and freshly painted.

Maybe I stayed in the wrong place, but I think not. The front counter girl was very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012
Fort Dodge, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Motel was pretty clean but no coffee pot in room, no kleenex and for $2.99 a day the internet sucked big time, kept kicking me offline and is slower then all get out. But then maybe i expect to much for the price.

Room Tip: Located close to shopping and resturants
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Abq,NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

My husband an I travel a lot and stay at a Motel 6 often, NEVER this one again!! I have never been treated so rudely by workers!!! We stayed an paid wkly up on checking-in I signed a paper stating I would receive towels & trash removal twice a wk & 1 full service wkly. The 1st wk no one knocked on my door for the 2 towel & trash service I had to chase them down and fuss for it, I also had to chase them down for the wkly service I was not on the list an this was day 6. The second wk I got towels a few days into the wk but again I had to chase them down. On the 6th day of wk 2 I went to the front desk and stated I wanted towel and trash service TODAY! A few mins later the font desk lady banged on my door with a hand written paper in her hand. She told me that I was only to have 1 towel service a wk. I told her that is not what I agreed too. She then told me again I only got 1 service a wk an she had an attitude. I told her that is not what I agreed to and she can lose her attitude. She then raised her voice told me that if I want respect to give respect! So I raised my voice and told her it is not that hard I want my 2nd service NOW!! She changed my towels and trash her self. I called the manager while she was still in my room and told him I agreed to two services a wk and 1 full service. Scott then stated that they changed the policy and it is now once a wk. I then told him as a customer that pays wkly I should have been informed of a policy change instead of getting attitude over it. I then told him what the girl told me about giving respect and having an attitude with me after a lil bit he said he would talk to her but he didn't sound like he cared. The next day I was gone back to my room and when I was down stairs I waved to the Lady manager and she just stared me down, when I got into the elevator she busted out laughing really loud, needless to say it didn't make me to happy. A few days before when the elevator was broken I stayed in the lobby and lady manager talked bad about workers and guest IN FRONT OF ME!!! So when she laughed like that of course it made me feel like she was talking bad about me!!! I would NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!! HORRIBLE TREATMENT AND SERVICE ALL THE WAY AROUND!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Good value and location BUT not a whole lot of grass for the dog to go wee wee. Friendly staff and helpful, no bell carts to haul your luggage but the front desk clerk let us use their laundry cart which was tremendously helpful because our room was on the 3rd floor (smking floor). The carpet in the room needs some serious deep cleaning including the ones in the hallways.
Our refrigerator did not work and the manager refused to switch a working refrigerator from another vacant room for us to use. We have medicine that needs to be refrigerated. They offered us to use their office Fridge to cool our meds.

Room Tip: Smoking room is on the 3rd floor so if you are hauling lots of bags and you smoke, be advised that t...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Clean and comfortable but two things niggled me - no free wifi and difficult approach. However it's good value and the staff are pleasant.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Fishing Creek, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed here during a long road trip. Long story short: the bed got me off the floor and out of my car. Didn't have anything stolen from the car, but had kind of a weird feeling about leaving anything in it so I brought EVERYTHING inside, which I would recommend. Not really a terrible area of town or anything (as far as I know), but just... the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Something was off.

The room wasn't that clean, and I'm absolutely not a stickler. I just hate stains in the bedsheets. The staff was not terribly friendly, but not unfriendly--did their job, as I would expect in a Motel 6. Not staying there to get Park Plaza level service.

All in all, I gave it a poor instead of an average rating because I left feeling slightly less than satisfied, giving what I paid, so I wasn't comfortable saying "it's all just fine." I stayed at a Motel 6 the night before too, and paid about $20 less for three times the quality. I HAVE seen worse--saw worse on my trip, in fact. However, if you want to be really close to an exit ramp in Council Bluffs, it's bearable for a night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!