“Nice but moldy bathroom” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Council Bluffs

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Council Bluffs to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Council Bluffs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 30th Avenue, I- 80 at Exit 3 Council Bluffs, Council Bluffs, IA 51501 (Formerly Council Bluffs Settle Inn)   |
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
“Nice but moldy bathroom”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We are just driving through so we didn't get to enjoy the whole hotel. I know it has a pool and it was pretty hopping at 10pm. There's a breakfast which we didn't make it to. The room was surprisingly nice- hardwood floors, nice accents, AC worked good, no smell!, bed was comfy enough, but the bathroom walls are covered in mold- and I washed it to make sure it came off and it did so it's not stained they just are not cleaning...it was gross. But other than that it was a good hotel. Also the maids were making tons of noise all morning around 730-845.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Killeen, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

A very nice and CLEAN hotel and they take dogs. If I had a complaint pillows a little hard and only one garbage can in the room But a very nice and clean place to stay with your family 2 and 4 legged Tons of places to eat and shop around this place too would stay again

Stayed August 2014
Council Bluffs, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was looking for something different to do for Valentine's Day a couple years ago and found out that the Settle Inn has several theme rooms. They were kind of expensive so I called to ask if I could look at a room before I booked it. They told me that I could stop by anytime to take a look. They gave me keys to several different theme rooms and let me go look at them on my own. I booked the mountain lodge room. All of the themed rooms are jacuzzi suites. My girlfriend and I had a nice romantic time at this hotel. This past Valentine's Day we stayed in the western themed room. The mountain lodge room is the best in my opinion, but they have several nice options. We did check out the pool area the last time we were there and had it to ourselves, which was nice.

The hallways smell like smoke and could use some remodeling and I have not stayed in a regular room, but I have had 2 very good experiences with the themed rooms. Staff was very nice and accommodating. It is also in a good location right off of I-80 and close to many good restaurants. My favorites are Pepper Jax and Pizza Ranch.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Beulah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We paid a good price and after one night the toilet keeps running and the sink is plugged so we can't use it. We called for help tonight and the front desk said they can't do anything about it. We won't come back......

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Room was clean and comfy, but the ac unit emitted an odd, musty smell when it was on. Pool/Spa area is cleaner than most. The internet is pretty slow, but useable. I didn't have much to do with the staff, but my husband said they were very friendly. We've stayed in several hotels in this area recently, and this is definitely the best one!

Room Tip: If you're a nonsmoker, definitely make sure they give you a nonsmoking room. We stayed in a smok...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Grand Island, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly!! We called at 9:00pm to stay that night. They turned the AC on for us so the room was nice and cool when we arrived. The rooms were clean and comfy. They also had a handicap lift for the pool. They let us park our motorcycles by the entrance as well as special parking just feet from the entrance they reserve for bikes. They had the best rate!! Believe me I called several places and none were as accommodating as the Settle Inn in Council Bluffs!!.

Room Tip: Our friends stayed on the upper level it had wood floors. She felt this made it feel cleaner!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Preston, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The room seemed to be clean at first. Then we found mold in the bathroom and were up at night itching and feeling thing jump on us.. Yuk!! Keys didn't work, had to keep getting them reprogramed. Front desk gave out keys to anyone who asked to get into anothers room. I didn't want anyone in my room without my permission. Staff was polite, but really didn't care! Security door key just didn't work at all. Had to put a piece of wood to block it open.

Room Tip: I believe there was not a good room to be had!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!