“Potential if.......” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Council Bluffs

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Council Bluffs to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Council Bluffs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 30th Avenue, I- 80 at Exit 3 Council Bluffs, Council Bluffs, IA 51501 (Formerly Council Bluffs Settle Inn)   |
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Kansas City, Missouri
“Potential if.......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel could have potential if they would modernize the rooms. The carpets were sticky, and stained. The bed was comfortable but they sit up so high that its hard to see the old tube TV. The toilet needs a gallon of bleach to get rid of the stains. The water in the toilet looks kind of yellowish/orange because of the stain.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Thief River Falls, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My friend and I were traveling and decided to stop for the night at the Settle Inn. We walked into our room and discovered it was perfect! A queen bed on one side of the room, in the middle of the room was the bathroom and a small kitchenette with a mini fridge and microwave and on the other side of the room was another queen bed. It was like a 2 bedroom hotel room! It was perfect for us! More hotels need to use this layout! The room was a bit dirty...there was some garbage and a washcloth behind the night stand. One other thing I'd like to note...we were in a non-smoking room, but when we walked in, there was a smell of smoke. The front desk assured us that it had never been a smoking room, but that someone must have previously smoked in there? Other than that, I would highly reccomend the Settle Inn. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast looked fantastic!

Room Tip: We were in room 407 and it was the best layout I've seen in a basic hotel room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

$95.15 was a little more than I wanted to pay for a hotel by myself, but the other options in the area were even higher, so all in all not bad. The staff at this hotel was very friendly and helpful. I had a decent night sleep and the room looked dark and old, but clean. LOVED the location!!! Almost every one of my favorite stores and restaurants could be found within a mile of this hotel, and the free breakfast that came with the room was the largest selection I have ever scene at a hotel. The had cold cereal, eggs, sausage (that actually tasted good), waffles, toast, french toast, pastries, multiple juice options, and more. I was impressed and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Loveland, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This 'Settle Inn" is a basic hotel with moderately comfortable beds that was moderately quiet. Pillows were of the puffy foam sort (not the most comfortable. TV was small (not digital quality). However, the stay here is a bit cheaper than some of the surrounding hotels. Decor is dated. If you just need a quick night's sleep just off I-80; you will find this hotel adequate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Orlando, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hotel looked much better from the outside. Staff is friendly and helpful.
The room I had was a suite with queen bed and sitting area wit refrigerator and microwave.

This room has 20-30 year old furniture. My bed was sunken in the middle and bed linens were old. Furniture was dusty between cushions.

A/C worked well.

Breakfast was poor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night. Loved that our two queen bed room had our beds in separate rooms. Room was clean and check in was easy. We didn't use the pool or eat breakfast here so I can not comment on these things but I was happy with what use we had of this property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

As an extensive traveler, I stay in a variety of accomodations all over the world. This hotel is my 3rd worst location I have ever stayed in. I am not picky - all I ask is for a room to be clean and have a bed I can sleep in. The room was filthy, dust around all corners of the walls, sink, bathroom, etc. The smoky smell kept me awake all night. I understand that the smell lingers after something used to be smoking, but this smelled like people were currently chain-smoking in every room. The price and location are good, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!