“Basic hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Loveland, Colorado
“Basic hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This 'Settle Inn" is a basic hotel with moderately comfortable beds that was moderately quiet. Pillows were of the puffy foam sort (not the most comfortable. TV was small (not digital quality). However, the stay here is a bit cheaper than some of the surrounding hotels. Decor is dated. If you just need a quick night's sleep just off I-80; you will find this hotel adequate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orlando, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hotel looked much better from the outside. Staff is friendly and helpful.
The room I had was a suite with queen bed and sitting area wit refrigerator and microwave.

This room has 20-30 year old furniture. My bed was sunken in the middle and bed linens were old. Furniture was dusty between cushions.

A/C worked well.

Breakfast was poor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night. Loved that our two queen bed room had our beds in separate rooms. Room was clean and check in was easy. We didn't use the pool or eat breakfast here so I can not comment on these things but I was happy with what use we had of this property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

As an extensive traveler, I stay in a variety of accomodations all over the world. This hotel is my 3rd worst location I have ever stayed in. I am not picky - all I ask is for a room to be clean and have a bed I can sleep in. The room was filthy, dust around all corners of the walls, sink, bathroom, etc. The smoky smell kept me awake all night. I understand that the smell lingers after something used to be smoking, but this smelled like people were currently chain-smoking in every room. The price and location are good, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Okemos, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at the Council Bluff Settle Inn in August 2012 on my way to Sioux Falls, SD. The motel is close to I-80. Had picked-up a discount motel book so the price for the room was very good. There were resteraunts near by. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My husband 3 children and I stayed at the settle inn last nite. Check in went well staff was friendly. However our room was located by door 3, At the far end of the building. The room was outdated, smelled of smoke, carpets were filthy and smelled horrible, very dusty, there was no thermostat in the room had to contact front desk to have the temp changed. A lot of noise from the highway and neighboring rooms. Sheets and bed actually smelled ok and laundered. The worst part for us was when we woke in the morning and had a window smashed out of our truck and some items stolen!!! We talked to the front desk about what had happened. They told us they only have Video coverage in their front parking lot. Sorry about our luck and suggested we park our vehicle up front. ( a little late for that I would think). Her behavior showed no surprise that this happened. We would never stay in this hotel again, we would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My Son and I stayed at your Hotel for 4 nights two weeks ago, I have to say that this is one of the best Hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was great, the room was clean and I love the seperation between the beds, the location was great. The continental breakfast was average(but I do not stay anywhere based on that). The only problem I had was getting inside the back doors, due to the card readers not working properly. Overall, I had an excellant stay, and when I go back to Council Bluffs next year this is where I will stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with mocrowave and fridge.