“The smokiest of non-smoking!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Council Bluffs

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Council Bluffs to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Council Bluffs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 30th Avenue, I- 80 at Exit 3 Council Bluffs, Council Bluffs, IA 51501 (Formerly Council Bluffs Settle Inn)   |
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Atlanta, Georgia
“The smokiest of non-smoking!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

As an extensive traveler, I stay in a variety of accomodations all over the world. This hotel is my 3rd worst location I have ever stayed in. I am not picky - all I ask is for a room to be clean and have a bed I can sleep in. The room was filthy, dust around all corners of the walls, sink, bathroom, etc. The smoky smell kept me awake all night. I understand that the smell lingers after something used to be smoking, but this smelled like people were currently chain-smoking in every room. The price and location are good, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Okemos, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at the Council Bluff Settle Inn in August 2012 on my way to Sioux Falls, SD. The motel is close to I-80. Had picked-up a discount motel book so the price for the room was very good. There were resteraunts near by. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My husband 3 children and I stayed at the settle inn last nite. Check in went well staff was friendly. However our room was located by door 3, At the far end of the building. The room was outdated, smelled of smoke, carpets were filthy and smelled horrible, very dusty, there was no thermostat in the room had to contact front desk to have the temp changed. A lot of noise from the highway and neighboring rooms. Sheets and bed actually smelled ok and laundered. The worst part for us was when we woke in the morning and had a window smashed out of our truck and some items stolen!!! We talked to the front desk about what had happened. They told us they only have Video coverage in their front parking lot. Sorry about our luck and suggested we park our vehicle up front. ( a little late for that I would think). Her behavior showed no surprise that this happened. We would never stay in this hotel again, we would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My Son and I stayed at your Hotel for 4 nights two weeks ago, I have to say that this is one of the best Hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was great, the room was clean and I love the seperation between the beds, the location was great. The continental breakfast was average(but I do not stay anywhere based on that). The only problem I had was getting inside the back doors, due to the card readers not working properly. Overall, I had an excellant stay, and when I go back to Council Bluffs next year this is where I will stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with mocrowave and fridge.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BEMIDJI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Was checked in by a super friendly gal. Room was nice super comfortable bed. Room was clean. Bathroom was small though Not somewhere I hang out for long periods of time haha. The wall was too close to the toilet and the tp was located so it was less comfortable. Not sure if all rooms are like that but mine was. Wifi was good and they offer upgraded wifi for a fee. Standard worked fine for me so I didn't look into using the upgraded one at all. Pool was small but clean was on the weekend so a lot of kids there as ro be expected. Breakfast was basic cereal, waffles etc. Nice tv in my room. Had a lot of restaurants in the area close to home depot, menards, Walmart, best buy and for those with kids there was a Toys R Us there as well.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Easy to find! As nice inside as outside! The suite themed rooms are AWESOME and you relax like never before! Will DEFINITELY stay here again!! I recommend this hotel to everyone! Being off I80 we NEVER heard the traffic or train, nothing!

• Stayed August 2012
Dubuque, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

As a 26 year road warrior, I have found many ways to shave some costs. The Settle Inn is in my travel coupon book. The hotel is located by a variety of restaurants and attractions. The Bass Pro shop is near. Movie theatre and light shopping. The hotel staff is ho hum. They check you inn and are courteous,,but quiet. The rooms are clean. The breakfast needs attention. A frozen omlet and precooked bacon to zap in the microwave. A waffle iron is nice.
The price brings me back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!