“Great hotel at a great price” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
“Great hotel at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton for the weekend for a mini vacation when I was looking for a room it was a little last minute but the price at the Hampton was way better than other hotels in the area. We got the jacuzzi sweet and were pleasantly surprised. the room also had a desk and a couch which were not listed in the description of the room when we were booking. The room was very clean but there were a few things that made the room seem dated that I noticed but it did not bother me. The black out shades in our room had holes in them and one of the lamp shades had holes in it as well and the tables and desk in the room looked really worn I just happened to notice but I did not care. Hotel had a walk way to the casino which you had to go through the holiday inn I would be Leary of getting a room near that walkway just because people would be walking through there all hours of the night. We enjoyed the pool and the breakfast in the mornings it was a perfect weekend break from real life without breaking the bank!!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cumming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great location, accessible to interstate. Good breakfast including an assortment of pastries, cereals, some hot food, fresh fruit. Plenty of well lit parking. Near casino and covered walkway to casino. twenty -four hour coffee, hot tea station. Small sore stocked with essentials and snacks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

When we first checked in I thought it was going to be a nice hotel with good service because the woman at the counter who checked us in was very friendly and seemed competent. However, things went downhill quickly. As I got into bed that night, I saw a blonde hair on our bedspread. We all have brown hair. The fitted sheets were put on inside out...makes me wonder if they were even washed or just turned inside out and put on the bed. Also, our son got sick all over the bed during the night so I called down and asked for a new set of bedding. She said she would send one up. I waited in our hallway for 40 minutes. My husband ended up going down to get a set and found the woman at the front desk asleep in a chair. She heard him and he told her the situation. She gave him a new set of sheets but no comforter and only one pillow because she said that's all they had available. I find that hard to believe. In the morning the dirty bedding was still sitting out in the hallway. Disgusting.

Breakfast quality was not very good and warm items were not kept refilled. Everything tasted cheap.

The second day we were there, we came back to the hotel in the afternoon after being at the zoo. Our keys wouldn't work in our room door and they said they had deactivated them because they thought we were checking out that day. My husband had used a work credit card to book one night and points he had accumulated for the second night because half of the weekend was for his work. When we checked in the "nice" woman at the front desk said she had transferred our information to the same room so we wouldn't have to switch rooms. So much for that.

The only plus was the view overlooking the river, which isn't that big of a deal. I would gladly give that up for cleanliness, a competent staff, and a better breakfast.

The places we went to eat nearby were all dirty and the food was terrible. Definitely wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I am always amazed by the hotel prices in Omaha. They are so high relative to the costs of everything else. I stayed here for one night. I was in town on business and had an early morning flight so the proximity to the airport was nice. The rooms were clean and typical Hampton Inn. The AC worked very well and the bed was extremely comfortable. I was right next to the elevator and ice machine but did not hear them at all so the sound proofing must be good. The front desk staff was friendly. I had a river view which was nice. I did note that there were signs in the parking lot that it floods in storms so you might want to park on the higher end of the lot or over by the Holiday Inn Express next day if there is a lot of rain in the forecast. They had a happy hour and breakfast, neither of which I was able to try since I had a late meeting and an early flight.
There are really no restaurants close by unless you want to eat at the casino. There were two chain places about a mile away- a Ruby Tuesday and a Quaker Steak Lube. Since there are a number of really good restaurants in Omaha and it is a short drive, I would recommend that but be aware if you are from a bigger city, they close down much earlier than I am used to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Juniata, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Really clean and friendly place to be :-) A little pricey but so worth it ! We even had a tub in our room so our son could swim and swim!! It was nice that they allowed us to have our child in a suite bc we tired at a different hotel and they refused to allow us all to stay in that type of room with a child so we left and went to the Hampton. we felt welcome not shunned bc we had a son who liked to swim...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Evansville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Council Bluffs, Iowa, on July 2 and 3, 2013. We were in town for a concert at a nearby venue. The hotel is beautiful and comfortable. The room was spacious and quiet, with very comfortable beds and linens, lots of accessible outlets, and temperature controls that really worked. It seemed odd at first to not have a microwave or refrigerator in the room, but it's possible that those items are available in other rooms and we ended up not needing them anyway. The room and entire hotel was very clean, the shower pressure was good, and the complementary toiletries top notch. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, with a lot of choices sure to please everyone.

I would definitely stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Irmo, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on 6/13 which was the beginning of the College World Series in Omaha. The hotel is actually in Iowa across the river from Omaha. There were lots of baseball fans there, but we were just travelling through the area. I reserved this room 6-8 months ago for approximately $200 for one night. I just happened to check on our way there on Kayak to see what the price was and it was $40 less. I called the hotel desk and told the clerk we found it for less on the internet and she reduced our rate to $88 for the night. I was pleased that I had called and asked. Let me just say that this is not a $200 hotel room. Thank goodness I didn't have to pay that.

The Hampton Inns I have stayed at previously were all updated and very nice. This one is old, outdated and has old furniture and that sleezy casino hotel feel. The room was clean though. It is attached to another hotel/casino. It has a couple restaurants. We ate down the road at the Texas Roadhouse and it was good. The hotel suited our purpose for one night, but I would not stay there again. The employees at the desk were initially friendly and then made me feel we were interrupting their personal time talking to each other. We went out back to see the Missouri River and ran into one smoking. At least it was out back. The river is apparently not an attraction. It is pretty and I took a couple pictures of the sunset back there. They should fix up this area and promote it. The front desk and breakfast area are okay and have been updated. I did not get the normal 'warm and fuzzy' feeling from this Hampton Inn.

The parking lot is large and easily accomodated our pop up camper even at a very busy time of year.

Room Tip: We had a view of the parking lot. If you want a river view ask for it.