“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We loved the fact that you could walk (inside) over to the casino and restaurants next door. They also have a free shuttle to other places to visit/eat. Breakfast area was nice and rooms were great. No complaints at all about this spot and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Bill V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Council Bluffs, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear KatyR,

Thank you for spending your time in the area with us! I am very happy to hear that we were everything you needed us to be. I appreciate you sharing with everyone on TripAdvisor some of our most unique features such as the indoor connection to Ameristar Casino as well as the complimentary shuttle that goes anywhere within 5 miles 24-hours a day. It means a great deal to us when someone has such a positive experience during their time here with us and I would love to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Bill Vanderpool

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hotel was under going renovations. The pool/spa environment was clean and well stocked with towels however, the environment was boring and drab, with its all Baby Blue painted walls and large plant in the far corner. No resturant available so walked over to the Ameristar Casino for lunch/dinner.
The comfortable bed was a plus, as it was Heavenly for a great nights rest. Room & bed linens were very clean.
Next time will stay again, in Bellevue, NE Hampton Inn where it has a more modern feel and no renovations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Council Bluffs, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear KCMOtraveldiva,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time in the area with us. We truly appreciate your business. I am very sorry for the inconveinence that our renovations have caused for you. I understand that it can be a difficult time when a hotel is remodeling. I am happy to report that the renovations are close to complete and we will have made many improvements to our public areas. I also wanted to take the time to thank you for showcasing the comfort of our beds and our cleanliness. Our housekeeping service is an area we take great pride in and I am happy that we have done well for you. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Waterloo, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Friendly staff and convenient location. I only chose this hotel because of the HHonors points. But I'd rather pay an extra $20 and get a better hotel. The construction next door made the furniture in the room vibrate, and we were on the 4th floor! Couldn't rest in the afternoon after a day of business and the construction workers were again at it at 7:30am. Not the hotel's fault, but they should have a notice on their website that this is occurring so that people can make informed decisions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bill V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Council Bluffs, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear LisaJSM,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in town on business. I appreciate your feedback about your experience while you were here with us. I am very sorry for the construction noise as well as the noise from your neighboring room. We always want to be able to provide our guests with a comfortable and relaxing experience and I regret that this did not occur during your time here with us. I have taken your feedback to heart and will ensure that the proper alerts are made when construction is occurring in our area. I also wanted to take the time to thank you for your kind words regarding the friendliness of our staff. This is an area that we work very hard on and I appreciate you letting us know that we have done a good job in this regard. Thank you for your review and I hope you will continue to choose Hilton Hotels in your future travels!

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Council Bluffs last Saturday and Sunday night for a sporting event we were seeing in Omaha. The hotel lobby is being renovated. This hotel is connected to the Holiday Inn and the Ameristar Casino.

Pros: Good location near downtown, reasonable price, room seemed mostly clean
Cons: Breakfast situation (see below), dirty carpets (especially hallways), and poor temperature control in room

The detail on my complaints are below.

Breakfast:
The breakfast is served next door in the Holiday Inn. Sunday morning there was a line snaked out into the Holiday Inn lobby to get breakfast. As you are standing in line, the people who have eaten had to cut in because of where the garbage was placed. There were no table available to sit at - which is just as well since there were guests with small children running around, climbing their table in bare feet. Eew. Anyway, we took our food back to the Hampton Inn's eating area. I poured myself a cup of tea that ended up tasting like coffee. Someone had put hot water into a coffee pot without cleaning it. Yuck.

Hallways:
I can understand that the lobby is being worked on. However, even on the upper floors where there was no evidence of construction, the hallway carpets were not vacuumed either day we were there. Plus even in the room the corners and edges are all grimy and dusty looking with bits of lint.

Temperature:
In the room you control your heat with a unit under the window. I put ours on heat on all the lowest settings when we went to bed. I woke up a few hours later sweltering. It just kept cranking out heat. So, you have a choice of all on or all off. I turned it off and it was cold again when we woke up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Council Bluffs, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear chicagotravelgirl,

Thank you for choosing to spend your weekend with us. We truly appreciate your business. I appreciate you taking the opportunity to provide us with valuable feedback. I am very sorry to hear that this stay was a disappointing one for you. Our lobby renovation has been a difficult process which should be completed very soon. I have spoken with my department heads in maintenance and housekeeping to ensure that your concerns regarding the public areas as well as the thermostat in your room are addressed immediately. These are never the experiences we want our guests to have with us and I assure you they are not the normal experiences of our guests. We always take every opportunity possible to act on our guest feedback as this is the only way we can improve our services for everyone in the future. I appreciate your honesty in your review about the things that went well as well as the things we can do better. If you are in the area again I would love to have you return to us so we can provide you a better stay and show you how much we truly care about our guests.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Ended up at this hotel after finding all the rooms were booked at The Ameri-Star.

Rooms were very clean. Of course with Hamptons, the beds were very comfortable.

All in all, good experience. Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
Bill V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Council Bluffs, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Michael J,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time in town with us. I am very happy to hear how well we are representing the Hampton Brand. Cleanliness and comfort are two things that we work very hard on and it's great to hear that we have done well in those areas. I will make sure to let our housekeeping department know they did a great job for you. Thank you very much for your review of us and we would love to have you back during your next trip to the area.

Council Bluffs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We appreciated the cleanliness, the look of the room. Bathroom.....
We liked the location since we went to the casino for awhile. Best, almost everything. Worst, no vending machines. Only because everything was closed by the time we went to our room. Minor detail

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bill V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Council Bluffs, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Jeanne S,

Thank you for choosing to spend the evening with us. Your charactarizing our best attributes as almost everything really means a lot to my staff and I. It says quite a bit about how much you enjoyed your time here with us. Our cleanliness is something that we work very hard on and I will pass on our housekeepers how they did an outstanding job for you. Early in 2013 we will also be opening a 24-hour Suite Shop that will offer anything you might need at any time of the day or night. I would love to have you back next time you are looking for a hotel in the area and we can see if we can make your next visit better than your last!

Bill Vanderpool

Been to Hampton Inn Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!