“Not so great this time.” 3 of 5 stars

AmericInn Council Bluffs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Woodbury Ave, Council Bluffs, IA 51503   |
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Mount Horeb
“Not so great this time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The check-in was great! We had a dog with us. She was very friendly and accommodating getting us close to the side door. General room was comfortable and breakfast was nice. No hot tub though, I was bummed. Room 102, heater fan noise, LOUD! Broken night of sleep. Bad fan, I think. Not much interest by check-out staff, different girl, just "Ok. I'll tell maintenance." Like I was making it up. I did not receive any reassuring perks or "I'm sorry about that. Here's what we can do..." Nothing, a bit disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Janet_D_11982, General Manager at AmericInn Council Bluffs, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences at Americinn Council bluffs hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our associates have been trained to address and resolve any situation that does not meet our high standards.

When problems or issues are reported during the stay, we make sure that a fix is provided right away. However, it is hard to fix problems when they are addressed after a guest stay. The sooner we are notified the faster we can address and find resolutions.

As you have stated, we have done well for you in the past and so all we ask is to please give us another chance when you are back in town so we may make this right for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Des Moines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed in room 203 which overlooks the parking lot (I like this because regardless of where we are I like being able to keep an eye on the vehicle.) We opted for a room with a king and the bed was nice and comfortable. The room itself was very clean, no bugs. Looks like the hotel has undergone a facelift in the past couple of years and the room didn't have the typical motel look to it. The walls were a nice sea green with green and brown carpet. The bedding was a chocolate brown which went with the furniture as well. The pictures were leaves in greens, reds as well as brown. All of the bathroom fixtures had been replaced with I think the exception of the tile around the tub. However, that tile was very clean. The front desk was helpful and nice as well. I'm giving this hotel an average rating because the hallways were pretty dirty, the carpet there had lots of stains, and the walls were scuffed as well. This surprises me because the room itself was great. The hotel use to be a Heartland Inn so does not have the typical AmericInn look. We didn't have breakfast because a tour bus was there as well so the breakfast area was packed. This is the first AmericInn that I have been a little disappointed in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your compliments. I am glad that you noticed that we have renovated our rooms and public areas.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I have shared your kind words with the entire Amricinn Council Bluffs, Iowa team and I am sure you would agree that such feedback enables us to encourage each and every associate to always ‘go that extra mile’ in order to ensure that all guests enjoy the true ‘Americinn ” experience.

I apologize that our hallways did not impress you and you did not get to enjoy a hearty American Council Bluffs breakfast. I have addressed those issues with our housekeeping leadership and team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Council Bluffs soon and hope this time you would make some time to enjoy Americinn Council Bluffs special breakfast that features fresh baked waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, pastries, Variety of Oatmeal, Yogurt, White & Wheat Toast and much more…
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Rooms were damp dark and stained. When we got in it was late and we just plopped right down and went to bed. When we woke up my body was covered in bedbug bites. i took pictures and talked to the front desk. The staff was very helpful and apologetic and i thought well hote lwas disgusting but maybe this will be resolved. THen the manager got involved, She was an awful snarly woman who didnt believe my complaint even with the pictures to prove i was bitten. They fought and fought to not even refund the room called me a liar and said i got them somewhere else and tried to blame them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Janet_D_11982, Owner at AmericInn Council Bluffs, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for the feedback. I apologize for the lack of empathy and appreciate your prompt notification of the problem. Our pride has been that we strive to go beyond our guest's expectations and clearly we did not fulfill that in this situation.

As you know bedbugs travel from place to place. We were fortunate enough not to have this problem until now but I guess it was bound to happen with so many guests using our rooms on daily basis.

Upon learning this issue, we immediately contacted our pest control company and followed the brand protocol. Our pest company blocked that room and a couple others to make sure this problem is contained and does not spread to any other area of the hotel.

We are happy to report that not only this issue has been resolved but we have also re-trained our housekeeping department and we will continue to diligently check our rooms for this and any other possible issues.

We hope to be of service to you in the future. If I can provide any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Nicky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here after a long drive. Checked in and approx. 20-30 mins. later checked out. Both bedspreads were horribly stained, dirty towels in bathroom. Requested refund from front desk but had to wait for manager to get there to get it. Fully refunded but manager didn't seem really too concerned of our complaints. Desk clerk was very apologetic. Never stopping here again!

• Stayed May 2013
Janet_D_11982, Owner at AmericInn Council Bluffs, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for your review of our Americinn Council Bluffs, Iowa hotel. Our goal at Americinn is to provide excellent service and creating an exceptional experience for our guests.

In reading your comments, I am sorry to hear that we have fallen a bit short from that goal during your stay with us. Our staff is always willing and ready to assist in any need that you may have and I am glad that your money was refunded to you before your departure.

I am sorry that you did not call the front desk during your stay, we would have immediately addressed your concerns and corrected the issues right away.

You may have noticed from comments by other guests who have stayed at Americinn Council Bluffs, Iowa that our housekeeping team members are extremely good at cleaning those rooms.

Your comments are important so we have reviewed this isolated incident with our Housekeeping Department and retrained and improved our inspection process so guests in the future will never experience this or similar situation.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly

Nicky
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here before and were happy with it so returned again on this years vacation.
I booked online and was very specific that we want an upstairs room. When we got there , the gal tried to put us downstairs and seemed a little peeved that we wanted upstairs plus my hubby asked for a room with a view of the parking lot. So he could try out the new binoculars he bought at Cabelas. The other rooms have a view of a rock wall ....So she gives us a room with a lovely view of the canopy over the front entrance...boy my hubby was pi**ed off...the computer desk chair was broken and sank way down so there was nowhere to sit but on the bed with my computer which was very uncomfortable.But on the plus side they did give us a nice government discount and the room was comfy and clean tho a bit small. There is a mall nearby and places to eat. Breakfast was A+ + +...

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jasper Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Other reviews of this hotel were positive, so I didn't expect any problems. Our room was very damp and humid. When I complainted to the desk, the answer was that it was very humid outside. I think the air conditioner was defective. My daughter was working on homework and her papers actually felt wet. Also, the housekeeping staff seemed inadequate. Rooms still being cleaned when we returned to hotel between 4 & 5 pm. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very reasonably priced for what we got; 2 queen beds, a large TV, indoor pool, and a large breakfast. The breakfast includes waffles, sausage, eggs, and the usual carbohydrates all hotels with breakfasts offer.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to AmericInn Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!