“Clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Very clean and comfortable room. HDTV with HD channels. Hot water in the shower even during peak usage times. Easy access to casino floor. Great restaurants. Very nice and accommodating staff. Free valet parking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

If you stay at Ameristar Casino hotel in Council Bluffs, Iowa you better love the aroma of cigarette smoke and you better not have any lung problems. The entire hotel is rampant with the smell. The hotel is non-smoking, so says the front desk, but the Casino is not and the smell is everywhere. I can't understand why they have smoking and non-smoking rooms because mine was non and after 3 nights I felt as though I had just smoked a carton of cigarettes.
You would think with all the money they get at the casino they could afford a much better air filtration system. I'm generally not bothered by a little smoke but this was over the top. When I got home and opened my bags my son asked me if I started smoking again because my clothes reeked of smoke.
The hotel was clean, staff courteous. Good food. The buffet is wonderful. Bella's is nice for breakfast. Amerisports Bar was a sportsbar, with the normal sportsbar fare. Bourbons is a steakhouse with over the top prices in my opinion. We went over to Omaha for our steak dinner.
We didn't use room service because the prices were outrageous as usual for room service and then you have to add $2.00 per order and on top of that you are charged an automatic 18% gratuity and you are still expected to tip the guy or gal that bring you your meal.
We stayed in a room with a King bed and a jacuzzi tub. My last stay was in one of the Octogon suites. This was my third stay at Ameristar in Council Blufffs. It will be my last.
Try the adjoining Holiday in for what I would hope is much fresher air. It does have a closed walkway to the casino.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We do our best to accommodate all of our guests, both smoking and non-smoking. We continue to invest in improvements to our air quality system. A current project is expanding our ability to bring in and condition fresh air for our casino floor. We have also partnered with an outside engineering firm to assist us in providing the best quality of air for our guests and our team members. As we continue to monitor the air quality and explore new technologies, we do value our guests' feedback. Hope you do reconsider and visit us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

It is casino hotel, but very quiet and clean.
We stayed on third level, any noise from casino bothered us.
After long time on the road, we were happy to settle in at amerstar hotel.
Room was bigger than I expected and beds were comfortable.
Hotel is not easy to find due to all the construction around the hotel.
It is worth a little trouble. Recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Higher lever to stay away from casino noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thanks for your recommendation and for staying with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your feedback.
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in. The linens on the bed even smelled clean. Staff was very efficient. Was a little confusing getting from the garage to the hotel part of the property. Three restaurants to eat at on the property. Bkfst. not included but we answered a survey when we ate at Bourbons & got not only a free dessert but also a coupon for $5 off our breakfast at Bella's. Both restaurants had very good food & service. We only stayed 1 nite while on the road - had a nice size king room. Could hear our neighbors' TV in the hall, but not in our room. Did not use the casino. The only drawback I saw in the whole property was that there were no grab bars in the combination tub-shower-- this might be a problem for some folks. I would definitely recommend this hotel for its cleanliness & staff efficiency.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thanks so much for your recommendation and for visiting us! I’m glad you had a nice stay. Our handicap accessible rooms do have grab bars and seats in the shower/tubs. If guests are staying in standard rooms, we have portable shower seats available upon request.
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Casino has everything but live poker so I cannot give it more than 3 stars. They have an awesome Friday bufett with all you can eat crab legs and prime rib. The party scene is only on Fridays and Saturdays in the sports bar and quite mild. Binions, which is less than a mile away has a much better party scene. Otherwise, the rooms are very nice. They have a nice little workhouse center along with a pool and spa.

Room Tip: Try and pick a room with a view of downtown Omaha and the river.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thanks for visiting, Michael. Our crab leg buffet is very popular. We do offer free live music at Amerisports on Fridays and Saturdays, if that interests you. Thanks for your feedback!
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I flew in from Atlanta, and stayed at the Ameristar Hotel, again, /thanks to my rewards card, I use it all the time, and get great perks, however, I had an excellent time, and like I said in a previous review, this hotel is not one of ..but 'the' cleanest hotel I have ever had accommodations to, even though my reservations were booked in advance, things do come up, my room was not quite ready when I arrived, but the staff made sure that I was offered another room right then, and I did not have to wait, and they were very apologetic as well, great customer service and courtesy goes a long way.

I love the room with the Jacuzzi, so i always get that, room service was magnificent, they even called me later to see if I enjoyed my meal, I went down to the casino and chilled, it was great!, I would have stayed a few more days, only I had a flight to Dallas that next morning,Nebraska is my hometown, so whenever I am there, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: It's always best to book your room in advance, if you possibly can,I do not think the location m...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I'm glad you had another great visit, Tray! Thank you for sharing your review and for being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in town.
Papillion, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed on a Wednesday night and were celebrating our 30th anniversary and my husband's birthday and we had such a great time. We had a spectacular view of downtown Omaha and delighted in delicious food at the buffet and had fun at the casino. It was a one stop getaway and was so much fun!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Happy anniversary and birthday to your husband! Thanks for choosing to celebrate with us.

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!