“very good time!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Greeley, Colorado
“very good time!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a cool place to visit. Gambling on the river boat is fun. The hotel is nice. The food is great. The service is not so good. the service is very slow. I will for sure go back because over all it was a good time. the rooms are a little small. we had a wonderful view of the riverboat from our room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thanks for posting about your experience. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We value your feedback and I'll pass it along to our team members. Thank you for visiting!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sterling, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We often stay at Ameristar and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. Pillows are great, We enjoy gambling at the casino and the staff is always pleasant. Would definitely recommend staying at Ameristar!

Room Tip: We have stayed in a variety of rooms and ALL of them are great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks for your recommendation and for being our guest! We're glad you always enjoy your visits.
Lenox, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

It is a great place to stay and play. I can honestly say I have never won anything big but I at least have got to play for hours on what I do spend. The employees have always treated me like everyone else, no matter what you spend. If you cannot find something you like to play then you shouldn't be gambling, they have everything you could want. The food here is also great. They always have a good spread at the buffet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
It's great to hear you enjoy staying, playing and dining with us! We really appreciate your feedback and thank you so much for being our guest.
Council Bluffs, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

On the shore of the Missouri River, the octagon suites are great. ( I think you need to book these rooms through a casino host) Perfect for a couple's special occasion. Offering 2 rooms with a fireplace, large hot tub, comfortable bed, and great views.

Room Tip: The normal hot tub rooms are very noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
White Lake, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I really liked this hotel as soon as you walk in you can see how great it looks inside with a few shops and a bar as well as the casino. The pool is wonderful as well, it is both inside and outside and the temperature is perfect not too hot and not too cold. It's only 3 ft deep but we still enjoyed it very much. there is also a hot tub to relax in as well. The room was great it was quiet and I was not woken by the noise of the bar which after reading some reviews about that before staying here I worried about. Overall a wonderful night to stay and would for the price it's worth it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I'm glad you had a nice stay, Sandy, and enjoyed our pool area. Thank you for sharing your review and for visiting!
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

If you go to the casino, be ready for massive smoke. It was oppressive- So, I stayed clear.

Beyond that, the rooms were nice and well- equipped. The staff was friendly and the parking was free!

Not sure I will return because of the smoke though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I apologize for any inconvenience. We really appreciate your feedback and are currently working on additional enhancements to our air quality system that will reduce the presence of smoke in the casino. Thank you for sharing your review and for being our guest. We do hope to see you again.
Columbus, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have stayed at Ameristar a couple of years ago and when we arrived they only had 1 room booked out of 2 . We all ended up staying in one room and my husband and I slept on a roll away bed. I had a horrible time and vowed never to go back. Well for our anniversary this year I wanted to take a couple days off and come to Omaha for some fun. My husband wanted to try Ameristar again so I reluctantly agreed. Well bad mistake once again. My husband and I arrived at Ameristar at check in time (3:15) and we were told our room wasn't available. My husband and I waited for 2 hours until our room was ready and did not check in until after 5pm. I called around 4:30 and talked to customer service wanting a comp for the buffet since we had to wait for 2 long hours and this is what the gal said to me, " We don't promise to have your rooms ready on time. We have a lot of room to clean. We do not give "comps" for waiting so there is nothing I can do." Well guess what: Hampton, Marriot, Embassy Suites, and every other hotel I stay in has the rooms ready on time and they do guarantee that. I will never stay at the Ameristar again. We have brought $500.00 to gamble with but I will not spend another penny here. We are going to go gamble at Harrah's. Do yourselves a favor and go somewhere that will have your room complete on time so you don't have to wait.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so sorry to hear this and for any inconvenience you experienced. We want all of our guests to have a comfortable stay each time they visit and experience quality guest service. We'd definitely like to follow up with you and personally apologize. Please feel free to send your contact information and details of your stay to AtYourServiceCB@ameristar.com and we'd be more than happy to get in touch with you. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you reconsider and continue to be our guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Council Bluffs
4.0 of 5 stars 240 reviews
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Council Bluffs
Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!