“A Great Choice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“A Great Choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We landed upon this hotel as we were traveling from Ohio to Colorado. The Des Moines area was way too crowded so we kept going. After a long day of travel, this hotel was a delight to find. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious. We had a great night's sleep! I would have given it 5 starts except for the fact that they really played up their adjustable beds which turned out to not adjust at all! I wouldn't hesitate to come back to this hotel again. We didn't have time to use it but they had a great looking fitness room and a pool as well as a casino attached to the building.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Kathy K,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to reach out and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was glad to learn you enjoyed our accomodations. I was also happy to learn that the staff was friendly and helpful.

If you stop again, hopefully you will have time to try out the fitness center. We have some NEW fun equipment like a Spin bike and rowing machine.

Again thank you so much. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lincoln, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had a group of friends staying the night and the accommodations were wonderful!! Staff was helpful and friendly, very clean room, and very close to places we needed to go. Free shuttle to our event was awesome!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Susan D,

I was glad to learn you enjoyed our accomodations and free shuttle. I was also happy to learn that the staff was friendly and helpful.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We did not eat at the cafe or use the pool. The grounds, hallways and rooms were very clean. The maid staff was very friendly and did a great job. We stayed in a king whirlpool room. The room was very nice, but I would not pay for the whirlpool in the room again. It did not have a faucet and was filled through the jets. Very hard to regulate the temperature and took a half an hour to fill. Ridiculous. When checking in I did not see a small sign about the beds. The staff should point it out to everyone.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear pugdogz,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to also thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to know you found the hotel clean and staff very friendly. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

The room was very clean, comfortable and with a useful amount of furniture and drawers, etc.
The bathroom was very clean as well, good water pressure and looked new and well maintained.

Overall the hotel was great, the location was convenient for us, and their lobby is very nice.

The elevators are a little slow but not enough to be a problem.

Will stay here again if our travels bring us back.

You can't go wrong with this property.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear nessa_v10,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our property. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. I am glad to know you found your room clean and comfortable.

So glad to hear you will be back next time you are in the area.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

What a treat! I normally prefer 4 star hotels but was just staying 2 nites to go to the zoo In Omaha and this was nearby. We loved it! Staff was very nice, had a wonderful breakfast buffet for only $10 per person, pool & hot tub stayed open until 11pm, and had a nice little fitness center. We checked in on a Wednesday which is when they have guest appreciation night offering free fresh fruit and 2 hot appetizers, 2 free drinks each, and even free chair massages. It was fantastic! In addition to having a fridge, microwave, and Keurig coffee maker in room, they still provide a beautiful drink station in the lobby with free coffee, teas, hot chocolate, ice water and we also were treated to warm oatmeal cookie bars in the afternoon. The hotel is connected by walkway to a Harrah's Horseshoe Casino which has 3 great restaurants and there is a Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World across the hotel parking lot. When it was time to go to the zoo, they had a free shuttle to take us and pick us up so we didn't have to deal with parking at the zoo. Clean comfortable spacious room with adjustable firmness beds. Check-in and out were easy and quick. It was a great stay, could not have asked for more. We will definitely go back and recommend this hotel to others!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Laura H,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor.

Thank you so much for the excellent rating and wonderful comments.I am glad to know you were able to enjoy our complimentary shuttle and wonderful breakfast buffet. Those oatmeal bars are very delicious and I was happy to know you and your family enjoyed them.

Once more thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We were woke up a little after midnight by the fire alarm going off for 5-7 minutes. By the time I realized what it was and got my kids up, it went off. We exited anyway down the stairs and outside to the front lobby. No one else was outside except for a couple other people. We went inside and the woman behind the desk said "sorry, false alarm. Guess you needed to wake up at midnight". I wasn't humored by this as I was awaken out of a dead sleep with 2 kids to worry about. I know things happen but I would expect a better response and process from a Hilton brand hotel. Very disappointed and exhausted.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear JMD1128,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I sincerely apologize for the false alarm during your visit with us. Please know that I will visit with our staff members about your experience.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Drive by, don't stay. The beds didn't have mattress pads and the dial on the beds didn't work. There wasn't a free breakfast either. The workers at the front desk were complaining and arguing with each other when we checked in. All I can say is drive by and find another place to stay. We were told that we wouldn't be charged for our rooms because of their 100% satisfaction policy, but when I checked my credit card bill we were definitely charged.I have called them them three times and have had no results regarding this issue. I had to call my credit card company and file a dispute claim. Drive by, don't stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear JoAnn K,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I apologize for the issues you experienced. Please know that I will review your experience with our housekeeping staff to ensure these issues are addressed immediately.

In regards to the free breakfast, we are actually an upscale hotel that offers a restaurant that serves a full cooked to order breakfast. We are much different from our limited service counterparts such as Hampton Inn or Homewood. Our breakfast includes a full cooked-to-order hot buffet, featuring omelettes, eggs any style, french toast, pancakes, waflles, just to name a few items. Our buffet also features oatmeal, pastries, breads, bagels, juices, cereals and freshly cut fruit.

I would be more than happy to take a phone call from you. Please feel free to give me a call at your convenience. I can be reach at 712.309.9000.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!