“Driving through” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25% Off
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
“Driving through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The room was very nice and we were surprised we ended up in the casino area. Had a nice dinner and gambled for an hour leaving with some extra cash. The breakfast was ok there wasn't much fresh fruit and the meat and potatoes were cold. The room was nice and clean and no noise. Parking lot was pretty full but we managed to find a spot after waiting for someone to leave.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Nicki F,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to reach out and also thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on TripAdvisor.

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay. I was glad to hear that you found your room clean and quiet.

Again thank you so much and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I've stayed in the newest version of Hilton Garden Inn and really like the newest version. This is not the newest version but it is very good nonetheless.

I've stayed at so many of these Hilton Garden Inns now - I like them. They're very good. The staff at this property couldn't be any more delightful - they're very pleasant and hospitable.

The location has its plusses and minuses. It is attached to the casino. Ruby Tuesday and other things are nearby but you can't really walk to anything beyond the attached casino - you need to drive and parking can be a bit of a pain - not a big deal but not as convenient as your typical stand alone Hilton Garden Inn. It isn't the world's most convenient interchange - it is somewhat congested and there was some construction going on at the time I was there. It isn't immediately apparent how to find the hotel from the interstate so it is helpful to have GPS or somebody navigating.

The rates are very competitive. The hotel offers a courtesy airport shuttle - that's real value.

I'd say my biggest complaint is probably the parking and that really isn't a big issue.

No complaints.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear MoreFFMiles,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to reach out and also thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on Trip Advisor. I was happy to hear that you found our staff very delightful and pleasant. I apologize for our parking situation. This is an area that we continue work to improve. Again thank you for your time. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
Superior, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I found this hotel to be very clean and the staff very helpful. Every time I have stayed at this establishment, the staff has been most helpful and the rooms are always clean! I have never had a problem while staying here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Susan R,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I am so glad to hear of your wonderful experiences you have had at our hotel. If you should ever need anything during your stays please don't hesitate to contact me.

Again thank you so much for your continued business.
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We are always treated well at this location. The staff is excellent and we've been able to take advantage of a special program giving us great rates. We understand the offer has been discontinued ... unfortunately ... and since we will no longer be able to get the good rate, we may not be able to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Nebraska Queen,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete a survey about your stay on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your comments about your stay. I am glad your stays have been enjoyable. I apologize that we discontinued one of the programs, but unfortunately we just didn't have the demand to keep the program going.

Again thank you for your time and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for a project meeting in Omaha. This is easy to get to from the airport and just as easy to return to the airport. Room was very nicely appointed and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and professional. A very nice managed HGI.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hortkie,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to also thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on TripAdvisor. I truly apprecaite your comments and your feedback about our hotel.

I am glad to hear that you found our hotel easy to access to and from the airport. Glad to hear the staff was friendly and accomodating.

Thank you again and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I spent a couple of nights here while visiting the area on business. Upon arriving, I was greeted by the manager, who introduced me to everyone at the reception desk. My room was spacious, comfortable and well appointed, with two televisions, a refrigerator and microwave. Everything was spotless. I found the mattress especially comfortable, which is unusual for me when traveling. I later learned that this hotel uses mattresses with adjustable firmness. How cool is that?

The lobby, dining area, pool and fitness center were clean and in good working area. The restaurant serves a great breakfast, with a variety of good things to choose from. My only minor complaint was the business center, which was uncomfortably warm, and had only one of the two computers working. Nevertheless, I have the overall impression that the owner and staff care about their guests, and strive to make everything run smoothly.

The location is pretty good, too. There is a Bass Pro Shops next door, with several other shopping and dining options within walking distance. It's near two interstates, for quick access from nearly anywhere. And, if you're into the gambling thing, there's a casino adjoining the hotel.

I normally do a good, nitpicks, bad comparison in my reviews. But this stay was pretty much all good. If I'm ever in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area again, I'll be staying right here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear the_tool_man,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to also thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments.

I was happy to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed the beds. I apologize for the business center computers. We are in the process of ordering a whole new computer system and should receive within the next few weeks. I will address the temperature of the room with our maintenance staff to get addressed.

Again thank you so much for your time and your feedback. I'm happy to know that you will choose to stay with us again if you are ever in the area.
Lincoln, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Beds are very hard and cannot be adjusted despite an adjustment valve on the top corner of the bed. We also had a gift voucher to use that we received as a gift. The process of using this was made very difficult by a manager who had to approve its use but would never return our calls in order to approve its use. It took a week to get in touch with the manager.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Trevor S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to also thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

Please know that I will review your comments with our managment staff and maintenance staff to ensure these issues are corrected.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!