“Quick Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 hotels in Council Bluffs
Wilsonville, United States
“Quick Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We made a quick trip to Council Bluffs for a night at the Horseshoe Casino. This hotel is connected right to it so I could go back to the room when I was done, but my husband could stay and play as long as he wanted! The room was VERY quiet, we stayed in a King suite which had a small "living room" area in the front and the bedroom area away from the hallway. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Peggy R,

I was glad to hear this was a nice getaway for you and your husband. I am glad you were able to both enjoy the room and casino. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff members. Again thank you so much and I hope you will continue to stay with us on your next adventure to the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Springfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Even though this hotel is attached to a casino, the rooms were very quiet. I couldn't even hear the showers in the next room and only occasionally heard doors opening & closing. The downside is that they do not have a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Joellyn S,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Eas/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on Trip Advisor. I was very delighted to hear about your wonderful experience at our hotel. I appreciate you comments. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff members. Again thank you so much and I hope you will continue to stay with us on your next adventure to the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have stayed in most of the hotels in this area and this one is the one I return to again and again. My room was clean and quiet. Water in the lobby as was coffee. People all smiled, it has an indoor pool and a gym. It also has a direct inside connection to the Horseshoe Casino next door. Their restaurants are all good and the action is typical "casino".

Beds were comfortable, and amenities were all appreciated and we look forward to our next trip.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Request a room on the second or third floor....ground floor rooms....I dont like them.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear NYCShopper,

Council Bluffs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel goes over the top to make you feel welcome and they did it again! Great staff, room, bed comfort and breakfast was outstanding. Enjoyed my short stay I'll return on my next trip to Omaha area!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Leonard L,

Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had a family wedding in Glenwood IA. This property was one of the closest to the remote wedding location. All of the associates were warm, friendly, and offered a cheerful "hello" upon our contact. Too bad I lost so much money at the Horseshoe Casino which was adjacent to the HGI.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Terri S,

Wakefield, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with many wonderful amenities. We have stayed at several Garden Inns over the years and even though they are all very nice, this one is TOPS! Stay here and I guarantee, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Denise S,

Littleton, Co
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Checked in and the room was hot. Desk said turn down the a/c. I did, returned two hours later - hotter. Moved to new room. Television did not work. You can see where this is going. Not well.
Since I got the room from the Horseshoe Casino, they could not stop the billing after check in.
Horseshoe said I needed to talk with Hotel front desk. Guess what happened. I left. I notified credit card company of problem and refusal to pay. Notified Harrah's that I would not be visiting them again as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear jroflittleton,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to also thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on trip advisor. I was disappointed after learning about your experience and I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused you. Please know that I will review your comments with our maintenance staff so we can ensure the items in the rooms are corrected immediately. Again I apologize, I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!