“Good for business, not so much for little kids” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25% Off
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
MO
“Good for business, not so much for little kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Traveling with my wife and children (8,5,3). The hotel was nice enough, the room did smell like someone was smoking in it before us, but the service staff were very helpful and provided and ionizer and fixed it right up. Good location, close to the city but outside the bustle, very close to all attractions in Omaha. Facilities were OK, but the pool had a broken drainage system, resulting in an inch or so of standing water all around. Also, the pool was very small, so again, fine for business travelers, but pretty tight quarters in the public areas. Also, the breakfast is free for hHonors Gold and diamond members, 5 or 10 bucks if you are not (depending which level of service you buy). Overall, great service, just not for my family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear NRAGuy4Life,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Eas/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on Trip Advisor. I was very delighted to hear about your wonderful experience at our hotel, however I apologize that your experience with the kids were not as great. I appreciate you comments. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff members. Again thank you so much and I hope you will continue to stay with us on your next adventure to the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Urbandale, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We spent a night at this hotel in July after visiting the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha. Our junior suite was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable. We paid for the breakfast buffet since it was not included; however, it was worth paying $10 per person. Crispy bacon, fresh fruits, omelette station, etc...everything was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Yeowang,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Eas/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on Trip Advisor. I was very delighted to hear about your wonderful experience at our hotel. I appreciate you comments. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff members. Again thank you so much and I hope you will continue to stay with us on your next adventure to the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
Wilsonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We made a quick trip to Council Bluffs for a night at the Horseshoe Casino. This hotel is connected right to it so I could go back to the room when I was done, but my husband could stay and play as long as he wanted! The room was VERY quiet, we stayed in a King suite which had a small "living room" area in the front and the bedroom area away from the hallway. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Peggy R,

I was glad to hear this was a nice getaway for you and your husband. I am glad you were able to both enjoy the room and casino. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff members. Again thank you so much and I hope you will continue to stay with us on your next adventure to the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
Springfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Even though this hotel is attached to a casino, the rooms were very quiet. I couldn't even hear the showers in the next room and only occasionally heard doors opening & closing. The downside is that they do not have a complimentary breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Joellyn S,

New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have stayed in most of the hotels in this area and this one is the one I return to again and again. My room was clean and quiet. Water in the lobby as was coffee. People all smiled, it has an indoor pool and a gym. It also has a direct inside connection to the Horseshoe Casino next door. Their restaurants are all good and the action is typical "casino".

Beds were comfortable, and amenities were all appreciated and we look forward to our next trip.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Request a room on the second or third floor....ground floor rooms....I dont like them.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear NYCShopper,

Council Bluffs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel goes over the top to make you feel welcome and they did it again! Great staff, room, bed comfort and breakfast was outstanding. Enjoyed my short stay I'll return on my next trip to Omaha area!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Leonard L,

Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had a family wedding in Glenwood IA. This property was one of the closest to the remote wedding location. All of the associates were warm, friendly, and offered a cheerful "hello" upon our contact. Too bad I lost so much money at the Horseshoe Casino which was adjacent to the HGI.

Dear Terri S,

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!