“Very thin walls...” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Carroll, Iowa
“Very thin walls...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with nice rooms and a comfortable bed. However, after specifically asking for a late check-out to sleep in, we were woken up through the night, with what I am assuming were drunk customers leaving the bar, who were laughing out in the parking lot. After finally getting back to sleep, we were awoken at 8:30 by the maids vacuuming. Then, after successfully falling asleep yet again, we heard a man singing in the hallway and more vacuuming! We gave up and checked out early. Also, we went to the swimming pool and while the area is very nice and the pool is very warm, there was what I am guessing was someone's weave floating in the water! There were long black strands of hair not only floating in the water, but on the side of the pool and outside of the elevator! GROSS! The hot tub was very hot, though, which I liked, but my daughter didn't.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor available so the drunk customers aren't as annoying through the night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Kapmom44,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We sincerely appreciate your business. I want to thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I was very concerned in regards to the quality of sleep you experienced. Please know that I will review these comments with our staff to ensure they are aware of the issue. We can also have our staff check the hallways more to ensure guests are not creating a lot of noise. Again thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We appreciate your time and hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Most Sincerely,

Shana Craven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Omaha
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

VERY nICe HOTel; however, the staff is not responsive and the casino next door lulled this group to sleep. The parking is a challenge and weekends SUCK with the masses visiting the money hungry casino! Delivery eatery choice proved a challenge - many local eateries do not deliver to this hotel and one National Pizza Chain did show up after 90 minutes (no we cancelled the order long before).

Room Tip: No SPA here!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear PapaOso0.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us a the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I was very concerned after reviewing your comments about your experience and I wanted to apologize for any lack of accomodations or service you received. If you have time, I would like to discuss your stay extensively. We are striving for excellence and if at anytime I can improve upon the service that we offer at the hotel I jump at the opportunity. I would also like to gather information in regards to the casino so that I can also give them feedback as to why they "lulled" you to sleep. I am also sure that they would appreciate to know how they can improve. Again I would the opportunity to discuss via phone or email whichever is more convienent for you. I hope to hear from you. I can be reached directly at 712.435.7060 or via email at shana.craven@hilton.com.

Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon,

Marblehead, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had spent a long day on the road and thought it would be fun to wind up at the Horseshoe Casino as it had an attached hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn was as nice as any full scale luxury hotel with all the amenities and a beautiful facility.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and had no problems.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear youngatheart3663,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to thank you for your time in posting your experience with us on trip advisor. We appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. Again thank you so much. We know that you have a lot of choices when it comes to accomodations and we are glad you chose us. I hope the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I stay here often for work, took family with me on this trip. Never do the pool. But Pool was clean and actually warm, unlike most places. Breakfast rocks! Recommend for work and a family stay. Room was a bit warm, but its winter and toygh to regulate

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Mr. Marq R,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We appreciate your business. I want to also thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on TripAdvisor. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. Again thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. Have a very Happy New Year.

Storm Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great value! This hotel has updated and clean rooms with nice amenities (fridge and microwave). The fitness center was excellent - cardio, free weights and weight machines. Just one hiccup during my two stays... Don't rely on the hotel shuttle to get you to the airport in a jiffy... The first time the drivers changed vehicles (and drivers), delaying my trip. The second time, the shuttle driver (coming from a different hotel) didn't know he was supposed to pick me up, also delaying my trip & causing me to nearly miss my flight.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hi Kings Pointe,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We appreciate your business and also appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the wonderful scores. I apologize for any inconvenience you received with our shuttle service. Please know that I will address these comments with our shuttle staff immediately so that we can avoid a situation like this in the future. Again thank you for your time and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Boone, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel is in a good location for those departing from Omaha airport early the next day as we were. Lots of places to eat and it is attached to the casino. The only issues were that there is very little parking adjacent to the hotel so be prepared to drag your bags across the street and lawn (no sidewalk). If claiming your Hilton Honors rewards is important to you, remind them at the desk. We were Diamnod level and got zip. But you will find a nice room and facilities, a good bed, and cleanliness all around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear IowaBilly,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We appreciate your business. I also want to thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor survey on our property. Thank you for your nice comments, they are truly appreciated. In regards to your Hilton Honors benefits, please know that I will discuss our protocol with our front desk staff to ensure they understand.

Again thank you for your time and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I just returned home from a business trip to Omaha. This HGI was wonderful. Clean and well maintained rooms. The hotel is attached to the Horseshoe Casino but separate enough that you wouldn't even know it if you didn't want to do any gambling.

What really set this hotel apart for me was the staff. Incredibly accommodating, helpful and friendly to a person. I would surely stay here again and would whole-hardheartedly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shana C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear William S,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It is wonderful to know that our efforts are appreciated. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. Again thank you so much and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Shana Craven

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!