“Comfort Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Coralville

You added Quality Inn Coralville to your Saves list
Quality Inn Coralville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   209 West 9th Street, Coralville, IA 52241 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Coralville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Check in was great, I think it took a total of five minutes. We asked about restaurants near by and they gave us a few recommendations. We booked the Whirlpool Suite, which was probably one of the most interesting i've ever seen. It was wasn't on the ground floor you had to take two steps to get into the tub. If you were an older person I would have been leery of getting in, because I wouldn't be sure I could get out!!! First thing I do when I go to a hotel is take off the blanket (full of germs) and then give the rest of the room a good once over. There were sparkles on the bed....like someone had been to a strip club the night before. It was odd, never had I seen that before. There was one grain of rice left on the night stand, maybe in case someone got hungry later??? It looked as if someone had done their business in the bathroom but had forgotten to give the second courtesy flush. But by far the worst part of the room was when I got to the tub. There was plenty of body hair not cleaned out.......and I myself could not get it down the drain with just a glass of water. I ran into housekeeping in the hall and told her about the problem, she was an older lady and was just so sweet. I didn't concern her with the hooker sparkles on the bed or grain of rice. Just asked her if I could use some of her tub cleaner and I would take care of the hair problem myself. She apoligized.....saying i'm sorry i've got cataracts and it's hard for me to see everything, plus the tub scared her, she was afraid to get in, because she was afraid she wouldn't get out and they had a full night the night before and she was exhaused. All I could do was laugh, she was a very sweet lady and i'm sure someone's grandmother. But I'm paying for a clean room, and I didn't get a clean room!! :( This is the second Comfort Inn we've stayed at in a row, to be disappointed two times in a row. We became a member of the Choice Rewards Program thinking that we would get some "perks" out of the deal. I'm still waiting for the perks to kick in...........

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Our family traveled to Coralville recently to attend the Iowa Firefighters Memorial Service. We chose to stay at the Comfort Inn has it offered affordable lodging at $68/night. Since we blocked several rooms, we negotiated for this price. Other hotels in the area were $100+.

First I will mention the pros of this hotel: friendly staff; refrigerator and micorowave in each room; free wi-fi; good breakfast and it did include protein items - scrambled egg patties, hard boiled eggs, plus buscuits and gravy, waffles, yogurt, fruit, breads and cereals - very good!

The cons: this is an old property and the rooms are in need of updating. The bed comforter and bed skirt were very old; the mattress was very soft plus the room had older furniture, the bathroom was very small and the fixtures needed to be replaced, plus they were corroded in places. The stool was disgusting. They did not clean underneath the rim,which is difficult to see when you are standing in front of it, but when walking into the bathroom. one could see the black ring.

The breakfast area was very small, as well as the pool, but it was adequaate for the kids to have fun.

This hotel was sold out the night we stayed and it is obviously because of their reasonable rates. The Fairfield Inn's parking lot across street was not full.

If you want basic, low cost lodging, this is your place. If you want nicer accomodations, stay elsewhere, but you will pay the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Twin Cities, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed here last month. This was my second stay. The hotel is very clean and beds were comfortable. There is a free breakfast in the morning. Nothing spectacular, but adequate. Short on meat/protein. They had waffles, yogurt, cereal, bagels, muffins, toast, fruit, and the like. I will stay here again. Staff was friendly and helpful. Swimming pool is a bit on the cool side. Wish they would warm it up a bit.

Room Tip: Both times I have stayed here I was on the second floor and had no issues. There is no elevator if...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We like Comfort Inns. Good free hot breakfast, free wifi, and when you get a room with 2 beds, they are queen sized. This one was no different. Good stay. However, in our non-smoking room, cigarette smoke permeated - especially in the bathroom (my guess is the exhaust fans carry the smoke from room to room). Overall, good cheap stay and helpful friendly staff. Would recommend, just let your clothes air out from the smoke afterward!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We had a couple of hectic weeks at work and just needed some time to ourselves so we got the King suite with whirlpool. The photos on their website are very accurate - the furniture is dated but we had every amenity we needed. The room was clean for the most part - we experienced the same mold issue in the shower like other people who placed reviews. However, the exhaust fan in the bathroom wasn't full of dust (like we've experience at other places) and the bathroom drains ran very fast (dirty fans and slow drains are a pet peeve of mine as I think these are noticeable and easy fixes). My husband slept very well but my back started aching around 3:00 a.m. - mattress was too soft for me. The whirpool was big enough for two people and very relaxing - I thought it was hard to get in and out of, however, as you had to step up into it. They made it one "narrow" step and I think two would have been better. Although our room was outside the pool/whirpool area, it was very quiet - course, the hotel wasn't sold out. The hallway outside our door smelled like cigarette smoke, although, all the rooms were non-smoking. Obviously, an air vent close to where everyone stands outside smoking. The breakfast had a lot of variety.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Just completed a several nights stay here and was over all pleased. This was a good value hotel and I have only a few problems. When I arrived the gent at the counter was helpful and nice, check in was very speedy. The room was more-or-less up to date with a nice Micro and fridge. There did happen to be some mold starting on the shower wall at the top but it was otherwise clean. When I requested a more fiber pillows, because there was only one in my two queen room, the night guy went to check and somehow was only able to come up with one more in the entire building. I am allergic to feathers so this was an issue to me and I requested no feather pillows before my arrival. Also the last night of my stay a third person was added unexpectedly, when I ask for a roll-a-way bed the clerk (with three grown men standing in front of him) stated he was out but did have play pens, yeah that will work. Breakfast I think didn’t look bad but did start at 0600, that to me is kinda late.

Room Tip: Cross hall smoking makes the entire floor stink. Good value easy location
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Coralville? Share your experiences!