“Just average - look across the street” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Coralville

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Coralville to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Coralville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   214 West 9th Street, Coralville, IA 52241 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Alexandria, Virginia
“Just average - look across the street”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

While clean, this hotel is definitely showing its age with wear and tear. The rooms are clean, but dinged up here and there. There is also a musty smell in the air, which I assume is from low occupancy - no one's run the AC for awhile. There is a pool (out of order), workout room, and free breakfast in the mornings. If you have a choice and can afford it, stay across the street at the Marriott conference center - one of the nicest Marriotts in the system. If you're just in town for a night or the price can't be beat, this hotel will do in a pinch.

In front of the hotel is a "Kum and Go" gas station. Across the street is a great BBQ place, and down the road are several more restaraunts and bars. Nice area to stay, close to Iowa State, but there are better hotel options in the area.

Just an "okay" hotel. Nothing special.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cortez, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

From the time I arrived in Coralville, I was greeted by friendly people. There was not any big rig parking at the motel, but the drywall place next door welcomed me to park there.

This motel is very very nice and clean. I have no negatives to post, I would reccomend that you stay here whenever you travel. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here during the busy week end of Iowa/Iowa STate game. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Hotel was very clean and conveniently located. Pool area was also very clean and I am very picky about that. The price was very reasonable. Other family members stayed at another higher ranked hotel and liked ours much better. WIll definitely stay there again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

You how you have your suspicions about a place when they can't even check you in correctly because they are too busy talking on the phone or chatting with a co-worker? I should have known what I was in for after this happened to me. A 2 minute check took 10 minutes just to get a crappy room.

I go to use the bathroom and notice black scum on the ceiling...and more black scum in the tub...and more black scum around the grout...MOLD! I go back downstairs and ask for another room...in which I'm told, "I'm sorry, we are sold out because it is a football weekend. And since it is a Saturday afternoon, housekeeping has gone home for the day." Whhhaaaattttt?????

The room from hell just keeps going farther into the abyss:

Only 2 channels on the TV come in clearly.
The bed has never been rotated, so one half of the bed is completely broken down and you have to use the other half otherwise you'll sag to the floor.
Best I could get with the WIFI was 2 bars...due to the hotel being sold out and so many people using it, I was told.
Cold coffee for breakfast.
The key card lock on the front door...for security...doesn't work.

Anyone need any more reasons not to stay here? Marriott should strip this franchisee of its' license...better off being turned into an hourly rate hotel with the way it is currently run. There are a lot more options nearby, including a full service Marriott down the street...anyplace but this Farfiled is my recommendation.

Room Tip: Stay at the Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express..anywhere else but this place.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Matt M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Coralville, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hello Backstreets1250! Thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your review. It is the goal of my staff and myself to provide each and every one of our guests with a stay that is 100% satisfacotry. I thank you for your comments and your suggestions for my team and I to improve our service and satisfaction for our future guests. I have shared your comments with my team so that they we may investigate the issues that you noted in your response and make any necessary corrections. We have also spoken with our cable provider about the spotty reception that you received on the channels in your room so that they may correct any issues.
Again, I thank you for taking the time to provide my team and I with your feedback! We hope that the next time your travels bring you to the lovely Iowa City area we will be granted the opportunity to accomodate your lodging needs.
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at several Fairfield Inn hotels in the past and had a very pleasant experience, so I decided to give this one a try in spite of some of the bad reviews I saw on here. This hotel was pretty much subpar on every mark. I could already size up how the experience would be from the tiny lobby that didn't even have automatic doors, and the rather abrupt and angry looking woman at the front desk. The room wasn't much better; it was very basic, cramped and outdated. The curtains wouldn't close completely, there were stains on the sheets, the doorknob to the bathroom was about to fall off, and there was water damage on the ceiling above the shower that had simply been painted over. I wasn't expecting much passing through Cornhole, IA, but this hotel still managed to disappoint.

• Stayed August 2012
MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a basic hotel for an affordable price. Clean, well maintained, courteous staff.
While much more affordable than many comparable hotels in the area, all went well. Check-in was smooth, the room clean, and everything worked. Good temperature control, low level of noise, Internet worked well, enough wall outlets, decent size room and bathroom. Very good TV channel selection including HBO, but all choices are analog (no digital). Other than no digitial channels, hotel met all my requirements, and gives Marriott points. No complaints for a simple stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
The Woodlands, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is a basic hotel in the bargain category. I chose it online having had good experiences with Fairfield. It is a hotel on an interstate exit and just doesn't try to be anything than a room with breakfast. Strange for a university town. There is good security. The rooms were clean. The furnishings were aged but servicable. The bed was basic. If you can get a good price and need to bed down, this will do. We spent two nights visiting and it would have been worth checking out other sites.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Matt M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Coralville, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback from your recent stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn Iowa City Coralville. I am glad that you found our hotel's location, accomodations, and security to be accomodating. Your comments have been helpful and I do appreciate you taking the time to provide me with them. If I may be of assistance when you return to the area do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Coralville? Share your experiences!