“They turned off the water while I was in the shower without warning!! Brown water! Told me it was safet to drink!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville

Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Pierceton, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

They turned off the water before telling anyone--including the hotel management. Had to finish shower with cold bottled water and I was told it was safe to drink the brown water after they turned it back on!! They never told guests to flush the water in their rooms before using! I was late for a very important business meeting and caught a cold from having to finish my shower with cold bottled water!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ChrisPhillipsAGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear nurselab:

Thank you for your feedback in regards to water issue we had last week. We encountered an issue with our water softer and it was quickly addressed, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We are currently replacing our older unit and don't foresee any additional issues. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.

Chris Phillips

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Frederick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Good wi-fi access, comfortable beds, fresh cookies in the evening, great breakfast offerings, easy access from the highway and close to good restaurants (though nothing in walking distance). I saw the pool but did not use it. I liked the fact that they conserve water and energy by NOT changing my sheets and towels every day unless I indicated that I wanted my sheets changed. Too often hotels have the conservation signs on the bed and in the bathroom, but they change everything anyway. Our only issue with the place was that the parking lot had large patches of ice that were hard to avoid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear MouseDance:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I appreciate your comments and I will pass them along to my staff. I do apologize for the parking lot condition. We do our best to salt the most problematic areas.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.

victor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here and it was fine for the money. However, we left our daughters new stocking hats and one set of goves in the room. Crazy they are only hats I know but my kids waited and waited for them. They were the fuzzy ones that look like an animal. My fault I know. I called back first thing the next morning all that was turned in were the worn gloves! The gloves were in one hat which was in the other hat. How nice! $90 worth of hats missing old gloves turned in. My kids are so upset its late enough now in the year they are all gone and can't buy more. I was told the girl that cleaned the rooms name is Iliana! If you stay here watch out for her I wouldn't let her in to clean while out.

Room Tip: I forgot to say you could hear everything in the room above you and beside you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ChrisPhillipsAGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear coolkristy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the safety of our hotel. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Easy access from freeway. Rooms are comfortable. Basic amenities typical for a Hampton. But a few problems would make me think twice about staying again...1) WIFI issues - several others have stated problems on Trip Advisor, and when I inquired, they would only say to "try it in the lobby and see if you still have a problem". But by the sounds of the repeated issues in reviews listed, seems to be a bigger problem they aren't addressing..., and 2) breakfast is usually pretty limited at Hampton's, but this was barely edible. The "hot" food was old and when it did run out (others ate it...!), they were very slow to replenish. The hard-boiled eggs were frozen - not a good sign of their potential age? And limited offerings that other Hamptons would normally offer.
I've stayed at other Hampton's for almost 1/2 the price that had far better breakfasts and overall better customer experience. Not entirely pleased with the value you get here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ChrisPhillipsAGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Cohibaba,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I want to assure that guest satisfaction is our focus here at the Hampton Inn Iowa City/Coralville.

I apologize that you had issues with your stay. I know we're working with AT&T on the wifi issues and I believe that should be taken care of now. I have shared your comments with my breakfast staff and worked with them on proper replacement times for hot items.

Again, thank you for the feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconveniences.

Champaign, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very clean hotel. Attractive & safe. Heating was a bit loud, but comfortable. Very comfortable bed and sofa. You will likely have some WIFI issues as they lock that down so tight guests will have problems. iPhone was ok, but tablet and laptop had issues being dropped. Staff doesn't do much with that, so be prepared to spend some time on the 888 number if you need help. Smallish pool but very clean. Reasonable breakfast.

Dear Scott F,

I"m Chris Phillips, general manager at the Hampton Inn Iowa City/Coralville. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I see that you had some issues with the WIFI and I want to assure you that we are working with AT&T on an easier login for guests. We have had some feedback on this and hope, as a brand, to have this resolved.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. I hope you can come back for another visit.

Derby, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I want to start by saying that I love Hampton properties and the Hilton Chain in general. We needed a one night stay in Coralville IA when we visited family. So we chose the Hampton Inn out of preference, convenience and the fact that I had points. The property was located in a nice area and easy to find. The front desk staff was friendly and quick at check ins. The hotel room was very nice and clean and I was not disappointed from our normal Hampton experience. There were unfortunately two items that marred our experience. Item #1 was that when we checked in our receptionist asked if we wanted a wake up call. So we requested a 6am call. So as you guessed, no call. Item #2 was that our commode's reservoir tank refilled extremely slowly. So slow that you could only flush once every 15 minutes or so.

Having said that, the remainder of our stay was nice and just as we expected. Plus the manager in the morning was attentive to my complaints and compensated me appropriately and promised to take care of the maintenance issues. He also apologized for the missed wake up call. We were flexible on our times so it didn't hamper us too long.

I would stay here again without a second thought and would recommend it to family, friends and business acquaintances.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ChrisPhillipsAGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear ppelkowski:

Thank you so much for your feedback and we'd like to apologize again that we didn't provide you with the wake up call. I take all of our guest feedback seriously and would like to assure you that total guest satisfaction is the goal of our entire staff.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are performing and what can be done to better meet your needs.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and hope the Hampton Inn will continue to be your hotel of choice in the Iowa City/ Coralville area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great location, right off the interstate. It is what you can expect from a Hampton Inn. Rooms were clean and the breakfast was good. The value was pretty good for a Hampton and location. There was a cocktail reception with appetizers soon after we checked in, not bad! There is a restaurant that connects the Hampton to the Holiday Inn, convenient.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Travel4Fun_DC:

I was pleased to see that our hotel met your high standards and am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our main goal in the hospitality industry is guest satisfaction and it is encouraging to receive such high regards from a guest. Through constant training of our staff and feedback from our guests we strive to make every stay as comfortable as possible.

Chris Phillips

Been to Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville? Share your experiences!