“Marriott review” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 hotels in Coralville
Bloomington, Illinois
“Marriott review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great location, hotel staff was helpful and courteous. Restaurants in the building and close by. Not used to walking in the elements from a parking garage to hotel. Conference center was beautiful and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms were clean and nice. I had a room with 2 queen beds. Would be nice if all rooms had a microwav...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Management2006, General Manager at Marriott Coralville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments from your stay at our hotel and providing us with feedback. We apprecaite your business and hope you will continue to experience our services when you visit the Coralville/Iowa City area.

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

An excellent full service Marriott located 15 minutes from the Herbert Hoover historical site and right down the road from the University of Iowa. Check in was fine. The room was spacious and very comfortable. All rooms had complimentary internet which is unusual for a full Marriott. The internet speed was fine for most business needs. Onsite restaurant and bar had an extensive menu with healthy choices and the service was solid. Parking was in a garage next door at a fee. I dislike parking fees at hotels but it seems to be typical for first class hotels. For the platinum Marriott members, the concierge lounge offered a wide and tasty dinnertime selection and the gentleman supervising this was very friendly. A wonderful stay and the physical look of the hotel was very appealing.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your kind comments concerning your most recent stay at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with our entire staff. The Herbert Hoover library is a terrific attraction to visit as it is not far away and easily accesble from the nearby interstate 80.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The rooms are modern and nice. Perhaps a little small but still nice. The breakfast was nice with polite and helpful staff who went out of their way to accomodat my wife's gluten allergy. I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments concerning your most recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We are delighted you had a positive experience and hope you will come visit us again if your travels takes you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have elderly family in Iowa City and travel to this area several times a year. I always stay at this Marriott property. It is well located for my needs and very easy to access from the highway. While others may prefer to stay at one of the downtown hotels, Iowa City is relatively small and easy to get around so I have never felt like I was too far from anything staying in Coralville; and parking downtown can be a pain at times.

This is a relatively new Marriott, very well appointed and situated on the riverfront with lovely terrace, walkways and other amenities. The service and staff are excellent. Since when I travel here I am dealing with very stressful elder care issues, I see this hotel as my safe oasis. It is clean, wonderful beds and bedding, good restaurant and a charming library right off the lobby that is a tribute to Iowa City's fame as a haven for writers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments from your recent stay with us and for being a frequent guest of our hotel. We do appreciate your feedback and I have shared them with our housekeeping and restaurant teams. Our library is a very popular area for our guests as all books were written by authors from the University of Iowa Writers Workshop. We hope you will visit us again if your travels take you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Being I had never used Price-line to book a hotel where I name my own price I thought I'd take a chance and I'm very happy I did. I had an overnight stay at the Marriott with my family and didn't expect much but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was extremely clean and the staff was very courteous. Not just the front desk employee's but also the restaurant and other staff we ran into during our stay. The pool area was very clean and relaxing. The hot tub was wonderful! The rooms were very nice. Tidy, new, nicely decorated! The bathrooms were spacious, the shower had good water pressure along with a very large shower head. The bathroom also included shampoo and conditioner and a full size blow dryer! Nice touch guys! Overall I'd say I know where I'll stay from now on when visiting my daughter at school. The only downside was the parking situation. There is a parking ramp next to the hotel (which is good) but you have to pay $8 a day for parking (not good IMO.) Not crazy money like many other hotels I've stayed but really this is Iowa not LA. I know parking is a premium in Iowa City I'm guessing they charge for parking because of the school and Kinnick stadium. Still would be nice if it was included in the initial cost of the hotel.

Room Tip: The backside of the hotel overlooks the Iowa River. Nice view if you can get it. Also there is an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments concerning the service you received and the cleanliness of your room. I have shared your comments with the entire staff at our most recent rally. I apologize if you had any issues related to the parking ramp. It is owned and operated by the City of Coralville, but we do collect the daily fees for them as it does assist the guests with in and out access. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again when your travels take you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night while on business & I was very pleased with my staff. The gentleman that checked me in was very polite & informative...explained to me how the parking ticket worked for the garage.

I had a king room & it was very nice & roomy. It had a great layout with a nice view & the bathroom was roomy as well.

We had drinks in the lobby bar & the bartenders were great! The one gentleman that waited on us was very punctual with our drinks & also very friendly...great customer service!

I would definitely recommend this hotel if staying in the Coralville area. I will be back!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us. I have shared them with our bartending team. We appreciate your feedback and hope your will visit us again when your travels take you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.
Clear Lake Iowa USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We did a week-end in Iowa City and stayed here thru a deal on price line. We felt we got a good deal on price line, but then we were a little disappointed when we found out that we had to pay an additional $8 per day for parking.

When we got there and checked in, we asked for a high floor away from the elevators with a good view. They put us on the top floor away from the elevator with a great view of the river and walking path. The young lady that checked us in was very nice and accommodating.

We liked our room, it was a little small, but nice. There was a coffee maker with coffee and tea supplies and a refrigerator. The bed and pillows were comfortable.

We took advantage of the large pool , early in the morning while it was quiet. Then we went on a walk along the river.

There is a new Micro Brewery next door that has good root beer, beer, and pizza.

Room Tip: Room 806, on the top floor in the back, was a good room with a good view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Management2006, General Manager at Marriott Coralville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Coralville Marriott and providing us with feedback on your experience. I am delighted to know that your stay with us was comfortable and you were able to experience the pool and walking path behind the hotel.

Been to Marriott Coralville Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!