“very good value” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Loyal, Wisconsin
“very good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Easy to get to and located right where we needed to be. The room was clean and smelled fresh. We had a very comfortable nights sleep even though there were several groups of young people in our area. The staff was very courteous and helpful with our request for extra pillows and recommendation of an economical place to eat nearby. Will definitely recommend this hotel to our family and friends stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CountryInn52241, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel, as well as our staff. We look forward to your next stay.

Country Inn and Suites Coralville, IA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Corbin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

First the Good.... Nice failry well maintained building...Nice indoor pool and spa... Great complimentary breakfast.... This place could easily be so much better with just a little help. The problems I had on my 3 night stay were not terrible but could have easily been made better. The biggest issue is the staff mostly younger kids who dont really care about their job you can tell that when they answer the phone. They advertise in the bathroom and on their book on the nightstand said if you have forgot anything just call the front desk,,, that is unless you need toothpaste then the boy at the desk give you a sorrowful look and says "dont think we have any we ran out" Whent to the spa one evening sign on the door said out of order for one hour so I came back an hour later sign still there asked the clerk and he said " I forgot to take it down" So after swimming and sitting in the spa for 20 minutes I came out and removed the sign for him and took to the desk and he gave me a funny look and said "oh yeah" The first morning I stayed breakfast was great omlets and bacon the next morning it snowed so the breakfast lady did not make it in but the clerk sitting in the breakfast room watching tv was proud to tell you he had set out some bagels. The room was good with flat screen tv micro and fridge but you could not have the fridge and micorwave plugged in at the same time as only the bottom plug worked. The cleaning lady came every day and left clean towels and kind of made the bed but left stuff on the floor and empty pizza boxes on the trash can. A good manager could make this a nice place to stay that folks would want to come back too but I probably wont be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Dustyn, the General Manager.

Sincerely
Beloit, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here for the weekend with my small children and it was wonderful!! The hotel lobby was spacious and clean, the staff friendly, the room was spacious and well done. The best part was the pool & hot tub area. The pool was actually WARM!! I could get in there and play with the kids without freezing. It was clean and towels were well stocked. The only issue was the breakfast food wasn't well stocked. They were continually running out of things and then it would take a long time to be replaced. Overall a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Bondurant, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed for a few nights on a weekend getaway and shopping. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, and breakfast was good. I plan to stay here again this was our 2nd stay at this hotel. I booked this because it is close to the stores I wanted to shop in and I got great online price. The hotel was quiet. Several food places close by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Mason City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed there over the winter holidays with family and friends. I've been thinking if it's worth even writing a review given that we will never stay there again. But I think other travelers have the right to know. I overheard what I think was the manager (dressed up short guy) talking to some other employee (possible maintenance) about bed bugs they had in one of the rooms. Knowing that they are required by law to tell people they had bed bugs I checked online, but couldn't find anything about this location. I checked my room of course pretty thourough and then talked to my friends. They advised to go and talk to front desk. Went down the next day (Saturday) and asked if they had BED BUGS in any of the rooms recently. Initially he said no, and then I told him that the requires to tell the truth if asked. He then said yeah, but that was it. No apologies, or what was done, or hey don't worry about it. It happened only once here and we did a pretty good job getting rid of them. Nothing. Just aknowledged that they had BED BUGS. He seemed to be pretty rude (stocky, blondish guy) and not knowing what he was doing. I asked if I could talk to a manager, and he said he was replacing the manager over the weekend. Then I said he needs to call the manager because I need a reassurance that for the crap load of money we were paying I wasn't gonna take some BED BUGS home with me. He said he would let me know. Nobody called me back with an asnwer for the remaining of my stay. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE SERVICE/MANAGEMENT. Before leaving I encountered yet another person at the desk and when I asked why the manager didn't call me back I was told that usually if manager is called over the weekend he tells employees to give free rooms to guests or whatever elese because he doesn't want to deal with it. WOW. Anyone wondering why we wouldn't stay there ever again???? Not to mention that rooms were very poorely cleaned,very cold in the room ,it would not warm up for nothing in the world. dust and spiderwebs everywhere. And breakfast constantly cold and tasted like plastic, not even close to real food. What is your food made of by the way? I would be very curious to know. My family and I have been staying at Country Inns often, but this was by far THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF ALL HOTELS COMBINED.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
At the Country Inn & Suites Coralville, our guests are very important to us. We value all feedback. We are currently investigating this issue. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.
Rochester, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I can't say the stay was horrible, but there are plenty of hotels in the Iowa City area and I think I'd try a different one next time. First problem was someone had left their breakfast in one of the dresser drawers so as soon as I checked in and went to put something in the drawer there was a bowl of cereal and an English muffin! A bit off putting and made me question how thoroughly the rooms are cleaned. Then we tried over and over again to call the front desk and never got an answer. Finally went down to request a wake up call for the next morning. The guy at the desk said so problem. Never got the wake up call. Both of the fellows at the front desk seemed nonchalant at best. The breakfast was fine (though one waffle maker got jammed up and there didn't seem to be any hurry to get it cleaned), the work out room was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CountryInn52241, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear kagardner,

I have addressed issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Coralville
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights for my business trip. Room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good, except that staff services at counter was not available 24 hrs by 7 days. It can go unmanned for 15 mins at time. There is no food available after breakfast and you ahd to drive out or walk to the restaurant beside for food. Walmart is 8 mins walk from the Hotel. There is no much shopping areas within the Hotel and no public transport around the hotel. IS only good for stay if you driving and prefer a quite place for resting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear JamesSeah,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the hotel. We will pass this on to our staff. As a hotel we value feedback because, it allow us to make the neccessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will consider us again for future trips to the area.

Country Inn & Suites Coralville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville? Share your experiences!