“Longhorn Steakhouse, Coralville Ia, Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Columbus Junction, Iowa
“Longhorn Steakhouse, Coralville Ia, Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary here on July 7th. Our server was excellent (thanks Lyndsey), and the food was outstanding. We ordered the Texas Tonian, crispy onion petals with a zesty sauce. We both had the mixed green salad. My wife ordered the small Flo's Fillet, and I had the small New York Strip. Both were prepared to perfection. We had the loaded baked potato. Needless to say, we were too full for dessert (What a shame). When our waitress brought our bill at the end of lunch, she also presented us with a Happy Anniversary Card. Now, that's "above and beyond the call". Because of our service and the great food, we definitely will return to the Longhorn, Coralville.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Centerville, Iowa
“Amazing Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had a Darden gift card so I figured I'd go to Red Lobster or Olive Garden. But, while we were in Iowa City ( Coralville) we saw the LongHorn Steakhouse sign and NOW OPEN. So we had to try it. The inside was well decorated, and we were quickly welcomed and seated. Server was nice. With the bread basket and an appetizer we definately were full before our lunch came. I substituted the newer side salad for 1.50 extra (cobb I think?). I got it becasue the picture showed a lot of avocado, but my salad was lacking in that area. Smoked corn was a good touch although kind of thrown onto the plate. Back to the main course- Renegade Sirloin 12oz (17.99 and shared with my boyfriend). We ordered it medium rare and were wondering why it was taking so long, right then the manager Christina came over and told us it was overcooked the first time and she was having them remake it. I surely hope the steak didn't go to waste... but when we got our new steak medium rare- it was DELISH! We both thought it was one of the best steaks we have had at a restaurant. Seasoned very well!
Sweet potato was huge with butter and cinnamon.

We could have definately done without the Texas Tonion appetizer. There was plenty of food to split. This will be my new place to eat if I am on I-80 and want a steak.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City, Iowa
“A surprise (in a good way)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were surprised to see the Longhorn Steakhouse under construction in Coralville, with Outback and Texas Roadhouse both within a few blocks. We thought we had a quite adequate supply of steakhouses in the neighborhood. We were wrong. On our first visit, we found the building comfortable (tacky western ambience, but we expected that), with a decent amount of space between diners. Service was impeccable (thank you, Emily!)

Menu was impressively varied. While the typical breaded-onion-with-dip was available as an appetizer, we were drawn to the parmesan-crusted asparagus and the grilled white cheddar stuffed mushrooms. Both were delicious. The iced tea tasted freshly brewed. Fortunately, we could order 6-ounce portions of steak (our choices: smoky double bacon sirloin, and BBQ balsamic sirloin, both perfectly cooked). Our salads were crisp and fresh, and there was a wide choice of sides, from vegetable medley to loaded baked potato. One of us even opted for dessert, an apple concoction in a pastry shell with ice cream and caramel. Our late lunch was about $50 for two, with tax but before tip.

Everything was so good, and the seasonal specials were a real treat. This will definitely be our go-to place for steak from now on.

I should add, while we were quite gluttonous, the menu offers meals ((entrée, side, and salad) for under 500 calories. And there are non-red-meat entrées available as well.

• Visited June 2013