“I should've been staying here the whole time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   921 E 2nd Ave, Coralville, IA 52241   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Peoria
“I should've been staying here the whole time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

With family living in Coralville, the whole crew comes in once or twice a year (think 30 people for dinner) and we all try to stay at the same hotel. We've stayed at the Marriott and the Baymont. We should've been staying here! My mom had eye surgery at the hospital and needed to stay FLSt for a time so we decided to spend the night. I booked a 2 queen room. The lobby was beautifully kept and check in was fast and friendly. The room was very clean and well appointed. I was impressed with the room and it's amenities. Although the hotel offers a free dinner every night, there was a happy joe's nearby. Who can resist a happy joes taco pizza?! (By the way, the pizza delivery was fast and the pizza still hot). The evening was very peaceful, we heard little from any of the other rooms. We enjoyed the free breakfast the next morning - lots of variety and the ladies servicing the buffet were welcoming. There is a cupcake bakery in the same complex that also is fabulous! And a wine store nearby. I would recommend a stay here anytime. We will be looking to stay at more Homewood Suites!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Minneapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I had never been to the area and had a voucher for an overnight stay and the staff were very friendly and welcoming and let us know that we were welcome to attend an event that was going on in the hotel. It was nice that they have meals and drinks available too- I'm vegetarian my boyfriend can't have gluten so we were kind of out of luck, but I'm not going to complain since it benefits most people. It's cool that there is some stuff to walk to around there too, like a brew pub, a dept store, a wine store and other places that are opening up around there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Terrific experience, all I needed, very comfortable room, fitness, breakfast that was healthy, wifi. This was my first time, part business and part family trip that this hotel made very easy, smooth and positive. I would definitely use again at this location and others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Normal, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Nice, upscale feel to the lobby and rooms. Rooms in great condition. Beds very comfortable. The breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. If that's important to you, then skip this hotel. Minus the breakfast, I would say that this hotel is exceptional.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed over the 4th of July holiday weekend and chose this hotel because of its location. At check-in the staff set us up in a room that allowed us to watch the Coralville fireworks from our room.

The hotel was clean as was the room. Breakfast was nice as it had a variety of choices. Free adjacent parking is nice. The area is building up with options for dining, entertainment and shopping. A good location.

We will look to stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I am pregnant and traveling with my two children (5&3). I was a little disappointed that we were placed into room 403….right next to the elevator shafts. All evening, night and morning, we could hear the mechanical workings of the elevator as it traveled up and down the corridor. It was noisy. However, the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was ok. It served it's purpose of a quick bite before hitting the road.

Room Tip: Room 403 was noisy due to elevator mechanical workings.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Crystal H, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Jennifer M,

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I apologize for the elevator noise you experienced during your recent stay with us. We know how important a good night’s sleep is and want all of our travelers to feel refreshed!

We hope you enjoyed the Coralville Iowa River Landing and that you will consider staying with us again. Please remind our team that your preference is to be away from the elevator when you make a reservation, to ensure a better stay next time!

Kind regards,

Crystal Hansel
Director of Sales
Evergreen, co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and I were traveling cross-country with our two early teen daughters and one of their friends. I selected this hotel because it offered a two bedroom / two bathroom suite, which gave the girls their needed privacy without requiring a separate room for them (which might or might not be located near our room). After spending a night at this hotel on our outbound trip, we altered our return plans to spend another night here, rather than driving through to the Embassy Suites in Des Moines, which offered a sleeper sofa in a separate area, but not a second bathroom. I am not aware of any other brands that offer a 2/2 unit, but this was a perfect fit for our family. I have stayed at other Homewood Suites for business trips, and it has always been pleasant, but this family trip really put it over the top for me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing? Share your experiences!