“neighborhood grill?” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
“neighborhood grill?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Where's the neighborhood? I'ts a plain,, mundane chain and is not locally owned. Money leaves the community and it's no adventure whatsoever.

Iowa City, Iowa
“Under 550 Calorie menu is worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

We normally don't choose to eat at Applebees but decided to give their 550 calorie menu a try.

My husband had the Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shrimp. It came with some red potatoes and steamed vegetables. The food was very tasty, however, his meal cooled off rather quickly.

I ordered the Sizzling Asian Shrimp and Broccoli. I didn't want the cajun shrimp so I asked if my shrimp could be the Garlic Herb like my husband was getting - not a problem. My meal came out on a hot platter instead of a plate and it was sizzling. My food stayed hot the ENTIRE time it took me to finish my meal. The food was very flavorful and cooked to perfection.

The sirloin meal was really good as well. However, the next time, we'd ask for the sirloin meal to be put on a platter like the Asian shrimp was - this is what our waiter suggested.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City
“Its Applebee's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

Despite what everyone thinks, Applebee's has a poor selection for vegetarians. Altering dishes is not recommended

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
chicago
“the best all around, better than a 5 star dinning i'd pay 100 plus for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

we're from out of town and come to the university hospital every 3-4 months and have made it a retual to go to applebee's in coralville after our doctors visits. Oddly enough we seem to have the same waiter everytime, which we just adore, he's actually the only thing we look forward to seeing when we make the this visit to iowa city. Dennis, with no doubt has customer service down, seems to know everyones needs before they seem to know it themselves. Not just talking about our table but also tables around us, just by observing him you can tell that he obiously care about people. One never has to ask for a thing, refills come out before you even notice you need one. His service beats a 5 star restraurants. Hope the hold on to him, he's a star!!!! Make sure you ask for this guy, he'll treat you right, no matter what people say about applebee's, Dennis will make you think twice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere