Booked with Priceline for lowest price. Got a suite with jacuzzi, which we didn't expect. The room was clean and very inviting. Only small complaints: the room was not ready at the 3pm check in (however, the reception attendant was very nice and even went to personally check on it) It was ready at about 3:45, plenty of time for us to go to a late lunch and return, it wasn't quite ready but was ready by the time we signed the reception paperwork, got our keycards, and got our luggage from the car. Also, there were no styrofoam cups for coffee, no biggie though I went and got some from the breakfast nook. Then the last very small complaint was from my husband, he likes fluffy pillows. I actually liked the pillows. When we checked in the receptionist told us about the 5:30-7pm special, which was ham and cheese sandwiches and cookies, and about breakfast (6-10:30am) and check-out (11am). Breakfast is a common midwest continental breakfast- pancakes, waffles (which you could make or have made for you) fruit, yogurt, instant oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, toast, 4 different kinds of bagels, cereal, boiled eggs, milk, juice, coffee, cappuccino. In the bathroom they have LUX brand for the hotel soap, shampoo, and conditioner. It smells wonderful and reminds me of citrus/lemongrass. Only downside was that there was only enough shampoo and conditioner for me (I have long hair). My husband brought his own anyways. We are nonsmokers and so is the hotel but the hotel did offer plenty off outside places for smokers to go. Our room overlooked the river and levee. What a nice view. The decoration of the room was very nice, no wonder it had taken so long to clean. The staff was very friendly at all times. The a/c worked very well. They were having work done on the carport but this did not create any noise or inconvenience for us. Large flat screen tv, microwave, iron, ironing board, blow dryer, coffee maker, and clean minifridge. Pluggins in the lamps for electronics and such. Plenty of pluggins! One thing we loved was the separate towels for the shower and jacuzzi! Room 234 is an awesome stay. It is close to restaurants, shopping, and also to many of the U of I athletic arenas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off I-80 on the Coralville Strip, the Heartland Inn Coralville is the closest hotel to both the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and the VA Hospital. We are just minutes from Kinnick Stadium, Carver Hawkeye Arena and Coral Ridge Mall. This Coralville hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to and from both hospitals and great hospital rates. We also offer complimentary breakfast, evening snacks and wireless high speed internet. The Heartland Inn Coralville is a smoke free facility with a AAA 2 Diamond rating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Heartland Inn - Coralville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heartland Inn - Coralville Hotel Coralville
- Heartland Inn - Coralville Iowa