“Nice Property and Great Location Next to Mall” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kingston, New Hampshire
“Nice Property and Great Location Next to Mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed 1 night at this property while back in Iowa visiting family. I found the staff to be very helpful and polite. The fitness center is kind of cramped, but the 2 treadmills and 1 elliptical machine is relatively new. The hotel also offers complimentary guess passes to Core Fitness in North LIberty, which is open 24 hours. The free guess passes is a really nice perk. The hotel is next to Olive Garden, Pancheros and other dining opportunities on the Coralville strip. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
amandacturner, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Coralville, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I was pleased to see that our hotel met your high standards and am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
I know many of our guests appreciate the complimentary passes to Core Fitness and I am glad you were able to take advantage of that. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again next time you are in the area.
Assitant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
LOUISVILLE, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for a long wedding weekend. It was a wonderful experience from the time we got there until we left. We had twelve rooms booked for friends and family and everyone was more than pleased with their stay here. Out of twelve rooms you would think someone would have had a problem checking in or a complaint about something but that wasn't the case at all. Everyone complimented us on our choice of hotel. There were a lot of sporting events etc going on that weekend so the hotel was full and still no problems.. If I had to think of something the elevator is a bit slow but it wasn't like you wait several minutes or anything so that wasn't a problem. We used a meeting room to have a small reception and they set it up for us beautifully for 40 people to have a sit down dinner. The front desk was so helpful that they can even accommodate out of the ordinary request. A few examples are: I needed a tap roller for lint on a pair of black shorts I brought and sure enough they borrowed one from housekeeping and got it right to me. My 7 yr old son wanted some milk and sure enough they happily got him some from the kitchen. The people were just amazingly friendly. Amanda is so kind and helpful that I was able to book the rooms and plan my reception from 7 hours away with no problems. Rooms are super clean. beds were VERY comfortable. Was able to hook my sons Wii up to the TV so he could play in the room (no charge for that).. Free internet.. Best and largest continental breakfast I have had anywhere. It even included several hot food choices like scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes etc. Plenty of seating in the breakfast area. Right across the street from several restaurants once of which was outback that took a last minute reservation for us for 26 people. Hotel is in front of Coralridge mall and children s museum. Lots to do in the area. NICE area.. Felt very safe and comfortable there. No worries about my teenage nieces walking to the ice cream place across the street. All the kids in our party loved the pool and this Momma liked the hot tub. It was just all very nice and clean. It was our first trip to Iowa and we plan to return and will be staying at this hotel every time.. I would give ten stars if I could.

Room Tip: I saw 12 rooms and they were all good.. I don't think you can go wrong here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We were thrilled to be a part of your exciting day here in Iowa City. I know my staff commented several times how much they enjoyed interacting with you and your wedding guests (sounded like you all had fun together).
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and are so happy everything was to your liking. Please let me know next time you plan a trip to Iowa City/Coralville as I know my staff and I would love to see you all again!
Assistant General Manger
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

In town for a tennis tournament. Clean, quiet hotel that thankfully accommodated two beds (despite the fact that we had to book for one king - was my teenage son and husband so king wasn't the ideal!). "Interesting" patrons - the guy in the camouflage on the elevator with the knife hanging from his belt and the teens with pants hanging low and boxers showing was not the ideal, BUT, once behind closed doors, no problems. Free breakfast was acceptable. Elevator seemed near failure (incredibly loud squeaky noise when in operation and a large jolt when arriving at floor). Front desk largely left unattended, at least when we were in and out. Free parking. Train does sound horn when passing but not a sleeping issue for us. Eat at The Brown Bottle (good salad, garlic bread and pasta although $30 for two) and check out Whitey's Ice Cream across the street. Also of interest, the Natl' History Museum on the Iowa U campus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am so happy to hear we were able to get you a room that would comfortably accommodate your family during their trip to Coralville. I would like to assure you that we have recently had our elevator serviced and the "squeaking" noise has been taken care of.
I apologize you didn't get more interaction with our Front Desk staff, however they do wash and fold 100% of our laundry which keeps them tied up in the back office a lot of the time. We do have cameras in the lobby so they are able to see if any guests are in need of assistance.
I do agree with you about the Brown Bottle and Whiteys and have to admit that I find myself indulging in the later more often than I should :)
We hope to see you again when you are in the Iowa City/Coralville area.
Assitant Genreal Manager
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I were passing through and stayed at your hotel. I was very happy with the service we recieved. Quick check in, clean room and pool area. I was especially impressed and appreciated the service and the very nice person who took care of the breakfast area in the morning. We stayed Tues to Wed. July16-17..please pass it along to her...she was great with our kids.

Room Tip: The king exec suite it awesome for families and business...lots of space.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I'm so glad to hear how pleased you were with your stay. Chris (our breakfast attendant) has been with us for years and she was tickled to recieve your praises. I know she enjoys chatting with our guests and is particularly engaging with the children :)
We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to the Iowa City/Coralville area.
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is the place I stay when I'm in the Iowa City area, This is a great hotel and very convenient to where I need to go. I highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your satisfaction with our facility. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction and it is very encouraging to recieve such positive feedback from our clients. We look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice place to stay in Iowa City - right off I-80 and next to a decent shopping mall and several restaurants. It's not at all far from campus if you're going there. There is also a popular biking/walking/jogging path nearby and the hotel has a free loaner bike.

Rooms are decent, everything was clean, safe parking, etc.

• Stayed June 2012
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I have to agree that the fitness trails in town are excellent and I am glad you were able to utilize our bicycle to explore them.
We look forward to seeing you again inthe future.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Booked two nights at this hotel for a wedding we were attending. Checked in with no problems, room was clean and well prepared. Nice standard sized hotel room...clean bathroom! No mold, everything was clean and well maintained. I wish other hotels would pay attention to this! No problems during stay. I need to fax and use computers quite a bit, staff was gracious and available to help. Computers easily available and worked well. Free breakfast was extensive, I would say there was something for everyone available. And despite what appeared to be a pretty full house, staff kept the food replenished as needed. Another benefit is that this hotel is on the shopping mall grounds. Nice mall...Target, JC Penney, Sears etc. Good all around experience at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
amandacturner, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Coralville, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our main goal in the hospitality industry is 100% guest satisfaction and it is wonderful to recieve such high praises from our guests. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and hope to have you as our guest again when your travels bring you to Iowa City/Coralville.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Coralville? Share your experiences!