“The place to stay when we need to stop” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Coralville
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“The place to stay when we need to stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed here as an overnight stop on a trip from home to St. Louis. We have stayed here in the past and have always had a great experience, this time was no exception. The front desk agents are all pleasant and efficient, the breakfast is wonderful and the hotel is clean, quiet and comfortable. We did not use the pool but it looks nice and they provide pool toys for kids to use. The exercise room is a bit cramped, with 2 treadmills and a bike, as well as some dumbbells, but it was nice. This hotel appears to be brand new, and has a great location near I-80 and near a large shopping mall with lot's of restaurants and shopping in the area. The rooms were big and comfortable, EXTREMELY clean! The one negative thing, that the hotel has no control over, is there are railroad tracks nearby and the trains blew horns a couple of times a night the past 2 times we were there. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay in Coralville.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the side of the hotel where the railroad tracks are.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
amandacturner, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Coralville, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
I am so happy you had another great experience at our hotel! We appreciate your kind words regarding our friendly staff and clean rooms. I will be sure to share your thoughts with our team to let them know how much you enjoyed your stay. While our on-site fitness center is limited in space, I would like to tell you that we do offer complimentary day passes to one of the newest fitness facilites in the area for those who are looking for more variety with their workout. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Seemed like a brand new hotel. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was great. I don't write a lot of reviews but we had left item behind that had great sentimental value and the staff was outstanding in getting it returned to us promptly and I was very grateful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
amandacturner, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Coralville, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff understands that any item left behind, no matter how small, is important to our guests, and I am happy to hear we were able to return your lost item to you timely. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Elkader, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Best stay we have ever had, greatest bed and bedding, fantastic swimming pool and hot tub!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
amandacturner, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Coralville, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
I was pleased to see that our hotel met your high standards and am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our main goal in the hospitality industry is guest satisfaction and it is encouraging to receive such high regards from a guest. Through constant training of our staff and feedback from our guests we strive to make every stay as comfortable as possible.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and hope the Holiday Inn Express will continue to be your hotel of choice in the Iowa City/ Coralville area.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Decent place, got good price off hotwire. Bfast buffet nice, pool and hottub average at best. Hot tub very small and uncomf. These micro hotels r nice but its all up n down the elevator. Pack well! Or make sure u got a kid who likes runnin to the car.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary, hot breakfast. Our 8 person hot tub is usually sufficient size for our guests and I apologize it was a bit small for your group.

I do hope we can have another opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

On the way home for Christmas I used my Holiday Inn points to get a free room, which I feared would be the worst room in the place. Instead, I was delighted to find that we were given a "welcome bag" by the pleasant staff and upgraded to a larger room (quite spacious!) which was well appointed, impeccably clean, included mini-kitchen, lovely bathroom, sitting area and very nice complimentary breakfast. The hotel is just adjacent to the mall, which includes a skating rink that the kids enjoyed, and several (chain) restaurants. We will stay here again on our way through that area!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
I am so happy you enjoyed your upgrade! We appreciate our Priority Club members' loyalty and try to award them with complimentary upgrades whenever possible.

We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to the Iowa City area.

Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

This is an exceptional hotel. Great service, clean property and rooms, better than average complimentary breakfast, Free beverages from 5-7 weekdays as well. I've stayed on a few occasions, and on my last stay, the staff upgraded my room to a whirlpool suite for no additional charge. I will continue to choose this hotel over others whenever I am in the Iowa City area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and are excited to have another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Great hotel with a great staff. I have stayed here several times. Always a fast check in and the snack and water are great. Located right by the mall and many restaurants. If you stay on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, they have a Manager's reception in the lobby. Great finger foods and drinks (soda, beer and wine).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Assistant General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Coralville? Share your experiences!