“Oct. Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Des Moines – West Clive
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 NW 114th Street, Clive, IA 50325   |
Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Clive

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I would agree the place is 'tired' but clean and we found everything worked. There was a problem with a light bulb and wrong size bed sheet but both were resolved quickly. The breakfast choice wasn't as varied as some but fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeris S, General Manager at Days Inn Des Moines – West Clive, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying with us. Our staff has been working diligently to address any issues our customers need assistance with. If you need anything in the near future with your stay with us please ask for me and I will be happy to assist you anytime.

Sturgis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I agree with the review that the rooms are very small. Old, old TVS, Wifi would not work on any of our phones, kindle,computer. The bathroom toilet was so high that my feet couldn't touch the floor. The toilet kept plugging up and reeked of sewer. The air/heater kept turning on and off, never allowing the room to keep a comfortable temp.
This may have been an out of the ordinary experience, but there was a car that was parked at the end of our building with two men sitting in it. When my husband took our boxer out , they tried to strike up a conversation with him...my husband just kept to himself....They sat there for over an hour and a half,,just sitting ..... Weird I thought..... Later the police pulled in and arrested a man walking around the parking lot..weird again.
To be fair, the beds were okay,We really like the drive up doors and they accept pets.
There is a short drive to several restaurants, gas stations, shopping, the location is fine and there are lots of hotels all around this one, which we will try the next time.
Happy trails

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn Des Moines – West Clive, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. currently, we are going through renovations of our entire hotel inside and out.I have spoken with both my housekeeping and maintenance staff regarding your concern. If you need anything in the near future please ask for me and I will be happy to assist you anytime.

Concord, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have stayed at this motel at least 3 times in the past, so I was surprised not to find my experience this time to be acceptable. The room had a lot of amenities, refrigerator, king bed, desk and desk chair, sofa chair and foot rest, iron & ironing board, coffee maker, TV & cabinet, etc. The desk chair was so close to the end of the bed that I had to move it to get past. The bathroom was small and tight with the toilet in the room. The sink was outside the room.

The worst was the room heat pump that was directly across from the head of the bed. When it came on to heat the room the temperature went up at least 10 degrees (from 71 to 81 or 88). I kept adjusting the temperature adjustment but never could get it to be comfortable. I turned off the unit during the night so I could sleep.

The front door hangs up on the threshold and is hard to open & close. This is an item that any person cleaning the room would notice, but it was not corrected.

The breakfast was not worth the effort. Juice, batter for waffles, bread, a few bagels, a few muffins, no yogurt, some cereal.

All in all not a pleasant stay this time.

Room Tip: The motel is far off the highway traffic so you don't have to be concerned with traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

JOLIET
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Worse Motel I ever stayed in. The only reason we stayed here was because it was 1am and it was our last resort. When we walked the person at the service desk was very very rude. we got charged $110 just for one night. Once we walked into the room it was dark and dingy. The room smelled horrible. Our beds had no pillows. There was a dent in the floor, it made you feel like you were going to fall into the ground. I tried to turn on the tv and the tv had no reception. The breakfast was crummie. This hotel needs a major make over!

It makes a difference if you drive the 20-25mins to Newton.. In Newton we payed $80/night, total difference from this hotel.

Room Tip: Make the drive and go to the Days Inn in Newton, Iowa.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Do not stay at this place. The whole thing is an aged crap hole. The pool is green and filled with bugs, the rooms are beyond dated, with broken everything. Stains, spackle and big gouges in the ceiling. Filthy beds with burn holes and pillows with blood stains. I was afraid to even walk around in my socks. If I could give it zero stars, I would. I have been to jail but I imagine it's much nicer than this place. Also pricing wasn't honored for several people, and manager Jeris Schesser refused to assist the issue.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. currently, we are going through renovations of our entire hotel inside and out.I have spoken with both my housekeeping and maintenance staff regarding your concern. Also, we have changed management so If you need anything in the near future please ask for me and I will be happy to assist you anytime.

Days Inn Clive General Manager

Been to Days Inn Des Moines – West Clive? Share your experiences!