“Worth every penny and then some.” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Worth every penny and then some.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The price was so right, how can you not stay there?

The staff, especially Cathy, who goes the extra mile for the guest, are very friendly. Casey's knowledge of the area is superb! He can tell you where to find the best burger.

There are many amenities at this hotel; automatic doors, pool, hot tub, free hot breakfast; manager's reception which consists of beer, wine, chips/dip, Sarpino's Pizza, Pepsi products, chocolate chip, and sugar cookies. It's a great experience all around.

Room Tip: Corner suite looks over woods.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
kaczusia, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for those kind words of praise for my staff, your review will reward my employees with recognition of their efforts in making every stay the best that it can be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Good stop between Denver and Chicago. Clean, easy access from highways. Gas, Wendy's, Mexican and Italian restaurant in walking distance. Double wide stairway on west end made for easy in/out with our dog and luggage. Elevator is the slowest in the city according to the pizza delivery guy. Nice little office park so there was a choice of grass or pavement for walking the dog. Be aware that there may be loose dogs on the walking path through adjoining residential area. We stayed here on both sides of our visit to Chicago. Cold and hot breakfast options but there was no water or ice for someone who doesn't drink juice or coffee. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the kind words in your review. I will share those with my staff to encourage them to keep up the good work.
Washington, Utah, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very friendly staff and this is enhanced by a great happy hour. We have stayed here several times in the past and have never been disappointed. We also have a small dog and feel very welcome. This makes for a great trip and rest stop.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for the kind words of appreciation. My staff try really hard to accommodate all our guests. Your review is a big morale booster for us all.
Carroll, Iowa, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. Rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. The weeknight free happy hour is a plus... nice to have a glass of wine and a snack at the end of the day. Pool is clean and hot tub is actually hot... always a plus with me. Good selection at breakfast. Location is right off the interstate in an affluent part of the metro... easy access via freeway to downtown: 15-20 minutes depending on traffic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

kaczusia, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you very much for the nice review. It is nice to be noticed for how hard we try to host our guests to the best of our abilities.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Good clean rooms. The social hour is great. Free beer, wine, soft drinks and food. They do the social hour monday to wednesday. The customer service is awesome. I want thank Phil for his hospitality. I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the kind words about the property and the staff.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Best Western Plus in Clive (minutes south of Des Moines) is really close to West Des Moines. The location is really convenient, the rooms spacious, the staff friendly, and the breakfast satisfying. The fitness center; however, requires updating. I'd stay here again...

Room Tip: The whirlpool was out of service and the fitness center should be updated.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
kaczusia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear SaintPaulJim, you will be pleased to know that withing the next two weeks we are getting a brand new stairclimber machine to supplement our choices of workout equipment in our exercise room. Thank you for your kind comments and I will be sure to complement my staff on your behalf. Happy Travels to you!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Myself and 3 other guys from our company stayed 2 nights. On the second night my room mate left as well as one of the other guys so it was just 2 of us. When we returned to the hotel housekeeping had not touched our room and i needed new towels and wash cloths so I went to the front desk. The attendent working gave me new towels but refused to give me new washcloths. This is their way of cutting cost according to the attendent. I understand cutting costs but if a customer asks and especially in our situation where i had a different guy staying with me, please give me new washcloths. The attendent then stated he did not have a key for the laundry room and even if he did he would not go get them. He then offered me RAGS in place of washcloths! I refused to take the rags and ended up using one of my clean socks to wash with. This male attendent had no customer service skills at all. I would never reccomend anyone to stay in this hotel and i will never be back, personal or business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
kaczusia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Cliff, upon review with my staff and witnesses, I would now like to address the issues of your accusation of “bad customer service”.
My receptionist had every intention to get you the washcloths, but he would need a few minutes to get them from the laundry, as all we had at the front desk were rags. He did not offer you the rags as a replacement, as you allege. However, you never gave him a chance to fulfill your requests by first yelling then calling him names and finally storming off.
When you choose to break the fundamental code of respect and courtesy, you lose your rights to reciprocity. We strive to please and accommodate all guest requests, especially if we failed to deliver in the first place. Nothing, however, can justify abuse and rudeness towards our team member just because he/she cannot produce your desired request immediately. I am sorry that your stay at my property was ruined, but you did not make it possible for us to remedy the situation by your behavior.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Des Moines West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!