“Late Night Stop-Good Sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clear Lake
Lake Country Inn
Save Saved
You added Lake Country Inn to your Saves list
Clear Lake, IA 50428-1109   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Clear Lake
Wisconsin
“Late Night Stop-Good Sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Nice Hotel. Just needed time off highway. Pillows were not comfortable but all other amenities were great.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Stillwater, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

For the price, Lake Country is a good accommodation. The rooms are adequate but not large. The location is good if you don't like to hear interstate traffic all night. The manager is a charm, but their wi-fi is a near dud. The room has a lot of little touches that make you wonder why they did that. The bed we had was beyond firm, but it was clean and neat. Soundproofing between rooms is last-century, but the clientele seemed good and there were no problems to speak of.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I was in town for business in Garner for a week. I was tired of staying in a small local hotel there that had no internet connectivity, so I drove into Clear Lake. This was the first hotel with internet I saw, so I said what the heck! How bad could it be? I checked in, hauled my luggage out of my car and into the room. The room was tiny. Long yes, but narrow. Everything was white, the walls, the ceiling.. I felt like I was in a padded cell. The bed looked questionable as to whether it's bedding had been washed recently, so I was glad I'd brought my own pillows and blankets with me. The blinds on the window to the room that faced the road, were broken, so there was a big area that I could see out of (or somebody could see in through!). The bathroom was the size of my closet, with a stand alone shower, which had a small window for ventilation I am assuming, that did not have anything to cover it for privacy, even closed it was still made of glass.

I've travelled all throughout the midwest, for various companies, stayed in a menagerie of hotels, motels, mom and pops places, most of them very cheap, to keep the companys' cost down. I've stayed in expensive hotels on my own tab, and places where the bugs ruled the roost, and I'd have to say this was one of the worst yet.

It's probably good for somebody who
A.) doesn't care if people can see them getting into or out of the shower.
B.) is travelling on a per diem and wants to keep their costs down but doesn't care about quality.
C.) semi-professional vagabonds

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Clear Lake hotels

Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

I stayed July 2 at the Lake Country Inn. I was traveling on my motorcycle and stopped on for a room. I could not restart my bike. The staff did everything to could to help. They were wonderful. The guests also tried to help.

The rooms were basic, which is what I was wanting. The price was right for the spotlessly clean room. The only complaint I have is the location on the highway and was a little loud but nothing to bad.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Cedar Rapids, IA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

I was going to say it was suitable if you just needed a place to sleep. Very simple and low-end but ok to sleep. But then I couldn't sleep! Perhaps it was the traffic on Hwy 18, or the loud A/C, or the humming of the ceiling fan. Yes, I could close the window, turn off the AC and fan, but then the mustiness would have made my allergies even worse! And nothing could stop the incessant knocking of the pipes.

Overall I found great reviews on this place online. (see also yahoo.travel.com) so i was convinced to stay. But i hear the place has undergone new management now and I did not experience anywhere near what the other reviews said i would, as far as customer service. From my telelphone calls to inquire, which were answered as "Front desk" um, hopefully of the inn? Oh, and that's when the phone is answered. We could not find the location of the hotel at first and called to ask 3 times but the phone was never answered! Once we get there about 5 minutes later, we realize, the manager was on a personal call and so was not answering. And she treated us as though we were interrupting her social life.

Next we read about the free continental breakfast and pet-friendlyness, but did not see any evidence of either, and the host did not mention anything about those, or other ammenities. And when do you ever pay upon check-in? Also weird encounter when I went to check out .

Overall, I think the new manager (if that is the case), is not experienced in hotel/motel management. Very awkward stay, very noisy and musty room. I hate to say it but i do not recommend this place.

• Liked — Cost was lowest in area
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2006

This was my third stay at the Lake country motel.
Great, clean and spacious rooms complete with refrigerator, micro-wave and cable TV in each room! A common lounge with a free waffles and coffee in the morning! The manager, Toby accommodated my every need. With low,room rates and great service,It can't be beat! I will return many times a year! Thanks Toby!

Glen

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business

Been to Lake Country Inn? Share your experiences!